Obama admits to speeding up the training of ISIL forces

Althoough the video does include a portion of a speech given by President Obama at the Pentagon on 6 July 2015 about "Progress in the Fight Against ISIL," the suggestion that he "made a shocking admission" about "training ISIL forces" is inaccurate. The President's comments merely included slip of the tongue, as evidenced by the President's following statement (i.e., that Sunni volunteers were being trained as "a new force against ISIL") and a correction issued by the White House (which noted President Obama's slip and placed the word "Iraqi" in brackets where it should have been used):
Training Wheels

Althoough the video does include a portion of a speech given by President Obama at the Pentagon on 6 July 2015 about "Progress in the Fight Against ISIL," the suggestion that he "made a shocking admission" about "training ISIL forces" is inaccurate. The President's comments merely included slip of the tongue, as evidenced by the President's following statement (i.e., that Sunni volunteers were being trained as "a new force against ISIL") and a correction issued by the White House (which noted President Obama's slip and placed the word "Iraqi" in brackets where it should have been used):
Training Wheels

No slip. The truth came out. Obama armed and paid wages to the "Syrian rebels". Many of whom defected to ISIS.

Training Wheels

No slip. The truth came out. Obama armed and paid wages to the "Syrian rebels". Many of whom defected to ISIS.
Believe what you want, but all politicians and public speakers make gaffs....It would not make any sense to destroy ISIL , while supporting it...

Training Wheels

Believe what you want, but all politicians and public speakers make gaffs....I bet you do also at times..

He even admits they're from the Sunni tribes, which is essentially what ISIS is.

Training Wheels

I agree with you Moonglow, and you know full well that I'm not afraid of backing theories outside of the mainstream. A good theory needs more evidence then a single sentence to back it up. That's not to say that the U.S. hasn't helped create ISIS/ISIL indirectly, but I've never seen any evidence that they've tried to directly create it. While GlobalResearch may go a bit over the top sometimes (their titles for one, this one would be better as "America's actions helped create..."), I think the following article sums up my views regarding the U.S.'s role in the creation of both Al Qaeda and ISIS, starting in the 1980s for Al Qaeda, and with Bush's 2003 invasion of Iraq for ISIS:
America Created Al-Qaeda and the ISIS Terror Group

Training Wheels

Believe what you want, but all politicians and public speakers make gaffs....It would not make any sense to destroy ISIL , while supporting it...
US fights ISIS…while aiding ISIS

Forum List

Back