Obama daughters listed as "senior staff" for African trip

the admin that created the debt is the one who didnt give a crap.

you know , your team

President Barack Obama has repeatedly claimed that his budget would cut the deficit by half by the end of his term. But as Heritage analyst Brian Riedl has pointed out, given that Obama has already helped quadruple the deficit with his stimulus package, pledging to halve it by 2013 is hardly ambitious. The Washington Post has a great graphic which helps put President Obama’s budget deficits in context of President Bush’s.

•President Bush expanded the federal budget by a historic $700 billion through 2008. President Obama would add another $1 trillion.
•President Bush began a string of expensive finan*cial bailouts. President Obama is accelerating that course
•President Bush became the first President to spend 3 percent of GDP on federal antipoverty programs. President Obama has already in*creased this spending by 20 percent.
•President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008. Setting aside 2009 (for which Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for an additional $2.6 trillion in public debt), President Obama’s budget would add $4.9 trillion in public debt from the beginning of 2010 through 2016.
Bush Deficit vs. Obama Deficit in Pictures

Took Bush eight years....Obama's on steroids.

Kinda points to "your team,"huh?

The Obama vacation will create about as much good for the world as their trip to Paris!

This is a vacation mental midget!

Have you NO idea of the good will this trip can create in Africa?

Why are you SO consumed by hate for this family?

I guess you would have preferred they were listed as "The Little Bitches."

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

No...I would have expected the President of the United Sattes to have his daughters listed accurately.

As children of the first family.

Wonder why he felt the need to list them as senior staff members???????????
Why don't you research it and get back to us instead of once again exploding in fauxrage?

Havenet exploded with anything.
Not at all outraged. To the contrary, if it were true, I would not be surpirsed.....sort of expect it from this administration.

I am simply asking why he they went with the designation of senior staff.

They would have gotten a free ride if referred to as "first family".

So my question is not about tObama..

My question is has Wshington as a whole found ways to benefit personally by using ceretain wordkings and designations....

My concern is about our government and the little things we are finding out about them as they seem to "game the game" with their trips, junkets and $16 muffins.

The daughters should not have gone on the taxpayer dime.... most people, when on a business trip where they may take their family, do not put it on the company dime... they pay for their airfare, etc on their own.... hell, I think the trip was not a national necessity, but that is a whole other issue...

Has any other First Lady every so shamefully abused her travel privileges. This women has spend over $10 million on vacations. She took her entourage to Paris, Spain, throughout Europe etc.

She is like a fat kid in a candy store!

When the economy is so bad, with a record deficit, she should be be more mindful of this!

Have you NO idea of the good will this trip can create in Africa?

Why are you SO consumed by hate for this family?

George W. Bush didn't get a whole lot of attaboys on his way out of the White House. But on World AIDS Day near the end of last year, the outgoing U.S. President was the man of the hour, fielding praise from global health advocates and world leaders for the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, or PEPfAR, which increased tenfold the number of HIV-infected patients in Africa who receive antiretroviral treatments. At megachurch pastor Rick Warren's Global Health Forum on Dec. 1, 2008, Bush lingered to discuss this untarnished highlight of his presidency, a commitment of $15 billion over five years to combat HIV/AIDS. "No U.S. President or political leader has done more for global health," said Warren.

But now some critics are wondering if Bush's successor is doing enough. Many global health advocates worry that the success of PEPfAR — an initiative that has consistently enjoyed broad bipartisan support — may be jeopardized by harsh economic realities and shifting political priorities.

Read more: HIV/AIDS: Is Obama Scaling Back Bush's Health Push? - TIME

"Have you NO idea of the good will this trip can create in Africa?"

Demorat words....
....Republican deeds.

Yep. We certainly need to spread good will in Africa.

Might be more palatable if we weren't' 14 Tillion in debt and the Prez wasn't telling everybody else that they needed to "share in the sacrifice". Must be nice to have that blank check.

Nice little junket if you can get it.

Deflect deflect deflect :lol:
:lol:

You're an idiot. It doesn't matter in the least what they are called aboard a flight.

Have you always been this stupid or did the drugs destroy your mind?

"It doesn't matter in the least what they are called aboard a flight."

Isn't the fact that they are referred to as 'senior staff' a suggestion that
the President would have felt obligated to reimburse the Treasury had they been
identified as family?

Is there some sort of protocol?

The daughters should not have gone on the taxpayer dime.... most people, when on a business trip where they may take their family, do not put it on the company dime... they pay for their airfare, etc on their own.... hell, I think the trip was not a national necessity, but that is a whole other issue...

Well, that kind of depends. Historically, have the children of Presidents done likewise? If so, then I see no big deal with the Obamas doing it. However, if other Presidents have not done likewise, then he has a problem.

I can't be arsed to research the topic so I am not sure whether I should be outraged or amused.

Deflect deflect deflect :lol:
:lol:

You're an idiot. It doesn't matter in the least what they are called aboard a flight.

Have you always been this stupid or did the drugs destroy your mind?

Why yes it does matter that the children of the President and First Lady are listed as "senior staff".

They are travelling on the taxpayers dime when the Obamas continually call for shared sacrifice.

They are limousine liberals with the typical "do as I say, not as I do".

And they are swine at the trough of the taxpayers dollars.

Forum List

Back