NYC Mayor Jeered and Police Academy Grads Refuse to Stand at Attention

So a bunch of dishonorable future cops did their best to bring shame to the badge?

Why do you assume they are dishonorable?

They shamed their station in a juvenile display. They deserve a swift reprimand.

That is one view. Another is that the mayor dishonored himself with his own actions and words. Do you feel no one working under any mayor should express disagreement with said mayors? I don't feel they deserve reprimand, either. If you feel they do, in what form should such action take?

Delayed graduation at the least. They clearly don't have the discipline to be trusted with doing their jobs.

So a bunch of dishonorable future cops did their best to bring shame to the badge?
You have no idea what honor is. Your comments on this board have proven this out.

What next? Will they spit on Governor?
What about the officers right at protest. See you are a typical liberal. It's o.k. for people chant about wanting more dead cops, but when law enforcement has a simple powerful message of protest done in a coherent manner...you hate it.

You mean a shameful display by undisciplined brats, disrespecting the uniform they're wearing.

You also feel they are brats? Perhaps, in my opinion, you should try to understand their point of view on the issue. Their lives and opinions ought to matter, too.

You have no idea what honor is. Your comments on this board have proven this out.

What about the officers right at protest. See you are a typical liberal. It's o.k. for people chant about wanting more dead cops, but when law enforcement has a simple powerful message of protest done in a coherent manner...you hate it.

You mean a shameful display by undisciplined brats, disrespecting the uniform they're wearing.

You also feel they are brats? Perhaps, in my opinion, you should try to understand their point of view on the issue. Their lives and opinions ought to matter, too.

its funny to see the contempt progs have for the police they need to enforce their idiotic laws.

They shamed their station in a juvenile display. They deserve a swift reprimand.

That is one view. Another is that the mayor dishonored himself with his own actions and words. Do you feel no one working under any mayor should express disagreement with said mayors? I don't feel they deserve reprimand, either. If you feel they do, in what form should such action take?

Delayed graduation at the least. They clearly don't have the discipline to be trusted with doing their jobs.
They have shown a great deal of discipline in light of the fact they go off to protect and serve under a mayor that disrespects them.

If they've worked hard to earn their graduation, why should it be delayed because they disagree with the actions and words of a dishonorable mayor?

Obviously they have both discipline and potential. You disagreement with their opinions notwithstanding, they don't deserve punishment in the slightest. Why would they? If they did something actually worthy of reprimand, like spitting on him or otherwise breaking the law, then I see more reason within your words here. As it is right now—with all due respect—I don't think we'll be reaching an agreement on this issue.

The cops could have burned and looted the mayor's house while giving him a beatdown, I suppose. Then blamed it on a few unruly malcontents, and not at all representative of what their real message is.
Very funny. Yes, they could have acted like the criminal element they protect the law abiding public from, but these men and women are cut from a different mold.

He can kiss any dreams he might have had in national politics goodbye.

not so fast.

We have a Kenyan Neo-Marxist as President and a war Criminal as Sec State. DeBlasio could make a great running mate for Lizzy "Cheekbones" Warren

C'mon people......
5055032357_69d1d1be72_z.jpg

Police grads have the same rights to protest as any other graduating class. They are not on the job, they are finishing their status as students and entering into employment. Once they are on the job the rules change. They will follow protocol and regulations about permissible forms of protest while on the job or in uniform as explained to them by senior co-employees and union representatives. They chose to stand with the co-workers they will be joining and they had the right to do that.

Of course they have a right to their opinion. A public display of insubordination against the Mayor of a city that is graduating them into the Police force is not the place to do it. It shows a lack of discipline and of respect for their uniform, their city, and the people they will serve who elected that Mayor.

De Blasio booed at police graduation - CNN.com Video
NYC Mayor and poster child for Democratic Party, Bill DeBlasio at NYC Police Academy graduation ceremony. He was booed and graduating cadets refused to stand for this man, whose rhetoric helped lead to the death of two good men who served NYC.
Really? I would have fixed that easily. Congrats graduates, you're all fired.

the mayor dishonored himself with his own actions and words

Exactly what words and actions are you specifically referring to?

It's a matter of opinion, and we're likely not going to agree on it.

I'm referring to the mayor's words that came before the shootings of the two police officers in New York.

NYC Mayor and poster child for Democratic Party, Bill DeBlasio at NYC Police Academy graduation ceremony. He was booed and graduating cadets refused to stand for this man, whose rhetoric helped lead to the death of two good men who served NYC.

We all know you love the idea of living under or being a dictator.

Do you ever not make yourself look retarded?

Think that would have resolved the problem?
In that case, yep. You don't want to work for me, that's fine by me you little shits. Go sweep the streets, but they work for me as well so you're fucked. Have fun watching the doors at Macy's.

Forum List

Back