Obama Admits To 'Flying Blind' As President

Of course he was flying blind.

The man was a part time Senator/Community Organizer/Law Professor. A guy who never held a real job and had no idea how the world works.

He was POTUS for eight years and he will be remembered as one lousy POTUS.
No he won't... your biggest dig on Obama is slow growth. That is hardly lousy and when looking at the state of our nation in 2008... unemployment, economic output, stock market etc. compared to the end of his presidency, all you see are rising numbers. He pulled us out of one of the biggest holes our country has ever faced and got us on track.

The ACA will be remembered as an initiative that got 20 million + insurance and initiated change to a very broken system. Even if it is repealed, the elements that comprise the heart of it will likely remain (pre existing conditions and children staying in parents plan).

Militarily, he took out bin laden and destroyed Al Qaeda, and brought 100s of thousands of troops home. All the finger pointing yall do including blaming him for Isis, will fade and become insignificant in the eyes of history.

I don't think he did an extraordinary job, he had his share of issues. I'd give him a B on performance. But whether you like it or not he will be remembered as one of the most historic and inspirational presidents in our history

Sorry. I don't see it that way at all.

Douchebag completely ignored the economy while he and the Dem idiots were crafting that POS Obamacare.

All the ACA did was hang another entitlement around the necks of the American taxpayer.

Those being subsidized by we the taxpayer love it. The rest of us have seen our costs go up. My benefit costs have gone up by 60% in the last two years because of that POS Obama care.

As for bringing our military home. He sure did but he's now sending them out again.

Douchebag has been a bust as POTUS.

Douchebag completely ignored the economy while he and the Dem idiots were crafting that POS Obamacare.

All the ACA did was hang another entitlement around the necks of the American taxpayer.

Those being subsidized by we the taxpayer love it. The rest of us have seen our costs go up. My benefit costs have gone up by 60% in the last two years because of that POS Obama care.

As for bringing our military home. He sure did but he's now sending them out again.

I know plenty of middle class hard working people who couldn't get insured because of pre existing conditions that were able to get it because of ACA. It had a good impact for some, a negative impact for others and a very sloppy and messy roll out. If more soldiers go out that will be under Trumps watch.

Again I'll say, in the end all the nit picky critiques will fade and the numbers will remain... he will be remembered as one of the most inspirational presidents in US history

I know plenty of middle class hard working people who couldn't get insured because of pre existing conditions that were able to get it because of ACA. It had a good impact for some, a negative impact for others and a very sloppy and messy roll out. If more soldiers go out that will be under Trumps watch.

Again I'll say, in the end all the nit picky critiques will fade and the numbers will remain... he will be remembered as one of the most inspirational presidents in US history
Are you trying to be condescending with your smiley faces or do you have a point to make?

Excuse me while I stand over here and LMAO.

Inspirational?? Not hardly.

His apology tour wasn't inspirational.

His ACA sure as shit wasn't inspirational.

His importation of thousands of unvetted Syrian refugee's that will cost we the taxpayer up the ass for years sure isn't inspirational.

His waiting almost three years to tackle the economy after he rammed the ACA down the throats of the American taxpayer wasn't inspirational.

Nah. He sure as shit wasn't inspirational any more than his most transparent administration in history was transparent.

You might call in nit picky but thinking person sure won't. He's tied with Carter as the worst president this country has ever had.

I'm sure you remember Hope and Change?? What a load of horseshit.

Last edited:

Excuse me while I stand over here and LMAO.

Inspirational?? Not hardly.

His apology tour wasn't inspirational.

His ACA sure as shit wasn't inspirational.

His importation of thousands of unvetted Syrian refugee's that will cost we the taxpayer up the ass for years sure isn't inspirational.

His waiting almost three years to tackle the economy after he rammed the ACA down the throats of the American taxpayer wasn't inspirational.

Nah. He sure as shit wasn't inspirational any more than his most transparent administration in history was transparent.

