Obama Does It Again. He Jumps On An Issue That Will Soon Blow Up In His Face

They weren't booing his "lying", they were booing HIM because he is gay. You can't run away from that. In their twisted minds they weren't booing a soldier, they were booing a GAY soldier and he doesn't count. His service isn't worthy because he is gay.

When did the mob cheer? When Santorum (google it) said he would bring back the policy that over 70% of Americans wanted repealed.

He isn't a liar, he served under a policy that required him to lie. It is the policy, not the person that is the issue and the policy is gone, thank you Congress and President Obama.

People that were there said a boo or two came from only one or two people, but you want to indict everyone there because nobody snatched that asshole up on camera and beat him severly about the head and shoulders, or made a fool of themselves by calling the prick out. Anyone that was there seemed to think the rudeness was better dealt with by ignoring it. Giving it the attention it deserved. None.

Everyone there cheered when Santorum (google it) said he would reinstate a policy that over 70% of Americans wanted repealed. That tells you everything you need to know about the audience and the few that booed the soldier.

Not a single candidate thanked Mr. Hill for his service to this country. Not one of them said a thing about the booing that, according to Huntsman, could be heard quite clearly.

Poor behavior by the audience (but that's nothing new at GnOP debates where they cheer executions and shout for an uninsured man to DIE) and poor behavior by the candidates.

Thank him for what?

Serving dishonestly? Lying about his sexual preferences?

Perry got nailed for wanting to educate children. Why should any one of them stick their necks out?

You fuckwads would find a way to twist it into a negative regardless. The less said the better.

You won't get through to him. See, much as in Palin felt she was justified to determine who the "real" Americans were back in 2008, these folks feel they are justified determining who the "real" soldiers are. Apparently, as was the case with Negro soldiers during the Civil War, only "striaght" bodies are able to stop bullets....

Hey, I've had a gay soldier in my platoon when I was in. There was the one time he tried to feel up some guy at the enlisted club while on pass, and they beat the shit out of him.

Absolutely hilarious. Especially when the MP woke me up at 0300 to bail his ass out of the brig.

"You Sergeant B***?"

"yes"

"Private S>>> in your squad?"

"He just got beaten up at the E-club."

Of course, after that, because he also had HIV, the guys he got into the fight with had to get tested for years, as did the two female medics who patched him up.

Now imagine how much less trouble for everyone involved if this guy hadn't lied to a recruiter.
Too bad you didn't get HIV.

:eek: Hate much???

You know, when you guys keep saying he lied about his sexual preference, when we have lived through DADT for nearly 20 years now - it really makes you look stupid.

You know, when you guys keep saying he lied about his sexual preference, when we have lived through DADT for nearly 20 years now - it really makes you look stupid.

When I enlisted, I dont recall anyone asking me who I liked to poke. It never came up.

How is that GITMO closing going?

It was going fine until the Republicans blocked it.

Perfect example though...President signs and EO to close GITMO and the GnOP blocks the funding to do it. Same thing might have held true for the repeal of DADT. The House GnOP TRIED to block the repeal quite a few times. Good thing it was decided through Congress and not an EO.

lol...the GOP blocked it?
Get out much?

NYS, a democratic state refused to accept the detainees. SO did pretty mcuh every state in the nation.

What Obama found out was that closing GITMO was not as simple as turning out the lights and locking the door.

Most people knew that already. He was too naive to even recognize the obvious.

He is a typical progressive.....you know what I mean.....one who thinks mking the world a perfect place is as simple as just implementing ideas.....without taking into consideration the negative ramifications.

Hey, I've had a gay soldier in my platoon when I was in. There was the one time he tried to feel up some guy at the enlisted club while on pass, and they beat the shit out of him.

Absolutely hilarious. Especially when the MP woke me up at 0300 to bail his ass out of the brig.

"You Sergeant B***?"

"yes"

Of course, after that, because he also had HIV, the guys he got into the fight with had to get tested for years, as did the two female medics who patched him up.

Now imagine how much less trouble for everyone involved if this guy hadn't lied to a recruiter.

Hey hey.

Wishing a death a sentence on someone is justifiable in this case.

They should have opened up a can of whoop-ass on that booing bastard.

But they didn't, so a life of pain, agony, and suffering is warranted here.

And to make it sink in we need 4 more years of Obama to assure that it happens.

Last edited:

When I enlisted, I dont recall anyone asking me who I liked to poke. It never came up.

It was a non issue. The military did not care who you poked.

But the military was smart enough to know that there was a percentage of Americans that looked down on those that are gay.....and deemed the best way to keep discrimination AWAY from the battlefield is to tell ALL....regardless of sexual prefernece.....to keep it to yourself.

What many non military dont know....facing death is hard enough.....but facing death knowing that your wingman may discriminate against you is even harder.

Liberals dont give a crap about that. They believe it is up to the discriminator to change...They are correct.....but until they do, the poor guy being discriminated against needs to worry if his wingman truly has his back.

Are you trying to say now that he never ever had to say he wasn't Gay????

It appears you aren't living on the same planet the rest of us do.

People who are in the closet have to hide their lives from others.

DADT didn't change that. It just stopped the military from officially asking the question on enlistment contracts.

