The Wembanyama Factor

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

To the surprise of exactly no one, Big Vic has submitted paperwork to participate in May's NBA draft.

Not sure why I'm surprised, but he seems to be well-grounded and intelligent. The most anticipated player since LeBron.

One can only hope that he finds a good home and does well. People with his frame are not generally very durable when they get to actual NBA competition. I wonder if the ref's will conspire to protect him from undue brutality.

And as I've said in this space before, who gives a shit if he can handle the ball like a guard? It's amazing but not relevant to his value. There are guards who handle the ball like guards, and that's satisfactory.

I’ve never seen anyone with any equivalent skill set at close to his size. He’s the most hyped player coming out of the draft ever. The LeBron hype train didn’t have social media and 24 hour news cycle.

If I were a GM that landed the number one pick, I would trade him.

I’ve never seen anyone with any equivalent skill set at close to his size. He’s the most hyped player coming out of the draft ever. The LeBron hype train didn’t have social media and 24 hour news cycle.

If I were a GM that landed the number one pick, I would trade him.
Why?

To the surprise of exactly no one, Big Vic has submitted paperwork to participate in May's NBA draft.

Not sure why I'm surprised, but he seems to be well-grounded and intelligent. The most anticipated player since LeBron.

One can only hope that he finds a good home and does well. People with his frame are not generally very durable when they get to actual NBA competition. I wonder if the ref's will conspire to protect him from undue brutality.

And as I've said in this space before, who gives a shit if he can handle the ball like a guard? It's amazing but not relevant to his value. There are guards who handle the ball like guards, and that's satisfactory.
Damn Spurs. Piston's weren't even in the top 4. Fuck!

the Spurs got the 1st pick. i don't get why this kid is so special. i'd like to proven wrong!

the Spurs got the 1st pick. i don't get why this kid is so special. i'd like to proven wrong!

That will only happen next season. Look at how good Durant is. He's predicted to be that good. And great at blocking shots.

If he has a good shot, who can stop him from scoring? He's 7'3. Like Durant, he will shoot over everyone, from everywhere. I would make him my power forward not center.

Forum List

Back