None of you are rich. Why are you defending billionaires?

You guys really don't know what the main platform of each ideology is?

Liberalism: less economic freedom, more social freedom
Conservativism: more economic freedom, less social freedoms

That's just the way these ideologies are defined. But if you really want applied examples, Conservatives want cencorship, imposing religious values into society, outlawing personal drug use, opposing violent video games, opposing violence and indecency in movies and music, support draft, and the list goes on.

Again, prove it!

No one is under taxed...!!!!

The problem is in DC.....​

STOP THE GOD DAMNED SPENDING!!!!!!​

:evil:

Well the Repubx have controlled the house for a while now.
And any spending bill has to pass both houses....

So it does not appear that more repubx in congress is the answer.

They controlled both houses for most of Bush II's term and how did the spending go?

Ohh wait we have the TP caucus in there now....

Last edited:
Do you think employed people are peasants?

Of course he is. He has an inferiority complex and therefore hates others because he thinks their success diminishes him for some odd reason.

I don't think he understands what life was like to feudal peasants and why the US was created. I also don't think he understands what happens to a person's job when the company owners give up.

It's amazing. Our government took 2.15 Trillion dollars from the American people last year. And these politicians claim we haven't paid enough and refuse spend only what we have.

There is zero reason we shouldn't have a balanced budget this year.

They are working on it.... Dems keep saying they are getting in the way of progress :cuckoo:

You know it too.... you just like being a hack for the left.
Why, Im not sure :confused:

And Republicans have been proposing better budgets... though they can still use some work. But of course, they aren't passing the Senate or getting signed by the President.

Heck, we just went over a huge battle about the budget where the Democrats promised to "cut" Billions from the budget. Less than 2 months later the President has already proposed that we spend that money we were supposedly going to cut.

We need honest brokers in Washington.

Oh, Emm Gee.

It is not "stealing" to expect someone to pay their fair share of the taxes. It's just not.

And why is it you think people should have to work past April in order to pay off the government???

It costs a lot to live in the greatest country on earth.

True. Does it automatically have to cost more each and every year? Is a person's income subject to the whims of the masses? Do you see a problem with the majority agreeing to fund their preferences by taxing people other than them?

They controlled both houses for most of Bush II's term and how did the spending go?

Ohh wait we have the TP caucus in there now....

I never said Boosh wasnt part of the problem..... read my post!

Did I blame it on any ONE party???? No.... read it, I said "DC"
That means all of them!
The Teaparty movement is the first time I have seen any hope for DC.... Bush was a LIBERAL not a conservative.... look at my history here at USMB... you will never see me call him a conservative. Boosh isnt the problem any longer. It is at the Dems feet now, and has been for nearly an entire presidential term...

Get a grip man!

That's just the way these ideologies are defined. But if you really want applied examples, Conservatives want cencorship, imposing religious values into society, outlawing personal drug use, opposing violent video games, opposing violence and indecency in movies and music, support draft, and the list goes on.

So let me see if I've got this straight...if I believe in fiscal sanity...then it's an automatic that I believe in taking away people's social freedoms (what ever those are...)?

And your "applied examples" are laughable. You make sweeping statements about people trying to pigeon hole them in order to make YOUR beliefs about them hold true.

So run this through your "applied example"...
I'm a conservative. I'm also an agnostic. I'm also pro-choice. I have no problem with same sex marriage. Although I am a hunter I support tough gun control laws on assault weapons. So how do "I" fit in your little preconceived world, Geo?

Wow, you live in a very simplistic world don't you? :eusa_whistle:

That's your definition.

You can't differentiate between economic freedom and social freedom. Freedom is freedom.

The communists told everyone they will be able to keep their social freedoms with communist economic policy, how did that work out?

And Republicans have been proposing better budgets... though they can still use some work. But of course, they aren't passing the Senate or getting signed by the President.

Heck, we just went over a huge battle about the budget where the Democrats promised to "cut" Billions from the budget. Less than 2 months later the President has already proposed that we spend that money we were supposedly going to cut.

We need honest brokers in Washington.

uscitizen is being a hack at the moment. He knows we are right about this.

The conservatives cant get anything past this regime... they are too Hell bent on making the lemmings out there think its the Repubix fault.

Again, prove it!

Contrast Conservatism and Libertarianism. There lies your answer.

Also, Google "Social Conservatism."

None of you are rich. Why are you defending billionaires?

I'm not gay, either, but I defend gays against bigoted bullshit arguments and policies.

I'm not black (except to the extent that we all come out of Africa): but I still oppose racist policies.

And I don't have to be rich to detest the vilification of wealthy folks just because petty douche bags, like you, are jealous. Your jealousy is not a valid basis for the confiscation of their wealth.

You fucking pontificating scumbags want the rich to pay their fair share? Fine. Then get behind a flat tax, idiots.

Poor little rdickhead: another thread theme; another pathetic fail.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Again, prove it!

Im a conservative who believes in social freedom.... I dont however, believe in a free for all.

Big difference Bud.... so your silly definitions PROVE NOTHING.

Again, prove it!

My take on the current difference between liberalism and conservatism is a contrasting view in what the function of government should be. Liberals currently see government as the solution to all problems and wish for it's power to increase. Conservatives see government an impediment to solving problems and wish for it's power to be contained.

And Liberalism and Libertarianism are not the same thing.

Last edited:

Hey, it's not my fault that Liberals and Conservatives are simplistic. I defined the ideologies as they are. Take Political Science.

Hey, it's not my fault that Liberals and Conservatives are simplistic. I defined the ideologies as they are. Take Political Science.

I hate to break this to you but the only place that liberals and conservatives are simplistic is in your Poly Sci class. Get out of the classroom and experience real life.

Forum List

Back