Madison Bumgarner is one of many disastrous trades the Dbacks have made over the years.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
They signed MadBum for $85 million a few years ago and he hasn't even been average. He's been DFA'ed and may be out of baseball. They have a knack for way overpaying for big names or trading away guys who become all-stars and Cy Young winners.

They signed MadBum for $85 million a few years ago and he hasn't even been average. He's been DFA'ed and may be out of baseball. They have a knack for way overpaying for big names or trading away guys who become all-stars and Cy Young winners.
Most Cy Young types flame out, it’s rare for a guy to keep it up into their 30’s (pitching-wise)

But since you brought him up, let me just say that I have NEVER seen a more sensitive, whiney pitcher when he yells at guys for looking at a home run for more than 0.2 seconds, not running the bases the right way, looking around too much. It’s simply ridiculous.. he’s like a 14 year old spoiled brat

I read they ate something like $35 million on his contract. Why teams sign aging superstars to massive contracts when their best years are behind them is really hard to understand.

Pitchers don't seem to have the longevity that they used to. Not sure exactly why that is, but seems like analytics has made it hard for starters to dominate for long.

Wow Thst is disasterous indeed,they got a steal with the giants being stupid enough to let him go,neither of these two teams ever deserve to go back to the World Series again until they get new ownership the fact no sane owner would ever let a dominant hall of famer like him get away from them.every fan in arizona and San Fran should be calling fir the head of the owner of the giants and Dbacks.it was shocking when I learned long after it happed,the giants let him go,this is even more shocking,how any baseball owner could let a dominant hall of famer like like him get away,they have no business being a baseball owner.

Pitchers don't seem to have the longevity that they used to. Not sure exactly why that is, but seems like analytics has made it hard for starters to dominate for long.
Still a dominate hall of famer like Madison,any baseball owner that lets him go has no business being a baseball owner,look how far the giants have fallen sense they lost him.

Still a dominate hall of famer like Madison,any baseball owner that lets him go has no business being a baseball owner,look how far the giants have fallen sense they lost him.

They had one of their best regular season records in 2021, so I wouldn't say they're a total disaster. I think losing Buster Posey was a bigger loss.

They had one of their best regular season records in 2021, so I wouldn't say they're a total disaster. I think losing Buster Posey was a bigger loss.
Yeah but they missed the playoffs which would never have happened had they kept him.and once they got to the playoffs it would be game over,he is unhiitable come playoff time,would have had another series title.

Forum List

Back