NYC Mayor Jeered and Police Academy Grads Refuse to Stand at Attention

DeBlasio basically accused the entire NYPD of being a threat to his son, and THEN two cops get assassinated.

He did nothing of the sort and there was no connection whatsoever.

You might as well accuse Cliven Bundy of being responsible for the two cops that were murdered while they having coffee and donuts.

I'm not blaming the SHOOTING on the Mayor, or connecting his speech to the shooting at all. They both contribute to the current NYPD reaction to the Mayor in general.

I DO have a black son, three of them as a matter of fact. And I never even thought to tell them anything of the sort.

You live in Belize, not NYC!
I lived outside Los Angeles for 25 years.

But not in south central?
lol. I spent a LOT of time there. And in lily-white Orange County. And in the Miami ghettos, Overtown and Liberty City.

You don't tell your children the cops might harm you because of your race. You tell them to respect the police and do what they tell you.
Sweet! The Miami cops aren't racist in the least. bwahahahahahahaha!
Well, I can't speak for an entire group like you can. All I can say is that I've never been the victim of white police or civilian racism, and I've traveled all over the US.

Neither has anyone in my family that I know of.

You?

Acting like a clown and disrespecting the institution graduating you is no homorable way to protest.
De Blasio is no institution. He is a recently elected mayor who cannot command the respect of the institutions under his command. Stop being such an idiot!

They disrespected their academy moron. They're no more than a new batch of cops without any respect for their position and embarrassingly weak discipline. Their academy should be ashamed for doing such a piss poor job.
It was DeBlasio who disrespected the institution. Why the fuck do you think the NYPD (an actual institution) has reacted to a slur and the death of two of it's own? DeBlasio an institution? FFS, what the hell is wrong with you?!

In my opinion, the timing of Mayor Bill DeBlasio's sentiments couldn't have been worse. In particular, I don't think he should have mentioned how he "had to train his son" how to "take special care in any encounter he has with the police officers who are there to protect him." As I see it that's a back-handed slight towards the police officers who try to uphold the peace every day, as if they're out there to kill young black men. When you speak about officers in general as if they are people to watch out for. I agree with Mr. Lynch in that it does come off as throwing police officers under the bus. Do note that DeBlasio failed to qualify his sentiments in that bit of his. What he should have done is speak of some police officers, and not negatively about them in general terms.

Maybe he should have spoken with his son about how some other young black men kill other young black men far more often than some truly corrupt police officers kill some young black men. He is a politician, and is apt to speak during times that suit him. Instead of that way of speaking our police force, he should of simply said that he taught his son to respect people in general. How many people who truly respect others in general get in trouble with the police—sans truly corrupt cop cases—to the extent of getting shot?

He knew exactly what he was doing when he spoke so carefully on the matter. That he uses his biracial son as a weight on this political issue I find rather distasteful. Others may find it inspiring to bring in and utilize their family members in sensitive political discussions. I do think many of our young people wouldn't have much to fear if they were raised properly, in that they should respect people and others, and not try to break the law, or physically attack people, or point things that look exactly like deadly weapons at others for fun. I respect people. I don't put my hands on others or break the law, because my parents disciplined me and got it through my head that I need to treat each and every one of you with respect.

What many young, decent and law-abiding black men should fear are other young black men who don't respect others and the value of life itself. That is what you should worry about. Is my loved one safe at night from them? While there is some just cause to worry about certain police officers, you have far more to worry about when it comes to some other young black men and, quite frankly, the statistics do speak for themselves.

So please forgive me when I feel sympathy for so many of our good police officers who feel as if they were thrown under the rug. In fact, no, don't forgive me. It is you I forgive for having such disdain for those who put their lives on the line to protect us while keeping the peace. I have no issue with our police officers turning their backs to this one toadish little mayor in a big city, and I certainly don't think they deserve to be punished, be castigated, or lose their jobs. Instead of acting like a political lackey in support of a rather disingenuous politician, I suggest people in general should start having more respect for our police force. That you can metaphorically spit on them with your words—whether in anonymity or not—doesn't mean you should.

Let's see just how much DeBlasio will back-track over the messages he has sent, whether some acknowledge it or not.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the timing of Mayor Bill DeBlasio's sentiments couldn't have been worse. In particular, I don't think he should have mentioned how he "had to train his son" how to "take special care in any encounter he has with the police officers who are there to protect him." As I see it that's a back-handed slight towards the police officers who try to uphold the peace every day, as if they're out there to kill young black men. When you speak about officers in general as if they are people to watch out for. I agree with Mr. Lynch in that it does come off as throwing police officers under the bus. Do not that DeBlasio failed to qualify his sentiments in that bit of his. What he should have done is speak of some police officers, and not negatively about them in general terms.

Maybe he should have spoken with his son about how some other young black men kill other young black men far more often than some truly corrupt police officers kill some young black men. He is a politician, and is apt to speak during times that suit him. Instead of that way of speaking our police force, he should of simply said that he taught his son to respect people in general. How many people who truly respect others in general get in trouble with the police—sans truly corrupt cop cases—to the extent of getting shot?

