None Of The Above.

Should we have a binding None Of The Above option in every federal election ?

• Total voters
And if NOTA doesn’t win…we get the status quo….

If NOTA does win, we get months of stalemate where NOTA wins a 1, 2, 3 or however many elections followed by a compromise candidate that couldn’t even win her/his party’s nominee for 4 elections in a row?

Hard pass.
NOTA doesn't "win", in fact any time that happens I have to count it as a straight up loss.

What NOTA does is force the "big two" parties to out up more appealing candidates.

Getting the most votes means you win. The only time NOTA is evoked is if it wins.
If you insist on looking at it that way fine.

I'd say it means everyone else lost.

Lol...massive difference...lol

you still never answered the question.

Walk us through what would have taken place if Trump and Clinton both got fewer votes than NOTA.
I've already outlined a few ideas earlier in the thread, I think specifically in response to you.

I don't claim to have all the answers, I just know something needs to change or were gonna have an endless parade of tRumps and Clintons rolling through the election process and that's not what the country needs.

well Clinton hasn’t been in office in 18 years. The blob is in office now and will be gone in 5 at the most.

No worries there

The best candidate already got their part’s plurality of votes. They were disqualified by the NOTA option.

are you actually thinking that the hard right and hard left will support a compromise candidate?
I'm thinking we need to force them to.

If NOTA does win, we get months of stalemate where NOTA wins a 1, 2, 3 or however many elections followed by a compromise candidate that couldn’t even win her/his party’s nominee for 4 elections in a row?

Hard pass.
NOTA doesn't "win", in fact any time that happens I have to count it as a straight up loss.

What NOTA does is force the "big two" parties to out up more appealing candidates.

Getting the most votes means you win. The only time NOTA is evoked is if it wins.

We currently have half the voting public not voting. If we could just get the other half to stop voting, it might bring down our criminal government altogether.

So much for the “consent of the governed.”

Walk us through what would have taken place if Trump and Clinton both got fewer votes than NOTA.
I've already outlined a few ideas earlier in the thread, I think specifically in response to you.

I don't claim to have all the answers, I just know something needs to change or were gonna have an endless parade of tRumps and Clintons rolling through the election process and that's not what the country needs.

well Clinton hasn’t been in office in 18 years. The blob is in office now and will be gone in 5 at the most.

No worries there
That both have children

I'm thinking we need to force them to.

Hard pass.

We currently have half the voting public not voting. If we could just get the other half to stop voting, it might bring down our criminal government altogether.

So much for the “consent of the governed.”
As long as one person votes it will.never happen.

No worries there
That both have children

bizarre

I voted No regarding a "none of the above" choice on the ballot. There isn't a direct vote for the Presidency and so if "none of the above" won a state, that would leave the chore of picking its electors up to the state legislature.

Forum List

Back