Obama Does It Again. He Jumps On An Issue That Will Soon Blow Up In His Face

Doesn't matter. People with far more medals than you disagree. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Pentagon hold far more sway than you do.

As I said, thank you for your service.

Enjoy civilian life.

It is good that bigots leave the military.

So what you are admitting is that you don't actually know anything about me, but you are willing to make judgements..

And then you'll whine about "bigots". Fuckin' classic! :lol:

My opinion is actually based on being in the military and having a gay soldier in my squad who was NOTHING but trouble because he lacked any kind of ability to discipline himself. And the only reason he ended up in my squad was because he got thrown out of his last unit. Essentially spent more time keeping him out of trouble than any other guy in the unit.

That incident where he got beaten up? I specifically told him, "Stay out of trouble" when I signed off on the pass. Well, that did a lot of good.

And it continues.

That wasn't a gay soldier you are booing - and - now saying you would discharge because he is gay (he "lied" - according to your DODT sensibilities)

That is an American Soldier. And you should be ashamed of yourself.

Yea..... we've all seen the outrage from the left about our soldiers being spat at by the left wing hounds.... oh wait.... no, we haven't. Fucking hypocrites.

The left are like a swarm of fucking worker bees..... land on any shit and create an issue. The faux outrage is wearing a tad thin.
I have no idea what spitting you're talking about - and I have never, nor would ever condone such a thing.

But that won't stop you from broadbrushing and then running to the defense of the boo'ers.

Stay Classy.

Criticizing your moronic crap is not 'defending' other moronic crap. Twit.

I think that he has to spend so much time sucking up (no pun intended) to people he already has the support of just shows his weakness.

Obviously, what was being booed (by one or two people) was not the soldier but the content of his question and the way he phrased it. That the bad old military "made him lie" about who he was.

Of course, Obama waited over two years to change the policy, after he lost Congress, and right before the courts would have overturned the rule to start with. "Profiles in Courage" this wasn't.

This is in part the magical thinking on the part of conservatives that either is disingenious or cynical. President Obama didn't "wait" on anything. He let the process take it's course. That involves the congress and the judiciary as well as the military.

I think that you should wait and see the human nature take place before you go and try to predict such things.

For instance, people don't generally grope women as they walk by anymore. It's no longer accepted, it's not tolerated.

That you think gays are going to just go ahead and start doing it to Military men in the shower is sheer propoganda. The military is going to do just fine with the repeal.

It was never really tolerated because a gentleman didn't do that kind of thing.

And frankly, I've seen how the PC crowd has used the "homophobe" cry to destroy people's career's in civilian life, I could imagine it would be the same in the miltiary now that you've essentially shifted the power.

Now, here's the thing, back before 1980, (when they did a no-tolerance thing, which was also wrong), the matter was left in the discretion of commanders. Which means the guys who behaved themselves and did a good job were retained, but the guys who didn't, or the guys who saw it as a "get out of the Army Free" card were gotten out.

I think that he has to spend so much time sucking up (no pun intended) to people he already has the support of just shows his weakness.

Obviously, what was being booed (by one or two people) was not the soldier but the content of his question and the way he phrased it. That the bad old military "made him lie" about who he was.

Of course, Obama waited over two years to change the policy, after he lost Congress, and right before the courts would have overturned the rule to start with. "Profiles in Courage" this wasn't.

This is in part the magical thinking on the part of conservatives that either is disingenious or cynical. President Obama didn't "wait" on anything. He let the process take it's course. That involves the congress and the judiciary as well as the military.

YOu always have an excuse for this fool, don't you?

Doesn't matter. People with far more medals than you disagree. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Pentagon hold far more sway than you do.

Enjoy civilian life.

So what you are admitting is that you don't actually know anything about me, but you are willing to make judgements..

My opinion is actually based on being in the military and having a gay soldier in my squad who was NOTHING but trouble because he lacked any kind of ability to discipline himself. And the only reason he ended up in my squad was because he got thrown out of his last unit. Essentially spent more time keeping him out of trouble than any other guy in the unit.

