None Of The Above.

Should we have a binding None Of The Above option in every federal election ?

• Total voters

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
Why do we not have this on every election?

Why are we so often asked to choose between a douchebag and a turd sandwich?

I think every election should have a binding "NOTA" option , and if NOTA wins the most votes all candidates are disqualified and disallowed from running for that office again.

All teams must select new captains and start over.

I think every election should have a binding "NOTA" option , and if NOTA wins the most votes all candidates are disqualified and disallowed from running for that office again.

I've said that for years, except for two things:
  1. We'd probably never have an election then.
  2. Only a douche-bag or a turd sandwich would be crazy enough to run for such a job, such as our present system is, and in that rare case where you get a private person willing to give it a go at great personal cost, they are vilified and treated like a douche bag and called a turd sandwich anyway and repulsed by half the nation! So back to #1-- -- -- -- America gets what it deserves.

We already have that. It's called a "write in."

but that is spread out between 20000 different votes. A single NOTA would send a signal.

The expected media colonoscopy performed on political candidates - more so on the right than the left, of course, but still - pretty much guarantees that no candidates of the highest quality and intellect will present themselves for the procedure.

Citizens in this time vote "none of the above" by simply not voting.

No

for a multitude of reasons

I would like to see us to go a more parliamentary system like most other countries. Power is too concentrated and two parties no longer represent most of the country.

The expected media colonoscopy performed on political candidates - more so on the right than the left, of course, but still - pretty much guarantees that no candidates of the highest quality and intellect will present themselves for the procedure.

by not voting you assures one of the turds wins. a NOTA above could beat them both.

by not voting you assures one of the turds wins. a NOTA above could beat them both.

Read my statement again. Such a move would not produce a significantly superior candidate.

NOTA means you arent voting for anybody which is kinda stupid on its face,,,

as for POTUS there are options,,,

No

for a multitude of reasons
Go on, name them then.

Unfortunately, this was appropriate in 2016 and today.

waiting-for-this-election-is-like-waiting-for-the-walking-dead-season-premiere-you-know-something-horrible-is-coming-you-just-dont-know-the-details.jpg

I would like to see us to go a more parliamentary system like most other countries. Power is too concentrated and two parties no longer represent most of the country.

every country with a parliamentary system is far more fucked up than we are,,,
I wouldn't say they are far more fucked up, but a parliamentary system would not work here, we are a federated system. We are a collection of sovereign states.

This would be anti-democratic.

In most cases the two candidates for a given office are determined by a primary, where the candidates reflect the will of the people.

If the people are unhappy with the caliber of candidates running for office, they need to take action long before election day; they need to get involved in the political process at the very local level and at the very beginning of the political process.

Otherwise, the people are in no position to complain about who is running for office; the people alone are responsible for the bad candidates they get, just as they’re solely responsible for the bad government they get.

Read my statement again. Such a move would not produce a significantly superior candidate.

You might be right. Sloppy Seconds and Thirsty Thirds would likely result is lesser, not better people, and it would eventually get to where both the government and the people would tire of the circus and the delays, and people would LOWER their standards, not raise them, and just pick someone they might not have accepted in the first round just to get it over with.

Not all States allow write-ins.

The last election only had 55% of the registered voters vote for POTUS. If that number had fallen to below 50%, then, technically in Political Science speak, the executive branch, and the government would not have held, electoral legitimacy.

. . . but do you think for even one moment the MSM and the government would have cared? I don't. I think they still would have sworn in whomever had won and ignored the fact that the majority of the electorate had not participated in the sham.

THAT IS WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.

And if these cocksucker elites did that? Are you still required to pay taxes if the government does not represent you?

You've Got to Stop Voting - by Mark E. Smith
You've Got to Stop Voting - by Mark E. Smith | FUBAR AND GRILL

We don't need it, we now have an impeachment option.

Forum List

Back