Obama Banning Bullets In ATF Regulation

SS 109 Greentip/ Kevlar ....
who gives a shit about armored tanks, ask a COP if he or she wants to be the catcher of a round bad guys like ..
You speak from ignorance; 5.56 ball ammo will defeat typical police-issue body armor every bit as well as SS109.

there are several rounds that penetrate police body protecting vests, the 5.56 was added to the list for consistency. As a life member of the NRA and gun collector calling me ignorant without knowing my background is not only childish, but a frame for your stupidity.

We tried to warn people about voting for him

so now they can live under HIS jackboot and all the government agencies he has militarized. You think 200 armed Feds raiding a rancher was a fluke. You ain't seen nothing yet

thanks all you who voted for the puke

Since 1986, shooters have been barred from purchasing armor-piercing ammunition in handgun calibers, such as .44 magnum, 9mm and .357. Lawmakers tried to exempt rifle ammunition and restrict only armor-piercing ammo “designed to be fired from a handgun.” But the ATF says that given the popularity of shortened AR-15-style pistols, the 5.56 is now a handgun caliber. -

See more at: ATF Uses AR Pistols To Justify Ban On 5.56 Ammo 2015-02-16 Grand View Outdoors

study up IDIOTS !

who gives a shit about armored tanks, ask a COP if he or she wants to be the catcher of a round bad guys like ..
You speak from ignorance; 5.56 ball ammo will defeat typical police-issue body armor every bit as well as SS109.
there are several rounds that penetrate police body protecting vests, the 5.56 was added to the list for consistency.
You don't understand.
Banning SS109 - but not 5.56x45 or .223 - because of its ability to defeat a police-issue vest is a meaningless standard.

Commenting without having the slightest idea about the subject again I see. I'll bet you don't know why that particular shell is being banned when so many others used in an AR are not being bothered,
I'd love to hear your explanation. I need a laugh.

The truth is it hardly matters. The 55gr FMJ will penetrate more than the 62gr green tip. It cuts down on the milsurp ammo available for shooting is all. ATF will be consistent in banning it, based on thier rules.
I have a case of PMC 556 62gr green tip for sale if anyone wants some.

So you think the reason hardly matters, but you are against it anyway? Like I said, I don't think you have the slightest idea about the facts. You just want to blame Obama for anything you can think of.
Dumbshit. I'm a firearms dealer. I deal with ATF every day. I know exactly why they are doing this. I know way more about it than you do. Its consistent with ATF policy but it's stupid anyway. What about that do you fail to understand?

Sure you are a firearms dealer. I'm an astronaut who is also a concert pianist, and do brain surgery on the side. See how that works? You still haven't been able to say what the justification for banning that particular shell is, and I don't think you even know.
I've said I was a fireams dealer from Day One here. Everyone knows that's what I do.

ATF position is the 1968 GCA bans armor piercing ammo for handguns, not long guns. As long as the 5.56 was a round for long guns, you could import/sell as much green tip (which is "light armor piercing", designed to defeat a kevlar helmet at some specific range) was fine. Once a plethora of "AR pistols" appeared it could no longer be considered a rifle round and they applied existing rules and banned it under the GCA. Or have proposed to do so, more accurately.
They did exactly this with the 5.45x39 steel core that used to be available. Once pistols in that caliber appeared it was a pistol round

So you do know a little. Why are you trying to pretend this is some sort of Obama conspiracy when it is something that was put into law decades ago?

there are several rounds that penetrate police body protecting vests, the 5.56 was added to the list for consistency. As a life member of the NRA and gun collector calling me ignorant without knowing my background is not only childish, but a frame for your stupidity.
Obama is not banning 5.56mm ammunition.
You really dont know jack shit

Since 1986, shooters have been barred from purchasing armor-piercing ammunition in handgun calibers, such as .44 magnum, 9mm and .357. Lawmakers tried to exempt rifle ammunition and restrict only armor-piercing ammo “designed to be fired from a handgun.” But the ATF says that given the popularity of shortened AR-15-style pistols, the 5.56 is now a handgun caliber. -
See more at: ATF Uses AR Pistols To Justify Ban On 5.56 Ammo 2015-02-16 Grand View Outdoors
study up IDIOTS !
Indeed - good advice that you should apply to yourself.
Under federal law, SS109 does not meet the definition of "armor piercing".

there are several rounds that penetrate police body protecting vests, the 5.56 was added to the list for consistency.
You don't understand.
Banning SS109 - but not 5.56x45 or .223 - because of its ability to defeat a police-issue vest is a meaningless standard.
SS109 is classed as "light armor piercing." The reality of the situation--ball 55gr 5.56mm will do even more--is irrelevant.

And anyone that knows the difference between the .223 and .556 knows that the .556 is hotter than the .223. You should not fire the .556 in civilian guns for any reason. The chamber pressure of the .556 exceeds the safe limits of the civilian gun. The same goes for the .308 and the 7.62. And God Forbid if you take 7.62 ammo off the belt of a M-60. While the round fits in your .308, the pressures sooner or later will blow your chamber out. Military Rounds are hotter and some are even hotter like the M-60 7.62 round or the belt fed .556 ammo.
Are you aware that they sell .556 ARs to civilians?

You don't understand.

I understand its banned for pistols and not for rifles.

study up IDIOTS !

Hey, rocket surgeon, I am sure you'll have no problem citing all the instances where a 5.56 handgun with green-tip rounds have been used to shoot cops...wearing body armor or not.

Do you even know what "armor-piercing" ammunition is? Best scurry off to Wikipedia to find out.

study up IDIOTS !
It does only because the definition of SS109 is armor piercing. Not body armor but a steel helmet. That was its purpose.

You don't understand.
:lol:
No, you don't.
:lol:

We tried to warn people about voting for him

so now they can live under HIS jackboot and all the government agencies he has militarized. You think 200 armed Feds raiding a rancher was a fluke. You ain't seen nothing yet

thanks all you who voted for the puke

It's like I always say....we get the government we deserve. ;)

And anyone that knows the difference between the .223 and .556 knows that the .556 is hotter than the .223. You should not fire the .556 in civilian guns for any reason. The chamber pressure of the .556 exceeds the safe limits of the civilian gun. The same goes for the .308 and the 7.62. And God Forbid if you take 7.62 ammo off the belt of a M-60. While the round fits in your .308, the pressures sooner or later will blow your chamber out. Military Rounds are hotter and some are even hotter like the M-60 7.62 round or the belt fed .556 ammo.
Are you aware that they sell .556 ARs to civilians?
There's no sucj thing as .556 ammo or guns.

You don't understand.

Wrong.

study up IDIOTS !
It does only because the definition of SS109 is armor piercing. Not body armor but a steel helmet. That was its purpose.
Do you know the definition of "armor piercing" under federal law?

Your own words confirm your ignorance...your memberships are irrelevant.

Forum List

Back