Obama broke the law when he released the GITMO detaniees

yep, lets encourage him to walk all over us, break his OWN LAWS and spit on our constitution to get our military back home

lovely

I can't wait for a Republican to become President and do these EXACT same things

It's pretty clear what kind of Soldiers the Liar in Chief likes.

The same kind of Soldier our leftist scum in here likes -- Deserters and America-Haters.

How shocking, huh? :rofl:

Bowe Bergdahl: Taliban claim captured U.S. solider is teaching fighters bomb-making skills | Mail Online

Taliban claim captured U.S. solider has converted to Islam and is teaching its fighters bomb-making skills
By MAIL FOREIGN SERVICE
UPDATED: 08:39 EST, 22 August 2010

A captured American soldier is training Taliban fighters bomb-making and ambush skills, according to one of his captors and Afghan intelligence officials.

Private Bowe Bergdahl disappeared in June 2009 while based in eastern Afghanistan and is thought to be the only U.S. serviceman in captivity.

The 24-year-old has converted to Islam and now has the Muslim name Abdullah, one of his captors told The Sunday Times.

article-1305184-090B6D1B000005DC-44_468x310.jpg

Captured: U.S. solider Private Bowe Bergdahl, pictured in a video released in April
is teaching the Taliban bomb-making skills according to one of his captors

It's pretty clear what kind of Soldiers the Liar in Chief likes.

The same kind of Soldier our leftist scum in here likes -- Deserters and America-Haters.

How shocking, huh? :rofl:

Bowe Bergdahl: Taliban claim captured U.S. solider is teaching fighters bomb-making skills | Mail Online

Taliban claim captured U.S. solider has converted to Islam and is teaching its fighters bomb-making skills
By MAIL FOREIGN SERVICE
UPDATED: 08:39 EST, 22 August 2010

A captured American soldier is training Taliban fighters bomb-making and ambush skills, according to one of his captors and Afghan intelligence officials.

Private Bowe Bergdahl disappeared in June 2009 while based in eastern Afghanistan and is thought to be the only U.S. serviceman in captivity.

The 24-year-old has converted to Islam and now has the Muslim name Abdullah, one of his captors told The Sunday Times.

article-1305184-090B6D1B000005DC-44_468x310.jpg

Captured: U.S. solider Private Bowe Bergdahl, pictured in a video released in April
is teaching the Taliban bomb-making skills according to one of his captors

Just the type liberals latch onto as some sort of hero
they could care less about the OTHER ONE'S WHO LOST their lives because of this thing called an, American soldier.

yep, lets encourage him to walk all over us, break his OWN LAWS and spit on our constitution to get our military back home

lovely

I can't wait for a Republican to become President and do these EXACT same things

Wait?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHXq8TRejow]Telling Lies - YouTube[/ame]

Oh man.

:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejvyDn1TPr8]Nixon - When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal - YouTube[/ame]

lovely

Wait?

Oh man.

shallow should be your moniker and ass kisser would fit also

lovely

Wait?

Oh man.

shallow should be your moniker and ass kisser would fit also

Got nuttin' eh Step?

Fix me a drink. Make it snappy!

It's unbelievable more people aren't calling for Obama to be Impeached
we are so gone as country of laws by allowing this man and administration roll right over we the people and our Representation IN CONGRESS
and now we have HIM releasing terrorist back into our military men and women's mist

Yes...you need to push for President Obama to be impeached for getting an American citizen (soldier POW) released from the Taliban.

That will go over REALLY well. :D

dimocraps are lying scum.

Every last one of them

Jay Carney, 2013: No Decisions About Bergdahl-Detainee Deal 'Without Consulting With Congress' | The Weekly Standard

But just under a year ago, in June 2013, White House press secretary Jay Carney was unequivocal in his response to a reporter's questions about this very deal, saying, "[W]e would not make any decisions about transfer of any detainees without consulting with Congress and without doing so in accordance with U.S. law."

Here is the full exchange from the White House transcript [emphasis added]:

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney, 6/21/2013 | The White House

Q Jay, going to back to Afghanistan, the Taliban has offered to release Bowe Bergdahl in exchange for five members of the Taliban who are currently being held at Guantanamo Bay. Is this something that the administration is considering? Is this something that the President would agree to?

MR. CARNEY: What I can tell you is that the main dialogue that we support is the dialogue between Afghans -- between the Taliban and the Afghan government. However, there are some issues that we would like to discuss with the Taliban directly, and this includes the safe return of Sergeant Bergdahl, who has been gone for far too long.

We continue to call for and work toward his safe and immediate release. We cannot discuss all the details of our efforts, but there should be no doubt that on a daily basis we are continuing to pursue -- using our military, intelligence and diplomatic tools -- the effort to return him home safely. And our hearts are with the Bergdahl family.

With regard to the transfer of Taliban detainees from Guantanamo Bay, we have made -- the United States has not made the decision to do that, though we do expect the Taliban to raise this issue in our discussion, if and when those discussions happen.

As we have long said, however, we would not make any decisions about transfer of any detainees without consulting with Congress and without doing so in accordance with U.S. law.

A vote for a dimocrap..... ANY dimocrap, is a vote for lying scumbag piece of shit.

They were in negotiation for 5 years.

And? I do not think this law overrules the Constitution and the AUMF.

But..I could be wrong.

We'll see.