Last edited:

DADT didn't change that. It just stopped the military from officially asking the question on enlistment contracts.
Gay and lesbian soldiers to you apparently can't win either way: If they join wanting to serve their country and they follow the rules, they suck just for wanting to join - or they're liars because of a stupid forced policy.

Either way you get to spew hatred upon them.

We know how this story goes and it's pretty clear where it comes from.

I'm not in anymore, so I don't care. I feel bad for all the troops that are going to get in some kind of trouble because some predator feels them up and they have to defend themselves. Although, after Obama loses, they'll probably come to the new Republican President and put in a more workable policy.

That's erroneous. It's not against the code of conduct already? :cuckoo:

sure it is.

And how many guys are going to rush into the C.O.'s office and say, "Private Snuffy tried to sodomize me in the shower, Sir!"

Hell, no. He's going to beat the ever living snot out of Private Snuffy. Then he's going to be up on charges, too. That's human nature, guy.

And of course, when the CO actually tries to bring Snuffy up on charges, just you watch, the ACLU and such will rush in and brand him a homophobe and tarnish his career.

Again, DADT was a bad policy because it confused the issue. This just makes it a bit worse.

I wonder how often have you spoke up about and against the RAMPANT rape of women that has gone on, and continues to exist in the military...?

(DV) The Rape, Assault and Harassment of Women in the Military

Things that make me go Hmmm.....!!!

Last edited:
You know what? If a person has made the monumental decision to give up their entire civilian life and bravely enlist to serve our country's armed forces in the name of defending the freedoms we as Americans enjoy, and have fought for since the beginning, including how you live your every day civilian life -- then I think that person has earned the right to stop hiding, stop being forced to live a lie, and be honored as much as any other honorable servicemember.

Gay and lesbian soldiers to you apparently can't win either way: If they join wanting to serve their country and they follow the rules, they suck just for wanting to join - or they're liars because of a stupid forced policy.

Liar.

Show me where I said Gays suck.(Other than dick)

I support them, but because it was against the law I can't say they were honest.

Pot is still illegal and so is crossing our borders without documentation.

Whether I agree with ether is not the issue.

I just maintain that privacy has it's merits and it's pitfalls. Refusing to get involved is our right. Being forced to commit one way or another is a totalitarian viewpoint at best.

"You Sergeant B***?"

"yes"

:) No, but you do.

You know what? If a person has made the monumental decision to give up their entire civilian life and bravely enlist to serve our country's armed forces in the name of defending the freedoms we as Americans enjoy, and have fought for since the beginning, including how you live your every day civilian life -- then I think that person has earned the right to stop hiding, stop being forced to live a lie, and be honored as much as any other honorable servicemember.

Nobody deserves to be honored simply by signing up.

Distinguishing yourself while serving is what gets you that.

Btw, I'm a combat vet who distinguished himself numerous times and this is the thanks I get.

Due to discrimination in this world, it has always been an uphill battle for the gay community.
What the political rhetoric seemd to have clouded was the reason for DADT.
It was not designed to create or cater to discrimination. Yes, it DID cater to discrimination, but that was a side affect of the reason for it.
People discriminate. It is the way it is. And until discrimination is eliminated, we need to have ceretain policies that are designed to protect those that are discriminated against.
DADT was designed to protect the gay community in the military.
If yoiu recall...the law was not "no gays allowed".
The law was "dont tell"
Why?
Becuase you dont want someone who's mission is to protect you to "not care" becuase of his hate for what you are.

So please...understand the reason for the law before you chastise those that agree with the law.

Me? No gay bias at all. Those that discriminate? I show them the door.
But I respect why the DADT law was designed to begin with.

Btw, I'm a combat vet who distinguished himself numerous times and this is the thanks I get.
If you feel dissed by the fact people find it abhorrent an America soldier serving in Iraq gets booed because he is gay, or even if we believe your retelling, because he asked a question - then I'm not sure what can be said to you.

Due to discrimination in this world, it has always been an uphill battle for the gay community.
What the political rhetoric seemd to have clouded was the reason for DADT.
It was not designed to create or cater to discrimination. Yes, it DID cater to discrimination, but that was a side affect of the reason for it.
People discriminate. It is the way it is. And until discrimination is eliminated, we need to have ceretain policies that are designed to protect those that are discriminated against.
DADT was designed to protect the gay community in the military.
If yoiu recall...the law was not "no gays allowed".
The law was "dont tell"
Why?
Becuase you dont want someone who's mission is to protect you to "not care" becuase of his hate for what you are.

So please...understand the reason for the law before you chastise those that agree with the law.

Me? No gay bias at all. Those that discriminate? I show them the door.
But I respect why the DADT law was designed to begin with.
Well DADT is all over now, so there's no need to fret anymore.

When you have a God complex it is hard not to voice your opinion on everything. They guy thinks he knows what is best for us ordinary folk. He words not mind,

Go green in 2012 recycle Obama

If you feel dissed by the fact people find it abhorrent an America soldier serving in Iraq gets booed because he is gay, or even if we believe your retelling, because he asked a question - then I'm not sure what can be said to you.

Try this.

"I wish someone had spoken up but they didn't".

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion".

How's that sound????

Try this.

"I wish someone had spoken up but they didn't".

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion".

How's that sound????
Better than "this is the thanks I get."

I do believe I have thanked you for your service before, and if you need to hear it again, I will: Thank you for your service.

If that's what you were getting at.

Forum List

Back