Oakland A’s moving to Vegas

Grew up with the Swingin' A's and the three-peat champion teams from '72-'74, then after the gutting of the team by then-owner Charlie Finley as free agency started taking hold, Rickey Henderson made his impact and we went into the Billy Ball (Billy Martin) era, then the Tony LaRussa era (they should have had a championship three-peat, but oh well, that's sports). Lots of highs and lows with a team that gets no respect. Haven't been to a game there in ages.

Grew up with the Swingin' A's and the three-peat champion teams from '72-'74, then after the gutting of the team by then-owner Charlie Finley as free agency started taking hold, Rickey Henderson made his impact and we went into the Billy Ball (Billy Martin) era, then the Tony LaRussa era (they should have had a championship three-peat, but oh well, that's sports). Lots of highs and lows with a team that gets no respect. Haven't been to a game there in ages.
apparently so have many people who live there....their attendance sucks....

Oakland Coluseum has been a dump for decades
The reason the beloved Raiders left too

If a city can’t afford to upgrade their stadium, the team has no other options
How about the freaking owner updates where their product plays, and tax payers not foot the bill?

why not?....the raiders averaged 50,000 last season the Aviators triple A team averaged 6800 in a 10,000 capacity stadium,they avg 18,000 in hockey something many thought would never fly there either....
Those are good numbers I wonder if there are mostly local people or a lot of visitors from out of town. In Orlando, a lot of the attendees to Magic games are from out of town. The As are a good club I hope it works for them.

Those are good numbers I wonder if there are mostly local people or a lot of visitors from out of town. In Orlando, a lot of the attendees to Magic games are from out of town. The As are a good club I hope it works for them.
the triple A baseball team here the Aviators avg 6800 for their games,i think that is like 2000 less than the A's....

Forum List

Back