You might call in nit picky but thinking person sure won't. He's tied with Carter as the worst president this country has ever had.

I'm sure you remember Hope and Change?? What a load of horseshit.
Of you course you find it funny. You don't appear to have the ability to be objective and see what the masses will see. Whether you are a fan or not of his politics there is still a realistic perception that the world will see and remember him by.

His apology tour is a non factor and if it has any historical impact, which it won't, it will be viewed as a diplomatic way of repairing a very negative world view of the USA. Showing a little humility and willingness to work with foreign partners is not a bad thing to most people. I spent a few months overseas traveling around Europe in 2007-2008 and the way most Europeans saw Americans in association with Bush was embarrassing... Obama absolutely repaired that.

ACA, I already explained, do you remember how bad our healthcare issues were before the ACA? It's not like he made a problem out of nothing, they have existed for a long time and the ACA initiated much needed changes.

Had Obama closed the doors to Syrians and not been involved in the Refugee crisis, that would have been a black mark on his presidency and on America as a world leader and superpower. It is a humanitarian crisis.

People like you may never see it the way I describe, thats fine... There is never anything that everybody see's the same way. But the books of history and the consensus of the masses will fall in line with what I say.... You'll blame the dishonest liberal media and education system and the petty arguing will continue.

Oh I see just fine. I'm just not blinded by the guy like you seem to be.

He was far from effective as POTUS but he is one grand speech maker and loads of folks bought into it.

They bought his Hope and Change. I never did.

He was far from effective as POTUS but he is one grand speech maker and loads of folks bought into it.

Just curious, how do you view Bushes presidency, and how would you compare him to Obama?

Just curious, how do you view Bushes presidency, and how would you compare him to Obama?

His first term was great. He was the right man in the right place at the right time.

Second term he sucked.

an you point out the economic policies Barack Obama put in place that got unemployment to go down? What his policies were to grow the economy?
Historically an administration is always given credit for good outcomes or blamed for bad outcomes. That seems to always lead to clashes in what are the causes and effects. I'm not going to get into a pointless never ending discourse at that level.

...yet the stock market is growing so strongly since Donald Trump's election
During Obama's two terms the stock market more than doubled. Let's see how Trump does at the end of his term before jumping to cause and effect conclusions.

So you can't come up with an Obama policy that grew the economy or decreased unemployment? Noted...

an you point out the economic policies Barack Obama put in place that got unemployment to go down? What his policies were to grow the economy?
Historically an administration is always given credit for good outcomes or blamed for bad outcomes. That seems to always lead to clashes in what are the causes and effects. I'm not going to get into a pointless never ending discourse at that level.

During Obama's two terms the stock market more than doubled. Let's see how Trump does at the end of his term before jumping to cause and effect conclusions.

What's amusing is that you preach caution about jumping to cause and effect conclusions...yet do EXACTLY that when you declare that Barack Obama should be given credit for the stock market surging and unemployment dropping when you can't come up with a single policy that he pushed that promoted either thing happening!

So you can't come up with an Obama policy that grew the economy or decreased unemployment? Noted...
I wouldn't give him stellar marks for his performance as he ran up a pretty large debt but he did bring stability to a country that was in free fall. Specifically, 2008 stimulus spending and bailouts, regulating the banks that got us in the mess, and the additional tax cuts that gave another stimulus boost in 2010. These were the key components to the positive direction he took the economy and employment situation. We've also seen a double in the stock market over his term. Again I'll say, his term want without some mis steps, but it's not nearly as bad as most of his opponents make it out to be.

What's amusing is that you preach caution about jumping to cause and effect conclusions...yet do EXACTLY that when you declare that Barack Obama should be given credit for the stock market surging and unemployment dropping when you can't come up with a single policy that he pushed that promoted either thing happening!
Me promoting hypocrisy? Exactly right. That's the way the game is played. It's no different than you thinking he was a lousy president. It all boils down to ones frame of mind. I actually think that Obama was a disappointment, but the country is in better shape at the end of his administration by a long shot so I'm not going to complain like you are.

