Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A
Canada is warming at twice the global rate, report says - CNN
and
https://changingclimate.ca/CCCR2019/

• The observed warming of Canadian temperatures are due to "human influence."
  • There has been more rain than snowfall in Canada since 1948, a trend that looks to continue over the 21st century.
  • Temperature extremes have changed in Canada, meaning extreme warm temperatures are getting hotter and extreme cold is becoming less cold.
  • Extreme hot temperatures will become more frequent and intense.
  • Over the last 30 years, the amount of snow-covered land has decreased in Canada.
  • Flooding is expected to increase in Canada because of sea-level rise.
  • Freshwater shortages in the summer are expected because warmer summers will increase the evaporation of surface water.
We've known that the Arctic had been warmed more than the rest of the planet by a significant margin. It should come as no surprise, then, that countries on the Arctic margin should share in that elevated warming: Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Finland and Russia are all likely to experience accelerated warming particularly on their northern boundaries.

Those weren't my words, they were the words of the authors of the published study at my second link.

I guarantee you that natural variability has been taken in to account by the climate science community. In the resource I often recommend: "The Physical Science Basis", by my scan, the phrase "natural variability" occurs 310 times.

Those weren't my words, they were the words of the authors of the published study at my second link.

I guarantee you that natural variability has been taken in to account by the climate science community. In the resource I often recommend: "The Physical Science Basis", by my scan, the phrase "natural variability" occurs 310 times.
All you have to do it hit reply. You want to shove fear mongering down our throats and dont even know how to forum?
You passed it on. You took responsibility for it.
Your guarantees mean absolutely nothing.
Stop your fear mongering. You are scaring the children.

Global-Warming-Causes-Everything.jpg

All you have to do it hit reply. You want to shove fear mongering down our throats and dont even know how to forum?

Are they related? Should we assume that because you are good at "forum"-ing you are also good at shoving fear mongering down your reader's throats?

You passed it on. You took responsibility for it.

What is "it"?

Your guarantees mean absolutely nothing.

My guarantee that natural variability has been taken into account? If you don't trust me, look for yourself.

Stop your fear mongering. You are scaring the children.

They need to be scared. We all need to be scared.

Did you have any comment about the high rate of warming at northern latitudes? You suggested that they were within natural variability. I am quite willing to debate that topic if you'd care to do so.

Dang I really hope it finds it's way to New York because this is sucking. Oh Can Ada!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait for Polar Bear on this thread!:laughing0301::rock::rock::rock:

Oh by the way.....note the OP used CNN as a source. And ps.....there is zero correlation with flooding and sea level rise. That's just more loose analogy gheyness we get from climate crusader-types.

Last edited:
and
Canada’s Changing Climate Report

• There has been more rain than snowfall in Canada since 1948, a trend that looks to continue over the 21st century.
  • Temperature extremes have changed in Canada, meaning extreme warm temperatures are getting hotter and extreme cold is becoming less cold.
  • Over the last 30 years, the amount of snow-covered land has decreased in Canada.
  • Freshwater shortages in the summer are expected because warmer summers will increase the evaporation of surface water.
We've known that the Arctic had been warmed more than the rest of the planet by a significant margin. It should come as no surprise, then, that countries on the Arctic margin should share in that elevated warming: Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Finland and Russia are all likely to experience accelerated warming particularly on their northern boundaries.
Let me guess... Your infilled modes, that fail every predicative test tell you its true.

You fucking alarmists and your psuedo-crap-science.... Keep crying wolf idiot... Your lies have been exposed..

Dang I really hope it finds it's way to New York because this is sucking. Oh Can Ada!!!!!!!!!

Oh by the way.....note the OP used CNN as a source. And ps.....there is zero correlation with flooding and sea level rise. That's just more loose analogy gheyness we get from climate crusader-types.

I was wondering when the model card was going to be used again as the US-CRN shows us -1.2 deg C below average this year.. I knew they were desperate..

I can't wait for it to find Chicago. We are actually south of Canada. funny how they're getting all the warming.

I was wondering when the model card was going to be used again as the US-CRN shows us -1.2 deg C below average this year.. I knew they were desperate..

Thanks for pointing out this is based on a computer model. Ghey.....the level of fake in here recently is off the hook. I think this is why so few progressives come into this forum.....they dont want to look like total dicks.:2up:

and

Don't you and CNN know the difference between local weather and global weather?

