NYC Mayor Jeered and Police Academy Grads Refuse to Stand at Attention

If I had a black son I would have said the exact same things to him. I trained my own daughter in "street smarts" because that is what any concerned parent does.

You do it for the safety of your own child.

You do it because you love your child and want them to be safe.

You don't do it because you are trying to "piss on the NYPD".
I DO have a black son, three of them as a matter of fact. And I never even thought to tell them anything of the sort.

God, I sure hope DeBlasio doesn't ever mention that sometimes cops rape and he's cautioned his daughter to give male cops a wide berth.

If I had a black son I would have said the exact same things to him. I trained my own daughter in "street smarts" because that is what any concerned parent does.

When you tell your child directly this stuff, yes, you are trying to protect them. When you, as the Mayor of New York City, public state this in an attempt to relate to the protesters, you have to assue there is going to be some blowback.

And just because you don't EXPECT to piss someone off, doesn't mean you are absolved of the RESPONSIBILITY for pissing someone off.

I DO have a black son, three of them as a matter of fact. And I never even thought to tell them anything of the sort.

You live in Belize, not NYC!

I lived outside Los Angeles for 25 years.

When you tell your child directly this stuff, yes, you are trying to protect them. When you, as the Mayor of New York City, public state this in an attempt to relate to the protesters, you have to assue there is going to be some blowback.

And just because you don't EXPECT to piss someone off, doesn't mean you are absolved of the RESPONSIBILITY for pissing someone off.

Yes, politicians run the risk of pissing people off.

However there is no connection whatsoever between what he said and the deaths of the two NYPD officers which is what is being egregiously alleged.

But not in south central?

So a bunch of dishonorable future cops did their best to bring shame to the badge?
You have no idea what honor is. Your comments on this board have proven this out.

What next? Will they spit on Governor?
What about the officers right at protest. See you are a typical liberal. It's o.k. for people chant about wanting more dead cops, but when law enforcement has a simple powerful message of protest done in a coherent manner...you hate it.

You mean a shameful display by undisciplined brats, disrespecting the uniform they're wearing.

On the contrary/ DeBlasio showed a complete lack of tact and IMO contributed to the atmosphere that led to the murders. He showed no respect, so he deserves none.

On the contrary/ DeBlasio showed a complete lack of tact and IMO contributed to the atmosphere that led to the murders. He showed no respect, so he deserves none.

Really?

Care to explain how he "showed no respect" and how he "contributed to the atmosphere that led to the murders"?

lol. I spent a LOT of time there. And in lily-white Orange County. And in the Miami ghettos, Overtown and Liberty City.

You don't tell your children the cops might harm you because of your race. You tell them to respect the police and do what they tell you.

Yes, politicians run the risk of pissing people off.

However there is no connection whatsoever between what he said and the deaths of the two NYPD officers which is what is being egregiously alleged.

There doesn't have to be. DeBlasio basically accused the entire NYPD of being a threat to his son, and THEN two cops get assassinated. DeBlasio is a politician, and of all people should know about perceptions. As the Mayor, you CANNOT afford to brush the agency responsible for keeping order with that type of wide brush. He was looking to score points with the black community and ended up getting more than he bargained for.

So a bunch of dishonorable future cops did their best to bring shame to the badge?
You have no idea what honor is. Your comments on this board have proven this out.

What next? Will they spit on Governor?
What about the officers right at protest. See you are a typical liberal. It's o.k. for people chant about wanting more dead cops, but when law enforcement has a simple powerful message of protest done in a coherent manner...you hate it.

You mean a shameful display by undisciplined brats, disrespecting the uniform they're wearing.

Acting like a clown and disrespecting the institution graduating you is no honorable way to protest.

DeBlasio basically accused the entire NYPD of being a threat to his son, and THEN two cops get assassinated.

He did nothing of the sort and there was no connection whatsoever.

You might as well accuse Cliven Bundy of being responsible for the two cops that were murdered while they having coffee and donuts.

lol. I spent a LOT of time there. And in lily-white Orange County. And in the Miami ghettos, Overtown and Liberty City.

You don't tell your children the cops might harm you because of your race. You tell them to respect the police and do what they tell you.
Sweet! The Miami cops aren't racist in the least. bwahahahahahahaha!

Acting like a clown and disrespecting the institution graduating you is no homorable way to protest.
De Blasio is no institution. He is a recently elected mayor who cannot command the respect of the institutions under his command. Stop being such an idiot!

They disrespected their academy moron. They're no more than a new batch of cops without any respect for their position and embarrassingly weak discipline. Their academy should be ashamed for doing such a piss poor job.

Forum List

Back