Northern nations warming faster than global average

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear a bullet at my head,

Why? That would cause you less damage than anywhere else.
You might not even notice.

again, why is the corona hotter than the surface.

Again, for the discussion of SSDD's moronic claims, it doesn't matter.

scientists don't know. but you? yeah you got it all down

Nope. I don't know. Never said I knew. And I don't care. Never said I cared.

Now, about those pesky "cool photons" radiating toward the hotter corona...…….DURR
Now, about those pesky "cool photons" radiating toward the hotter corona...

what about them, let's see how they flow? show the observed measurements of their movements? wait, you've been asked over a hundred times, and still nothing? what is it you fear jack? being wrong? don't worry, it's already known you are.

what about them, let's see how they flow? show the observed measurements of their movements?

You haven't seen photons from the Sun's surface?
Were you blind before your brain trauma?
no, I have not ever seen a photon leave the surface of the sun. you're saying you have? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

You need more meds.
Push the call button....the nice nurse will be right with you.
so you stare at the sun and think I need a nurse.

You think I need to stare at the Sun to know that the surface emits photons?

30kbjv.jpg

Unfortunate to be as stupid as you...I guess that you are unaware that the sun's corona, like the earths' thermosphere is mostly empty space. The molecules in the earth's thermosphere are very hot, but you would freeze to death should you find yourself there with no protection because the molecules are so far apart that you likely would not even encounter one...the sun's corona is much the same...mostly empty space..in fact, very nearly a hard vacuum...while the molecules are very hot, the surface area that they block from normal radiation is almost nil...

And yet you dont consider it stupid to believe that the gas on the Sun's surface can decide which photons will 'hit' the million degree fast ions in the corona, and then proceed to stop the emission of said photons. Who or what does all the calculations of speed and direction? And what is the mechanism by which the internal conditions are thwarted from expelling a photon?

Most people think objects simply radiate according to their temperature in a random direction. But you seem to think you know better. Who taught you this new understanding that eluded all physicists up to this time?

It never fails to give me a chuckle when you wackos suggest that photons "decide" anything. There is no deciding any more than a rock "decides" to fall downward when dropped...

Unfortunate to be as stupid as you...I guess that you are unaware that the sun's corona, like the earths' thermosphere is mostly empty space. The molecules in the earth's thermosphere are very hot, but you would freeze to death should you find yourself there with no protection because the molecules are so far apart that you likely would not even encounter one...the sun's corona is much the same...mostly empty space..in fact, very nearly a hard vacuum...while the molecules are very hot, the surface area that they block from normal radiation is almost nil...

And yet you dont consider it stupid to believe that the gas on the Sun's surface can decide which photons will 'hit' the million degree fast ions in the corona, and then proceed to stop the emission of said photons. Who or what does all the calculations of speed and direction? And what is the mechanism by which the internal conditions are thwarted from expelling a photon?

Most people think objects simply radiate according to their temperature in a random direction. But you seem to think you know better. Who taught you this new understanding that eluded all physicists up to this time?

It never fails to give me a chuckle when you wackos suggest that photons "decide" anything. There is no deciding any more than a rock "decides" to fall downward when dropped...

It never fails to give me a chuckle when you wackos suggest that photons "decide" anything.

Photons can predict the future and measure temperatures across the universe.
All that but they aren't able to decide where to go?
If they can't decide, why do they need their god-like powers?

Canada is warming at twice the global rate, report says - CNN
and
Canada’s Changing Climate Report

• The observed warming of Canadian temperatures are due to "human influence."
  • There has been more rain than snowfall in Canada since 1948, a trend that looks to continue over the 21st century.
  • Temperature extremes have changed in Canada, meaning extreme warm temperatures are getting hotter and extreme cold is becoming less cold.
  • Extreme hot temperatures will become more frequent and intense.
  • Over the last 30 years, the amount of snow-covered land has decreased in Canada.
  • Flooding is expected to increase in Canada because of sea-level rise.
  • Freshwater shortages in the summer are expected because warmer summers will increase the evaporation of surface water.
We've known that the Arctic had been warmed more than the rest of the planet by a significant margin. It should come as no surprise, then, that countries on the Arctic margin should share in that elevated warming: Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Finland and Russia are all likely to experience accelerated warming particularly on their northern boundaries.
If Canada warms up, it will free up millions of square miles for people to live there, because it's too cold to live there now.

Unfortunate to be as stupid as you...I guess that you are unaware that the sun's corona, like the earths' thermosphere is mostly empty space.
Go ahead and admit idiot...you never once even considered the possibility that the molecules in the corona were so far apart that they essentially weren't even there...

I have an idea for an amendment to your idea of second law that will squelch Tod's objection concerning the corona. The bold faced added text should be penciled into all your text books.

Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object unless the higher temperature object has a density less than 2 mg/m³.

It is also important to realize that your amendment is important because it has been observed and measured. Once you add exceptions to your law, there are probably others you might consider too, such as radiation.

So you learn something about the sun's corona and now you think you can use that to get around the second law of thermodynamics? Show me in the law where the concentration of anything might be a determining factor in how energy might move?

Unfortunate to be as stupid as you...I guess that you are unaware that the sun's corona, like the earths' thermosphere is mostly empty space.
Go ahead and admit idiot...you never once even considered the possibility that the molecules in the corona were so far apart that they essentially weren't even there...

