The NYPD Are Making Themselves Look Really Small With Their Anti-DeBlasio Antics

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
How are they helping the situation by vehemently, publicly and visibly defying their boss, the mayor of New York City?

They must think that the mayor should pander to their every whim, wish and demand. He doesn't work for the police department, he works the city at large.

Not to mention not setting a good example. They are only making things worse.

Have they defied any direct orders?

No.

They have every right to protest and a silent turning of the back is certainly more acceptable than shutting down bridges and highways.
That has nothing to do with my OP.

1.They are making themselves look really small, I guess that's who they are right now
2. How are they helping?

I agree, the ones turning their backs are being childish and cocky son of a B's....

and so is their Union Head with his mouthing off...

They are stirring up trouble imho, instead of being what they are paid to be while in uniform, Peace Officers...

I expect it from every day numbskull protesters, but not from the supposed Peace Officers being paid by citizens.... and while in Uniform....

If they want to protest then take the Uniform off and go to the streets and protest, like the rest of us citizens have to do...and get a permit for it too! and make sure they don't block traffic or the Brooklyn Bridge :D

Oh how they hate the protest when it's AGAINST a Democrat Comrade

I think they should go out on a sick out then, they are going to get slammed for showing their disapproval of their nasty boss and his nasty remarks about THEM in a real PEACEFUL meaningful PROTEST

How are they helping the situation by vehemently, publicly and visibly defying their boss, the mayor of New York City?

They must think that the mayor should pander to their every whim, wish and demand. He doesn't work for the police department, he works the city at large.

I guess cops don't have first amendment rights......:(

I think they should go out on a sick out then, they are going to get slammed for showing their disapproval of their nasty boss and his nasty remarks about THEM in a real PEACEFUL meaningful PROTEST
get their butts out of uniform and Protest like the rest of the citizens do, on the sidewalks or streets.

I agree, the ones turning their backs are being childish and cocky son of a B's....

They are stirring up trouble imho, instead of being what they are paid to be while in uniform, Peace Officers...

I expect it from every day numbskull protesters, but not from the supposed Peace Officers being paid by us.... and while in Uniform....

If they want to protest then take the Uniform off and go to the streets and protest, like the rest of us citizens have to do...and get a permit for it too! and make sure they don't block traffic or the Brooklyn Bridge :D

Blame NYC politics and gun control laws for this. Progs give the police more and more power and then they are shocked when they get a bit of pushback.

Police can routinely ignore parking regs.
Police can get out of petty crap, and get their family out of it.
Police are the only one who have an easy time getting firearms in NYC for home defense.
Police unions have been treated with kid gloves for decades.

Progs went and created a new class of Knights, and now all of sudden they are surprised when the Knights flex?

get their butts out of uniform and Protest like the rest of the citizens do, on the sidewalks or streets.

They don't have to. so sorry that bothers you all
They aren't "obligated" to DeBlasio. They work FOR US

No.

They have every right to protest and a silent turning of the back is certainly more acceptable than shutting down bridges and highways.

1.They are making themselves look really small, I guess that's who they are right now
2. How are they helping?

How are they helping? Well for one thing...the murders of those two Police officers in New York City and the push back by police unions against the politically contrived narrative that "racist cops" are the big problem that blacks face in this country have made political opportunists like De Blasio, Holder, Sharpton and Obama tamp down their rhetoric.

They don't have to. so sorry that bothers you all
They aren't "obligated" to DeBlasio. They work FOR US
Really? They don't have to protest in the Streets like the rest of us when we have grievances?

I expect it from every day numbskull protesters, but not from the supposed Peace Officers being paid by citizens.... and while in Uniform....

How much more peaceful of a protest can you get than to simply turn your back on the person you feel has wronged you?

No.

2. How are they helping?

How are they helping? Well for one thing...the murders of those two Police officers in New York City and the push back by police unions against the politically contrived narrative that "racist cops" are the big problem that blacks face in this country have made political opportunists like De Blasio, Holder, Sharpton and Obama tamp down their rhetoric.

Yep, and as far as I'm concerned those people have the blood of those officers on their hands

How much more peaceful of a protest can you get than to simply turn your back on the person you feel has wronged you?
In any other job, turning their backs when the CEO of their corporation walked in the room or public assembly, that would be insubordination and their ass would be grass and they would have lost their jobs...

true story!

or better yet, call a strike if it is so damn bad....

Actions speak louder than words so this "issue" is only big enough for them to do a 180 turn when the Mayor is around.

A real protest or strike? Dont count on it

In any other job, turning their backs when the CEO of their corporation walked in the room or public assembly, that would be insubordination and their ass would be grass and they would have lost their jobs...

true story!

Or maybe the company would get a clue and fire the CEO. naaa, they'd rather fire 1000s of employees. :doubt:

Not wanting their boss to get them killed by indulging in irresponsible political theater at the expense of their lives is "small"? If their "whim" is to not have a mayor that puts them in even more danger and makes their job even harder, then that is a whim worth catering to, you idiot. "Making things worse" indeed.

Forum List

Back