I wouldn't give him stellar marks for his performance as he ran up a pretty large debt but he did bring stability to a country that was in free fall. Specifically, 2008 stimulus spending and bailouts, regulating the banks that got us in the mess, and the additional tax cuts that gave another stimulus boost in 2010. These were the key components to the positive direction he took the economy and employment situation. We've also seen a double in the stock market over his term. Again I'll say, his term want without some mis steps, but it's not nearly as bad as most of his opponents make it out to be.

A "pretty large debt"? Ah, he added more debt than almost all of the Presidents before him combined, Slade. That's not a pretty large debt...that's an amazingly high debt and it would have been even higher if the Democrats hadn't lost control of the House in 2010. What in the 2008 Stimulus did you think led to job creation? If you'll remember, the Obama Administration had to come up with a new economic statistic "jobs created or saved" because the number of jobs they created was so embarrassingly small. The Stimulus protected public sector employees temporarily from being laid off while it essentially ignored those in the private sector. As soon as that stimulus money ran out however States and local governments were forced to lay off large numbers of people because the economy wasn't responding and there wasn't money coming in through revenues from the private sector to pay for public sector salaries. The TARP program started by George W. Bush was the main driver of the recovery...and to be blunt...it was handled much better by the Bush folks than by the Obama folks. We the taxpayers got paid back by the financial institutions that borrowed TARP money under the Bush Administration...but we got left holding the bag on many of the loans made by the Obama Administration. We're still out a ton of money on the GM bailout.

Me promoting hypocrisy? Exactly right. That's the way the game is played. It's no different than you thinking he was a lousy president. It all boils down to ones frame of mind. I actually think that Obama was a disappointment, but the country is in better shape at the end of his administration by a long shot so I'm not going to complain like you are.

How much better? He oversaw the worst recovery from a recession since The Great Depression, Wuwei! Saying the country is "better" after 8 years of massive government spending that's nearly doubled the national debt isn't saying much! Barack Obama will leave office with the worst economic growth numbers of any President in decades.

How much better? He oversaw the worst recovery from a recession since The Great Depression, Wuwei! Saying the country is "better" after 8 years of massive government spending that's nearly doubled the national debt isn't saying much! Barack Obama will leave office with the worst economic growth numbers of any President in decades.
The worst recovery? That sounds like an oxymoron. The stock market doubled, and unemployment halved. Yes we are deeper in debt. All administrations since Clinton increased debt. You guys claim Obama was a do-nothing president. McConnell had announced a plan to buck Obama in everything. Congress was known to be a do nothing congress. Why are you griping

The worst recovery? That sounds like an oxymoron. The stock market doubled, and unemployment halved. Yes we are deeper in debt. All administrations since Clinton increased debt. You guys claim Obama was a do-nothing president. McConnell had announced a plan to buck Obama in everything. Congress was known to be a do nothing congress. Why are you griping

I'm so tired of hearing you people whine about the GOP "obstructing" Barack Obama's plans to fix the economy, Wuwei! The truth is, McConnell didn't announce his plan to buck Obama until a year into the Obama first term...a period of time when Obama essentially told the GOP to go sit in the hall and diddle themselves while Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi passed whatever legislation they felt like passing. Or have you forgotten his "Elections have consequences...I won!" speech less than a month into his first term? Obama COULD have passed comprehensive immigration reform that first year...he COULD have passed policies to grow the economy and create jobs! Instead he chose to go after single payer healthcare. The GOP didn't force him into doing that...that was his choice!

God, you people are so clueless! Debt increased under Bill Clinton as well, Wuwei! How do you on the left not grasp that?

God, you people are so clueless! Debt increased under Bill Clinton as well, Wuwei! How do you on the left not grasp that?
Debt has increased under every president. That's what happens with an expanding economy. The ND isn't a credit card bill, it's a completely different system

Forum List

Back