Russian draft documents on legal security guarantees from the United States and NATO

The POINT of Russia occupying eastern Europe originally was simply to defeat the Germans.
They stayed for a while in order to rebuild, but also to ensure Russia would always have a neutral buffer, and not have enemies right on their border.
Russia never "grabbed" eastern Europe the way the US tried to grab China, Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Grenada, Chile, Nicaragua, Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, Libya, etc., in order to steal their resources and wealth.

The POINT of Russia occupying eastern Europe originally was simply to defeat the Germans.

Originally.
Were they still there to defeat the Germans when they crushed the Hungarian uprising?
What about when they invaded Czechoslovakia?

They stayed for a while in order to rebuild, but also to ensure Russia would always have a neutral buffer, and not have enemies right on their border.

Oh, they enslaved central Europe so they wouldn't have enemies on their border.
Was that a good idea?

You may love to talk theoretical Communism but I am talking real life Communism.

Except that you obviously know nothing about real life communism, or else you would not have linked that foolish propaganda.

The first link claims to have 8 points why communism does not work, and it silly wrong.
For example, the 1st claim is that you can not leave. And of course anyone could leave at any time.
Nor did people in general want to leave, since life included a stable job, housing, food, health care, etc.
Nor would being able to leave or not have anything remotely at all related to economic systems, like communism or capitalism. Since capitalism prefers slavery when it can get away with it, clearly it is capitalism that denies mobility, not communism.

Except that you obviously know nothing about real life communism, or else you would not have linked that foolish propaganda.

The first link claims to have 8 points why communism does not work, and it silly wrong.
For example, the 1st claim is that you can not leave. And of course anyone could leave at any time.
Nor did people in general want to leave, since life included a stable job, housing, food, health care, etc.
Nor would being able to leave or not have anything remotely at all related to economic systems, like communism or capitalism. Since capitalism prefers slavery when it can get away with it, clearly it is capitalism that denies mobility, not communism.

Of course. That's why they built the Berlin Wall.
To make it easier for you to leave your stable job, housing, food, health care, etc.

Originally.
Were they still there to defeat the Germans when they crushed the Hungarian uprising?
What about when they invaded Czechoslovakia?

Oh, they enslaved central Europe so they wouldn't have enemies on their border.
Was that a good idea?

There were no Russian troops there by the time of the Hungarian uprising, and the Warsaw Pact troops sent in were East German, Polish, etc.
And the uprising was a fake, paid for by the US, that quickly failed because it had no popular support.

Enslaving means stealing the fruits of their labor, and that never happened.
The Warsaw Pact cost Russia far more than they got out of it.
And YES, ensuring a border buffer most certainly is a very good idea, since the world is so hostile.

There were no Russian troops there by the time of the Hungarian uprising, and the Warsaw Pact troops sent in were East German, Polish, etc.
And the uprising was a fake, paid for by the US, that quickly failed because it had no popular support.

And YES, ensuring a border buffer most certainly is a very good idea, since the world is so hostile.

There were no Russian troops there by the time of the Hungarian uprising

You're lying.

Of course.

You're lying.

Yeah, commies are really, really bad at economics.

The commies were so successful, they have no enemies on their border, eh?

Of course. That's why they built the Berlin Wall.
To make it easier for you to leave your stable job, housing, food, health care, etc.

The Berlin wall was over people taking advantage of a free college education, and then crossing over so they would never have to pay back to the society that has subsidized their education.
It was no a general problem to Warsaw Pact countries in general, and it still has nothing at all to do with communism.

There were no Russian troops there by the time of the Hungarian uprising

You're lying.

Of course.

You're lying.

Yeah, commies are really, really bad at economics.

The commies were so successful, they have no enemies on their border, eh?

Wrong.
Being successful is what makes capitalists attack you the most.
No one ever attacks the unsuccessful, and they only attack the successful.

The Berlin wall was over people taking advantage of a free college education, and then crossing over so they would never have to pay back to the society that has subsidized their education.

But....stable job, housing, food, health care, etc

You were lying when you said "And of course anyone could leave at any time"

What else did you lie about, comrade?

It was no a general problem to Warsaw Pact countries in general,

They all allowed their prisoners...err...citizens to freely travel west?