That incident where he got beaten up? I specifically told him, "Stay out of trouble" when I signed off on the pass. Well, that did a lot of good.
Aren't you glad you left.

Don't have to deal with that anymore, now don't you?

Yeah, I mean how dare those audience members have an opinion about some punk who lied to get into the military.
Wow. And we have one here doing the internet version of a Boo.

Dissing a US soldier.

Disgusting.

I was a soldier for 11 years. I go back to my point. This guy LIED to get in. He knew his lifestyle was against regulations, he chose to lie to get in, anyway.

And then he acted like he was the victim.

If a troop in my platoon had lied about something to enlist, I'd be the first one to sign off on his discharge papers.

Since it is unlikely that the soldier in question, Stephen Hill, joined prior to 1993, he didn't lie in order to join. He may have had to lie to his unit, his command and his team, but he didn't have to lie to join.

He didn't act like a "victim". He asked a candidate for President a question about the policy that allows to him to serve equally with the rest of his unit.

The crowd acted reprehensibly, but even more reprehensible was the silence from those same candidates after the audience booed.

And when a judge found it DADT unconstitutional and ordered it immediately ended, Obama then extended the course a bit, asking the judge to rescind his order, so Obama could then have the military end the policy instead of the courts, thus claiming credit for its demise.

It was shameful that not ONE Republican candidate spoke up about the booing.

Not one.
the left and Obama will lie cheat and steal to stay in power !!! and you have no problem with them doing it as long as they get what they want !!!

Enjoy civilian life.

Aren't you glad you left.

Don't have to deal with that anymore, now don't you?

I'm glad I left because I didn't see a future there. Long story I won't get into.

None of which dismisses my point, that leting PC crap overrule good sense is not good policy.

Since it is unlikely that the soldier in question, Stephen Hill, joined prior to 1993, he didn't lie in order to join. He may have had to lie to his unit, his command and his team, but he didn't have to lie to join.

He didn't act like a "victim". He asked a candidate for President a question about the policy that allows to him to serve equally with the rest of his unit.

The crowd acted reprehensibly, but even more reprehensible was the silence from those same candidates after the audience booed.

DADT was a horrible policy in that it lacked clarity... but the guy was still a liar. And that's what people were booing.

DADT was a horrible policy in that it lacked clarity... but the guy was still a liar. And that's what people were booing.
Unless you were the one doing the booing in that audience, I don't think you're in any position to say.

Excuse?

It's gone. And it's gone the way the military wanted it to be gone..their way.

Had he done it "my way or the highway" style you'd be coming up with charges of "dictator".

There's no way for this guy to win in the eyes of many in this country.

He's had many successes and without using the executive order route.

Enjoy civilian life.

Isn't that PRECISELY what you have done to the soldier in question here? And based on your posts, any gay and/or lesbian soldiers?

And when a judge found it DADT unconstitutional and ordered it immediately ended, Obama then extended the course a bit, asking the judge to rescind his order, so Obama could then have the military end the policy instead of the courts, thus claiming credit for its demise.

And anyone who's been paying any real attention to the President, realizes he's a process oriented guy. You can argue that's a mistake, as I have. I think the process is somewhat dysfunctional and tainted with money and partisanship. But it kind of puts the "Boy King" charge to rest.

Excuse?

It's gone. And it's gone the way the military wanted it to be gone..their way.

Had he done it "my way or the highway" style you'd be coming up with charges of "dictator".

There's no way for this guy to win in the eyes of many in this country.

He's had many successes and without using the executive order route.

Not from me. I said from day 1 that he could easily have issued an executive order barring enforcement of DADT... effectively ending it. THEN, he could have let it play out, get 'officially' ended, and say 'It took the system years to do what I did with a signature in one day'. In that scenario, he would have claimed, and rightly deserved, credit for ending DADT.

Forum List

Back