Oakland to enroll 600 families of color in 'guaranteed income' trial

impuretrash

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2017

Low-income families that are white are excluded from the program.

Finally, some of that systemic racism we've been hearing so much about!

Does that mean they get free Raiders tickets for racial equality?

Maybe, but they'll need to get to Vegas on their own.

Maybe, but they'll need to get to Vegas on their own.
I am sure a bus will be provided for them...

D869_100_097_1200.jpg

Because of this-- They must be low-income Oakland households who are members of a racial minority with at least one child. It is unconstitutional on its face. I would like to know who is donating the money. I figure it is a democrat scheme to back door taxpayer $$$ to minorities. Welcome to China.

Raiders are in Vegas.

If true, then...

$500 per month X 12 months = $6,000 annually per family

$6,000 annually per family X 600 families = $3,600,000 annual total program cost

Sounds like Oakland's doing very well for itself if they can afford this kind of bull$hit...

So well that the Feds can cancel $3.6 million in Federal block grant money that they obviously don't need... :cool:

Hey look, you hood rats! Free money!!!!

Mousetrap.jpg

From the article you linked to:

"But Schaaf pointed to a recent trial in nearby Stockton, California, where 125 disadvantaged families received $500 per month for two years, and which saw full-time employment rise among participants."

I saw an interview with the Mayor of Stockton on the success of that project. Giving these people $500 a month changed their lives - for the better. It helped provide both housing and food security for the families. Joe Biden's $300 per month, per child, will do the same thing for all low income families across the USA.

"But Schaaf pointed to a recent trial in nearby Stockton, California, where 125 disadvantaged families received $500 per month for two years, and which saw full-time employment rise among participants."

I saw an interview with the Mayor of Stockton on the success of that project. Giving these people $500 a month changed their lives - for the better. It helped provide both housing and food security for the families. Joe Biden's $300 per month, per child, will do the same thing for all low income families across the USA.

Not really the point. Why do only so-called people of color get the money? Is that what democrats mean by equality?

I wonder how much of the "private donations" that are funding this came indirectly from the 90% of the $1.9T stimulus that did not go to covid.

Not really the point. Why do only so-called people of color get the money? Is that what democrats mean by equality?
Seems like an income qualification would be more fair than racially based. SMFH. Democrats are a collective piece of work.

Looks like I'll have to quit my job, move to Oakland, rub some shoe polish on me, sit back and collect free money for doing nothing.
I thought welfare was a guaranteed income.

Forum List

Back