Now THIS is just WRONG.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
No indictment for officer in NYC chokehold death - AOL.com

wtf??? This guy didn't rob a store, beat up a small clerk. He was minding his own business, just broke up a fight between two other people and he was MURDERED with a choke hold by a cop.

Yeah yeah. I said I was gonna take a small hiatus from here, but after seeing this on the news...I'm just PISSED.

With that said..no looting needs to take place, or rioting. What is needed is SANE JURORS. Geez. Where do they find these morons?

Probably because the chokehold didn't kill him. He died later in the hospital of a massive heart attack.

wtf??? This guy didn't rob a store, beat up a small clerk. He was minding his own business, just broke up a fight between two other people and he was MURDERED with a choke hold by a cop.

Yeah yeah. I said I was gonna take a small hiatus from here, but after seeing this on the news...I'm just PISSED.

With that said..no looting needs to take place, or rioting. What is needed is SANE JURORS. Geez. Where do they find these morons?

What I get for taking a 2 hour nap, whole world goes insane. Unlike Ferguson, this cop was guilty of excessive force and voluntary manslaughter.

Yes...this is completely different than Ferguson. At the same time however, it has nothing to do with race either. What it was is a small group of power obsessed cops WAAAYY overboard in a totally unecessary escalation of the situation.
There was no major crime here. Garner was no threat to anyone including the maniac cops who refused to let up despite SEVERAL audible pleas from Mr. Garner saying he couldn't breath.
Total dumbass situation. These idiots, through their overreaction, caused the death of a man over cigarettes.
The Grand Jury is wrong on this one.

My understanding he had warrant for his arrest.

What I get for taking a 2 hour nap, whole world goes insane. Unlike Ferguson, this cop was guilty of excessive force and voluntary manslaughter.
He died of a heart attack later in the hospital.

Brought on by the chokehold and dogpile restricting his breathing. Could see that in the video. Given the offense being investigated was minor, the proper course of action would have been to write him a ticket, not arrest him. That was bad policework. Situation got out of hand when the cop did the chokehold from behind. Yes, he was resisting arrest, yes he was a big guy vs little cops, but considering his crime was selling individual cigarettes not marked for individual sale, was it necessary to arrest him at all? Was it just he died because of the decision to arrest him?

Sometimes the answers are clear, sometimes they aren't. This time the answer is on video and thus the speculation required is nil. He was the victim of overzealous cops acting unprofessionally.

Many who get shot and die, died later in hospital from heart attacks. Doesn't change the cause of death from a gunshot to the heart attack.

Brought on by the chokehold and dogpile restricting his breathing. Could see that in the video. Given the offense being investigated was minor, the proper course of action would have been to write him a ticket, not arrest him. That was bad policework. Situation got out of hand when the cop did the chokehold from behind. Yes, he was resisting arrest, yes he was a big guy vs little cops, but considering his crime was selling individual cigarettes not marked for individual sale, was it necessary to arrest him at all? Was it just he died because of the decision to arrest him?

Sometimes the answers are clear, sometimes they aren't. This time the answer is on video and thus the speculation required is nil. He was the victim of overzealous cops acting unprofessionally.
You can't give someone a ticket when they have an arrest warrant.

More drama. How about looking into facts first? He resisted arrest, was taken down with a choke hold (due to his ample size) but wasn't choked to death. If he said he can't breathe, he could breathe. The jury got it right, there was no intention to kill the man, he was grossly out of shape and shouldn't have been playing stupid.

You can't give someone a ticket when they have an arrest warrant.

Oh, didn't know he had a warrant. Changes things somewhat. Excessive force and voluntary manslaughter remains though. Chokeholds have been banned for a while, so using a forbidden hold to subdue a subject is the excessive force. And that he died as a result of it is the voluntary manslaughter (since using a hold which deprives someone of needed air to breathe is potentially lethal, and in this instance was.)

All the warrant changes in the liability of the other officers in the dogpile. Having an arrest warrane justifies the dogpile and arrest. But not the chokehold.

Probably because the chokehold didn't kill him. He died later in the hospital of a massive heart attack.
Nothing I read said that.

Anyhow, he was not just some guy minding his own business. He was a huge guy resisting arrest. The debatable choke hold was seen as the cause of accidental death it appears.

Officer Daniel Pantaleo did not mean to kill Eric Garner. It was a tragedy that could have been avoided had Eric Garner not broken the law and , more importantly, not resisted arrest.

Awwww. How sweet!

Nothing I read said that.

Anyhow, he was not just some guy minding his own business. He was a huge guy resisting arrest. The debatable choke hold was seen as the cause of accidental death it appears.

What I heard is the choke hold used was a procedure banned by the NYPD, but not illegal. I guess the line in blurry, but if you watch the video Garner is not being placed in a choke hold for a very long time. One wouldn't expect someone would die from that. I think the attention was just to subdue Garner so they could arrest him. It's a tragedy.

More drama. How about looking into facts first? He resisted arrest, was taken down with a choke hold (due to his ample size) but wasn't choked to death. If he said he can't breathe, he could breathe. The jury got it right, there was no intention to kill the man, he was grossly out of shape and shouldn't have been playing stupid.

Facts and evidence are sooooo overrated haha.

If you can talk you can breathe.

He died bc he was obese and tried to resist arrest....which caused his body too much stress. The cops had a right to arrest him...had no intent to kill him. Thus no crime.

Terrible accident brought on bc an obese man stressed his body too much while resisting arrest.

The choke hold did not cause his death. Cop will be fired though bc it did violate policy. But not law.

Yes you can speak enough to say I CAN'T BREATHE!!! I've done it enough times when it happened to me when I was a kid with asthma. He DIED because he was strangled to death, Buc90. And he was not resisting arrest. He kept asking WHY, and they didn't answer. Would you like to be arrested and not be told why, then strangled, then gasp your last as they stood around?

Oy

You a doctor?

Forum List

Back