I hope the Ukraine is just destroyed and depopulated.
That is the source of the monsters who want the death camps for Hitler.
Only by spreading them out among normal people can that evil threat be eliminated.
You’re sick

The Berlin wall was not in Russia.
And it is supposed to be globally illegal to default on student subsidies.
The fact it was happening in East Berlin so much, likely was deliberate enticement by the west, the US in particular.

Of course those who promised to not leave until they had paid back their education subsidy, would be lying.
I have not heard of anyone being denied travel.
It would be pretty hard to stop.
It is not like the entire border could be blocked like what Trump proposed with Mexico.
It is not practical.

I thought this was understood after the Cuban missile crisis: You stay out of our backyard and we'll stay out of yours. NATO is a US proxy organization, as evidenced by the historic funding of it. I'm no fan of Russia, but I understand their motivations.

Is that why the Trabant is still outselling BMW?
Commie success?

The Trabant was one of the single most successful cars ever made.
That is why they used one for the "Harry Potter" movie intro.

{...
Official state price was 7,450 GDR marks and the demand to production ratio was forty three to one (1989). The free market price for a second-hand one was more than twice the price of a new one, and the average worker had to wait ten to thirteen years on a waiting list, or, if available, pay more than double for a second hand model
...}

They are still selling for much more than they originally cost, due to their simple, reliable, and economical design.
In contrast, you could not give me a BMW, except if I could immediately resell it .
A BMW is about the most unreliable car every built.
They do not last, and maintenance is horrendous.

The Trabant was one of the single most successful cars ever made.
That is why they used one for the "Harry Potter" movie intro.

{...
Official state price was 7,450 GDR marks and the demand to production ratio was forty three to one (1989). The free market price for a second-hand one was more than twice the price of a new one, and the average worker had to wait ten to thirteen years on a waiting list, or, if available, pay more than double for a second hand model
...}

They are still selling for much more than they originally cost, due to their simple, reliable, and economical design.
In contrast, you could not give me a BMW, except if I could immediately resell it .
A BMW is about the most unreliable car every built.
They do not last, and maintenance is horrendous.
The world needs more cars like the Trabant.
I'd rather have a simple, reliable car than some computer controlled, tetris engine-compartmented disposable money pit.

The world needs more cars like the Trabant.
I'd rather have a simple, reliable car than some computer controlled, tetris engine-compartmented disposable money pit.

I just recently had a couple of things break on my Jetta.
The AC went out and they dealer wanted $3k.
Since there no longer is a pulley clutch and they used a bypass valve instead, there is no way to test anything hardly.
Turns out it was the computerized temperature switch in the dash.
The part at the dealer was $1k, but I got a rebuilt for $300.
Now the radiator fan is going on by itself, about 5 times, even is a cold engine was only on for 5 seconds.
Dealer is quoting $2500.
I bet a junk yard relay will fix it?
I can't open one of the doors.
The locks are electric only, and it burned out most likely.
Dealer wans $1200.

I just recently had a couple of things break on my Jetta.
The AC went out and they dealer wanted $3k.
Since there no longer is a pulley clutch and they used a bypass valve instead, there is no way to test anything hardly.
Turns out it was the computerized temperature switch in the dash.
The part at the dealer was $1k, but I got a rebuilt for $300.
Now the radiator fan is going on by itself, about 5 times, even is a cold engine was only on for 5 seconds.
Dealer is quoting $2500.
I bet a junk yard relay will fix it?
I can't open one of the doors.
The locks are electric only, and it burned out most likely.
Dealer wans $1200.
That's why I drive this:
IMG_0004.JPG

19 years old and runs like new.

The fact it was happening in East Berlin so much, likely was deliberate enticement by the west, the US in particular.

Did I say it was in Russia? Moron.

LOL!

I know, freedom from communist tyranny is very enticing.

Of course those who promised to not leave until they had paid back their education subsidy, would be lying.
It is not like the entire border could be blocked like what Trump proposed with Mexico.
It is not practical.

Did they sign an agreement to pay back their free, commie education?

Well, after you shoot the first couple of thousand who tried to escape, it's much easier to stop.

Forum List

Back