On this point there truly is no gray and the Administration has admitted they broke the law.

Dang this old box is so slow. Sorries.

This link has both plain language and legalese. I'm not bullshitting here. :eusa_angel: Waaaaaaay more at the link. I just grabbed the notification part. My eyes were glazing over trying to read the rest of it. I need more coffee.

(d) Notification- The Secretary of Defense shall notify the appropriate committees of Congress of a determination of the Secretary under subsection (a) or (b) not later than 30 days before the transfer or release of the individual under such subsection. Each notification shall include, at a minimum, the following:

(1) A detailed statement of the basis for the transfer or release.

(2) An explanation of why the transfer or release is in the national security interests of the United States.

(3) A description of any actions taken to mitigate the risks of reengagement by the individual to be transferred or released, including any actions taken to address factors relevant to a prior case of reengagement described in subsection (c)(3).

(4) A copy of any Periodic Review Board findings relating to the individual.

(5) A description of the evaluation conducted pursuant to subsection (c), including a summary of the assessment required by paragraph (6) of such subsection.

Yes, Obama Did Break the Law by Trading Guantanamo Terrorists for Bergdahl | ConservativeHQ.com

Yup.

And it looks like it is in violation of this:

Section 2.

The President shall be commander in chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several states, when called into the actual service of the United States; he may require the opinion, in writing, of the principal officer in each of the executive departments, upon any subject relating to the duties of their respective offices, and he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment.

The law of notification is very clear. Very specific to the transfer of detainees. Sorries. No wiggle room.

Spare us your fake indignation, Republicans. You lied to the entire world and tortured POWs. Drop the act. You're not innocent.

The Phase II report on Bush administration public statements, in conjunction with the SSCI’s original July 2004 report on Iraq’s alleged Weapons of Mass Destruction, indicates that political manipulation extended beyond the intelligence itself to affect investigation of the intelligence failures on Iraq as well as the Bush administration’s use of that information.
In conjunction with other recently declassified materials, the Phase II report shows that the Bush administration solicited intelligence then used to “substantiate” its public claims.
A recently declassified draft of the CIA’s October 2002 white paper on Iraqi WMD programs demonstrates that that paper long pre-dated the compilation of the National Intelligence Estimate on Iraqi capabilities.
The timing of the CIA’s draft white paper coincides with a previously available draft of the British Government’s white paper on Iraqi WMD, demonstrating that the Bush administration and the Tony Blair government began acting in concert to build support for an invasion of Iraq two to three months earlier than previously understood.
A comparison of the CIA draft white paper with its publicly released edition shows that all the changes made were in the nature of strengthening its charges against Iraq by inserting additional alarming claims, in the manner of an advocacy, or public relations document. The draft and final papers show no evidence of intelligence analysis applied to the information contained. Similar comparison of the British white paper shows the same phenomenon at work.
Declassified Pentagon documents demonstrate that the CIA white paper was modified in ways that conformed to the desires of the Undersecretary of Defense for Policy and his office, in much the same way that British documents indicate that country’s white paper was changed to conform to the desires of the Blair government.
U.S. Intelligence and Iraq WMD

There is more than enough evidence in the case of Abdulrahman al-Awlaki to put Obama away for life, just as there is more than enough evidence regarding Iraq to put Bush and Cheney away for life. Do you actually want justice? Put these criminals in cages until the end of their natural lives. Stop pissing into the wind. You're not accomplishing anything.

Press charges and watch the system crumble.

On this point there truly is no gray and the Administration has admitted they broke the law.

Dang this old box is so slow. Sorries.

This link has both plain language and legalese. I'm not bullshitting here. :eusa_angel: Waaaaaaay more at the link. I just grabbed the notification part. My eyes were glazing over trying to read the rest of it. I need more coffee.

(d) Notification- The Secretary of Defense shall notify the appropriate committees of Congress of a determination of the Secretary under subsection (a) or (b) not later than 30 days before the transfer or release of the individual under such subsection. Each notification shall include, at a minimum, the following:

(1) A detailed statement of the basis for the transfer or release.

(2) An explanation of why the transfer or release is in the national security interests of the United States.

(3) A description of any actions taken to mitigate the risks of reengagement by the individual to be transferred or released, including any actions taken to address factors relevant to a prior case of reengagement described in subsection (c)(3).

(4) A copy of any Periodic Review Board findings relating to the individual.

(5) A description of the evaluation conducted pursuant to subsection (c), including a summary of the assessment required by paragraph (6) of such subsection.

Yes, Obama Did Break the Law by Trading Guantanamo Terrorists for Bergdahl | ConservativeHQ.com

Yup.

Section 2.

The President shall be commander in chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several states, when called into the actual service of the United States; he may require the opinion, in writing, of the principal officer in each of the executive departments, upon any subject relating to the duties of their respective offices, and he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment.

The law of notification is very clear. Very specific to the transfer of detainees. Sorries. No wiggle room.

Cool.

I seriously hopes this goes to the Supreme Court.

Because the law, as written? Is Unconstitutional.

No wiggle room.

Yup.

Cool.

I seriously hopes this goes to the Supreme Court.

Because the law, as written? Is Unconstitutional.

No wiggle room.

Please tell me that you are not serious. No wiggle room makes a law unconstitutional are you serious? I hope not. I might even laugh if you say it was a joke.

Forum List

Back