Oakland A’s moving to Vegas

Philadelphia Athletics moved to KC in the 50s
Kansas City Athletics moved to Oakland in the late 60s
Now the Oakland Athletics are moving to Vegas

Those are good numbers I wonder if there are mostly local people or a lot of visitors from out of town.

Tourists won't be as helpful with filling a big stadium eighty times a year. This is going to be a real test for Vegas.

Tourists won't be as helpful with filling a big stadium eighty times a year. This is going to be a real test for Vegas.
Just like another show in Vegas
Entertainment

Boxing has always been big, so is NFL Football

Why not Baseball?

I don't see them gaining a loyal fan base in LV . Oakland should have invested in them more .

Anybody that thinks they will have a loyal fan base has not been paying attention to the Raider games on prime time,despite the networks attempts to try and hide it,the raiders now have sixteen road games a year instead of 8 ,they are having the same problems the chargers are in La both are having the majority of fans for the opposing teams show up for the games each week.

If you watched this seasons prime time game with the chiefs and raiders you would have seen there were very few raider fans at thst game,thst it was mostly a sea of red,how do Vegas raiders fan not pack them in for a team thst was in back to back superbowls,whst an embarrassment to the nfl mark davis is.if raiders fans won’t show up for games each Sunday why would A,s fans. :laughing0301:

Their hockey team has the same problem as well.worst mistake ever was for sports teams to try and test the waters of Vegas,it’s the worst city to try and establish a loyal fan base the fact you have so many tourists going there all the time which is who the brokers sell all their tickets to coupled with the fact you have a bunch of transients from cold weather states that have relocated there who still rooot for their teams like the bears,Vikings,packers,broncos jets and lions and always will,they are not going to abondon those teams for the raiders and neither will they fir the A ,s.

Last edited:
Raiders used to have the patch on their eye for a reason....
The A's used to be tough too....

I've been to the stadium several times as a child usually to watch the A's. (Back when the A's actually won games).

But the Stadium is definitely worn out these days...definitely needing a massive upgrade.

You can ride BART right to a walkway. Drink at games....BART back to car. Stadium was OK onto the 90s' for the Larussa steroid era.....right. he saw nothing.

If you survive the bad neighborhood and get in-out in one piece.

Razing that heinous goiter that was built to appease Al Davis would be a great start.
:thankusmile: His retarded son mark is an embarrassment to the NFL,he can’t even get raider fans to show up for a chiefs game on prime time.this last prime time game between them was a sea of red in the majority of the stadium.:rofl:that NEVER happened in Oakland.

if you can’t get Vegas football fans to show up for a team thst was in back to back superbowls,then you are an embarrassment to football.:laughing0301: he has vocally voiced his anger of the lack of hometown fans showing up,that each week feels like a road game.:laughing0301:

That owner of the A ,s will be as much a retard as mark is if he indeed is that stupid enough as well to also move them there.

Finley was wronged. He tried to sell the team, they blocked it. Then he started selling players, they blocked it. After he engineered three titles in a row.

You call that free enterprise?

Finley was wronged. He tried to sell the team, they blocked it. Then he started selling players, they blocked it. After he engineered three titles in a row.

You call that free enterprise?
You mentioned that he sold the players which is true but then you said they blocked it,whst do you mean by thst?

You mentioned that he sold the players which is true but then you said they blocked it,whst do you mean by thst?

I think he was against Free agency?
He had 3-4 big deals lined up. The league disallowed those player sales.

Then he sold the entire team. I guess that went through? My mistake not being clear.

To best of my memory w/o looking it up. Catfish Hunter to Yankees? Denied. Etc.

:thankusmile: His retarded son mark is an embarrassment to the NFL,he can’t even get raider fans to show up for a chiefs game on prime time.this last prime time game between them was a sea of red in the majority of the stadium.:rofl:that NEVER happened in Oakland.

if you can’t get Vegas football fans to show up for a team thst was in back to back superbowls,then you are an embarrassment to football.:laughing0301: he has vocally voiced his anger of the lack of hometown fans showing up,that each week feels like a road game.:laughing0301:

That owner of the A ,s will be as much a retard as mark is if he indeed is that stupid enough as well to also move them there.
Oddball and leftwinger Davis is a fucking retard because it’s not just me,practically every football fan said the same thing I was saying that davis would not have a home filed advantage in Vegas if he moved them there,he is so fucking retarded because spanos of the chargers who moved the chargers first before he did,is also bombing in LA with fan support also having sixteen road games all year long.surely davis had to be aware of that,if he was aware of it then why did he go ahead and move the team anyways to an unproven sports market when he also had to be aware of the hockey team not having home team support. :cuckoo: I call spanos and davis dumb and dumber.

I would guess that is because he did not care but that’s obviously not the case the fact he has cried about not having home town support so he obviously expected it,he is just a plain regard that’s all,he just happened to get lucky and be the son of an owner who was rich otherwise he would be a major loser in life had he not been born into a rich family.

Raiders are doing fine in LV. We will see about the A's, but I hope so.
Dude what deserted island you been living on,I just shot down that fairy tale of yours.:abgg2q.jpg::laughing0301::rofl:if you are talking about having full stadiums you are correct they are doing fine but if you are talking home town support,you could not be more wrong.:rofl:while the stadiums are always filled,the majority of the crowds are ALWAYS the fans of the opposing teams,so is the hockey team,get off thst deserted island.:abgg2q.jpg::laughing0301::rofl:

Oddball and leftwinger Davis is a fucking retard because it’s not just me,practically every football fan said the same thing I was saying that davis would not have a home filed advantage in Vegas if he moved them there,he is so fucking retarded because spanos of the chargers who moved the chargers first before he did,is also bombing in LA with fan support also having sixteen road games all year long.surely davis had to be aware of that,if he was aware of it then why did he go ahead and move the team anyways to an unproven sports market when he also had to be aware of the hockey team not having home team support. :cuckoo: I call spanos and davis dumb and dumber.

I would guess that is because he did not care but that’s obviously not the case the fact he has cried about not having home town support so he obviously expected it,he is just a plain regard that’s all,he just happened to get lucky and be the son of an owner who was rich otherwise he would be a major loser in life had he not been born into a rich family.
The hockey team is averaging 18K a game....That's pretty damn strong.

Forum List

Back