He knew exactly what he was doing when he spoke so carefully on the matter. That he uses his biracial son as a weight on this political issue I find rather distasteful. Others may find it inspiring to bring in and utilize their family members in sensitive political discussions. I do think many of our young people wouldn't have much to fear if they were raised properly, in that they should respect people and others, and not try to break the law, or physically attack people, or point things that look exactly like deadly weapons at others for fun. I respect people. I don't put my hands on others or break the law, because my parents disciplined me and got it through my head that I need to treat each and every one of you with respect.

What many young, decent and law-abiding black men should fear are other young black men who don't respect others and the value of life itself. That is what you should worry about. Is my loved one safe at night from them? While there is some just cause to worry about certain police officers, you have far more to worry about when it comes to some other young black men and, quite frankly, the statistics do speak for themselves.

So please forgive me when I feel sympathy for so many of our good police officers who feel as if they were thrown under the rug. In fact, no, don't forgive me. It is you I forgive for having such disdain for those who put their lives on the line to protect us while keeping the peace. I have no issue with our police officers turning their backs to this one toadish little mayor in a big city, and I certainly don't think they deserve to be punished, be castigated, or lose their jobs. Instead of acting like a political lackey in support of a rather disingenuous politician, I suggest people in general should start having more respect for our police force. That you can metaphorically spit on them with your words—whether in anonymity or not—doesn't mean you should.

Let's see just how much DeBlasio will back-track over the messages he has sent, whether some acknowledge it or not.
Yeah, pretty much this ^^

I predict he will apologize. Not sure if it will work.

Acting like a clown and disrespecting the institution graduating you is no homorable way to protest.
De Blasio is no institution. He is a recently elected mayor who cannot command the respect of the institutions under his command. Stop being such an idiot!

They disrespected their academy moron. They're no more than a new batch of cops without any respect for their position and embarrassingly weak discipline. Their academy should be ashamed for doing such a piss poor job.
It was DeBlasio who disrespected the institution. Why the fuck do you think the NYPD (an actual institution) has reacted to a slur and the death of two of it's own? DeBlasio an institution? FFS, what the hell is wrong with you?!

You're an idiot. I won't explain it to you again.

In my opinion, the timing of Mayor Bill DeBlasio's sentiments couldn't have been worse. In particular, I don't think he should have mentioned how he "had to train his son" how to "take special care in any encounter he has with the police officers who are there to protect him." As I see it that's a back-handed slight towards the police officers who try to uphold the peace every day, as if they're out there to kill young black men. When you speak about officers in general as if they are people to watch out for. I agree with Mr. Lynch in that it does come off as throwing police officers under the bus. Do note that DeBlasio failed to qualify his sentiments in that bit of his. What he should have done is speak of some police officers, and not negatively about them in general terms.

I gave my kids "special training" in how to deal with police officers, as well. It went like this: Be polite, be respectful, keep your mouth shut, and call me.

This dimwit is a politician. How does he not know that antagonizing and badmouthing his employees publicly - particularly THESE employees, who are among the most highly-regarded group of civil servants in existence - is a bad move? Anyone that incompetent at diplomacy should get out of politics and get a new job.

What about the officers right at protest. See you are a typical liberal. It's o.k. for people chant about wanting more dead cops, but when law enforcement has a simple powerful message of protest done in a coherent manner...you hate it.

I really like it when public sector union haters such as yourself, show support for a public sector union. Warms my heart I tell ya.

Will you stand up for the teachers union next?

You have no idea what honor is. Your comments on this board have proven this out.

What next? Will they spit on Governor?
What about the officers right at protest. See you are a typical liberal. It's o.k. for people chant about wanting more dead cops, but when law enforcement has a simple powerful message of protest done in a coherent manner...you hate it.

You mean a shameful display by undisciplined brats, disrespecting the uniform they're wearing.

On the contrary/ DeBlasio showed a complete lack of tact and IMO contributed to the atmosphere that led to the murders. He showed no respect, so he deserves none.

Acting like a clown and disrespecting the institution graduating you is no honorable way to protest.
Sorry. Disrespecting an individual is not tantamount to disrespecting an institution.The NYPD deserves respect, Deblasio doesn't. That is nonsense.

Whether you support the actions of these cops or not they have every right to voice their opposition to the mayor or any official for that matter.

I really like it when public sector union haters such as yourself, show support for a public sector union. Warms my heart I tell ya.

Will you stand up for the teachers union next?
If they start killing minorities for no reason he will.

What next? Will they spit on Governor?

You mean a shameful display by undisciplined brats, disrespecting the uniform they're wearing.
On the contrary/ DeBlasio showed a complete lack of tact and IMO contributed to the atmosphere that led to the murders. He showed no respect, so he deserves none.

Acting like a clown and disrespecting the institution graduating you is no honorable way to protest.
Sorry. Disrespecting an individual is not tantamount to disrespecting an institution.The NYPD deserves respect, Deblasio doesn't. That is nonsense.
Yes, I've always found it best to disrespect the man you work for, right before you actually start working for him. You want to make a good impression eh.

Yes, I've always found it best to disrespect the man you work for, right before you actually start working for him. You want to make a good impression eh.

NYPD graduates are smart. They realize that they work for The People. DeBlasio is a figurehead.....thought you would realize the difference.

So a bunch of dishonorable future cops did their best to bring shame to the badge?

LOL! Now scamp, there's never any potential for shame, in shaming a communist... it's why God put them here, to berate, humiliate and torture... (Yes, booing is one of the Left's defined 'elements of Torture', because it causes discomfort.)

Forum List

Back