I don't know if anyone watched 60 Minutes this weekend, but they did a segment on it called Pleistocene Park, and it was talking about what some scientist in Siberia discovered. Seems that the permafrost is melting at a high rate of speed, and when it melts, it releases a lot of carbon and methane into the atmosphere.

A bold plan to slow the melt of Arctic permafrost could help reverse global warming

Russian scientists Sergey Zimov and Nikita Zimov — they're a father-son duo — believe they can slow the thawing of the Siberian permafrost by bringing back grazing animals to a swath of land called Pleistocene Park.

Siberia’s melting permafrost has enormous implications for the Earth’s climate.

In some areas of Siberia, permafrost extends 5,000 feet below the surface. It contains vast amounts of carbon dioxide and methane. The top 3 feet alone is estimated to contain twice as much carbon as what’s already in the Earth’s atmosphere. As the carbon and methane are released over the coming decades, scientists say it could spell climate disaster.

Northern nations warming faster than global average

Yet, latest research from Los Alamos shows that in the weeks after the Chicxulub impact, more greenhouse gases were released into the atmosphere than man produces at his current rate in a THREE-THOUSAND YEAR (3,000 years or 300 centuries) PERIOD, and yet...

...here we are. Better off than ever. The Earth is an amazing thing.

and

no such thing as a global temperature. we don't monitor the entire globe. and, the algorithm to look at the data would need to be manipulated. hence there is no such thing as it. Not sure why we need to see the temperature outside our local area or an area we might be traveling to. I know if someone is going skiing, it would be nice to know it's cold enough and snow packed. but who travels the entire globe that needs to know the temperature of earth?

and

no such thing as a global temperature. we don't monitor the entire globe. and, the algorithm to look at the data would need to be manipulated. hence there is no such thing as it. Not sure why we need to see the temperature outside our local area or an area we might be traveling to. I know if someone is going skiing, it would be nice to know it's cold enough and snow packed. but who travels the entire globe that needs to know the temperature of earth?

We don't monitor the entire globe? Really? Then why are all those satellites up in orbit doing the very thing you claim isn't happening?

Interactive: How satellites are used to monitor climate change | Carbon Brief

Since the launch of the first weather satellite in 1959, Earth observation satellites have proven to be vital tools for climate research. In 1984, the Earth Radiation Budget Satellite provided an early insight into how human activities, such as burning fossil fuels, affect the planet’s radiation balance, and helped discover the hole in the ozone layer. Two decades later, the Orbiting Carbon Observatory mission gave us the first global maps of carbon dioxide concentration around the world (see gallery below).

The latest addition to this network of global satellites is the European Space Agency’s (ESA) Sentinel-3A, launched on Tuesday evening from Russia’s Plesetsk Cosmodrome. The new satellite is designed to help fill in gaps in the data on sea-surface temperature and map the extent and topography of ice, among other purposes.

and

We don't monitor the entire globe? Really? Then why are all those satellites up in orbit doing the very thing you claim isn't happening?

Since the launch of the first weather satellite in 1959, Earth observation satellites have proven to be vital tools for climate research. In 1984, the Earth Radiation Budget Satellite provided an early insight into how human activities, such as burning fossil fuels, affect the planet’s radiation balance, and helped discover the hole in the ozone layer. Two decades later, the Orbiting Carbon Observatory mission gave us the first global maps of carbon dioxide concentration around the world (see gallery below).

The latest addition to this network of global satellites is the European Space Agency’s (ESA) Sentinel-3A, launched on Tuesday evening from Russia’s Plesetsk Cosmodrome. The new satellite is designed to help fill in gaps in the data on sea-surface temperature and map the extent and topography of ice, among other purposes.
We don’t monitor temperatures, they monitor wavelength. How was the global temperature was taken prior to the satellite? Would the data look the same to be on one trending graph?

Last edited:
and

We don’t monitor temperature

Guess you totally skipped over the last paragraph that was bolded. It clearly states that Sentinel-3A (recently launched), is designed to check on temperatures of the sea surface and map ice topography.

Not for long. In 20 years palms in Minnesota and snowboards in Nicaragua / Pole shift ? Who knows. Answer. NOBODY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back