I have an idea for an amendment to your idea of second law that will squelch Tod's objection concerning the corona. The bold faced added text should be penciled into all your text books.

Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object unless the higher temperature object has a density less than 2 mg/m³.

It is also important to realize that your amendment is important because it has been observed and measured. Once you add exceptions to your law, there are probably others you might consider too, such as radiation.

So you learn something about the sun's corona and now you think you can use that to get around the second law of thermodynamics? Show me in the law where the concentration of anything might be a determining factor in how energy might move?

So you learn something about the sun's corona and now you think you can use that to get around the second law of thermodynamics?

The Sun's corona can prevent non-spontaneous radiation from the Sun's surface? DURR!

No, it is you who are trying to get around the second law. You are the one who said that energy from the cooler part of the sun can move toward the hotter corona because "the molecules in the corona were so far apart." You are giving an exception to your own (false) idea that photons from black body radiation can't move from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object. The corona density is about 2 mg/m³. So you in essence are amending your version of the law. I have simply written your version of the law in a more formal way. It's sarcasm.

Furthermore, you should consider this statement superfluous: "Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object". Because your (false) definition of spontaneous leads you to the result that no process is spontaneous.

I'm just showing you that there are lots of inconsistencies in your theories of thermodynamics.

Furthermore, you should consider this statement superfluous: "Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object". Because your (false) definition of spontaneous leads you to the result that no process is spontaneous.

I'm just showing you that there are lots of inconsistencies in your theories of thermodynamics

I like it! A much more succinct way of saying he ignores entropy so his interpretation is useless. It no longer matters whether he is right or wrong because it doesn't apply to any real world situations.

I'm just showing you that there are lots of inconsistencies in your theories of thermodynamics

I like it! A much more succinct way of saying he ignores entropy so his interpretation is useless. It no longer matters whether he is right or wrong because it doesn't apply to any real world situations.
except ones you can't show as observations of cold flowing to warm.

Future and across are meaningless terms when referencing an entity that moves at the speed of light...yet another concept that you don't seem to be able to understand.

No, it is you who are trying to get around the second law. You are the one who said that energy from the cooler part of the sun can move toward the hotter corona because "the molecules in the corona were so far apart." You are giving an exception to your own (false) idea that photons from black body radiation can't move from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object. The corona density is about 2 mg/m³. So you in essence are amending your version of the law. I have simply written your version of the law in a more formal way. It's sarcasm.

I'm just showing you that there are lots of inconsistencies in your theories of thermodynamics.

You really are a moron aren't you...energy from the sun moves through the area of the corona because it is mostly empty space...just as radiation from the surface of the earth goes through the thermosphere because it is mostly empty space...you really do have problems with the simplest of concepts...

And since the second law of thermodynamics says that energy can't move spontaneously from cool to warm, it isn't a false idea...all ground that has been covered before...if you must relive your defeat, refer to any of the previous versions of this conversation.

Entropy describes the movement of energy from a more organized state to a less organized state...it doesn't go from less organized to more organized on its own...ever...cool is less organized than warm..

Future and across are meaningless terms when referencing an entity that moves at the speed of light...yet another concept that you don't seem to be able to understand.

Future and across are meaningless terms when referencing an entity that moves at the speed of light.

Of course, that's why a photon won't travel a billion light years and hit a target warmer than the atom that emitted it. LOL!

You really are a moron aren't you...energy from the sun moves through the area of the corona because it is mostly empty space...just as radiation from the surface of the earth goes through the thermosphere because it is mostly empty space...you really do have problems with the simplest of concepts...

And since the second law of thermodynamics says that energy can't move spontaneously from cool to warm, it isn't a false idea...all ground that has been covered before...if you must relive your defeat, refer to any of the previous versions of this conversation.

energy from the sun moves through the area of the corona because it is mostly empty space..

Energy from the Sun is spontaneous? You're disagreeing with yourself again.

energy from the sun moves through the area of the corona because it is mostly empty space..

hmmm interesting that the subject wasn't mentioned, yet you said it was. odd person wash, rinse repeat!!!

hmmm interesting that the subject wasn't mentioned, yet you said it was. odd person wash, rinse repeat!!!

hmmm interesting that the subject wasn't mentioned

SSDD's amusement at the idea that "photons from the Sun are spontaneous" has been mentioned
multiple times in this thread. Short term memory failing you again? Ring the nurse.

Jeeze. More ill-tempered ad hominem. Everyone would agree that a very low density of matter in a vacuum has little influence on radiation or anything else. Physics is a hard science. Let's drop playing games and look at the physics involved.

You have stated that, Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object and use that to say radiation can't move from cool to warm. The corona is a case like that. The density of the corona is 2 mg/m³.

If you are going to impose an exception by saying the density is too low, you have to come up with a density threshold that says anything below that specific density will allow radiation to pass through under all circumstances. Above that threshold would be your usual departure from textbook thermodynamics.

So what is that threshold? You already gave a limit based on the sun. So what density is too low? 10 mg/m³? 500 mg/m³? I know you can't and won't come up with a density threshold number, but it is to show that you are just doing ad hoc arguments in the field of physics, and you change your rules as your failures are challenged.

hmmm interesting that the subject wasn't mentioned

SSDD's amusement at the idea that "photons from the Sun are spontaneous" has been mentioned
multiple times in this thread. Short term memory failing you again? Ring the nurse.
she's been in your head for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back