Nobody here but us Christians

Has anybody else noticed how Christian the left has suddenly become? And how much they think it should inform our government decisions? I am suddenly hearing from leftist non-Christians all sorts of advice on Trump's religion and seeing articles on his non-Christian decisions.

Dont fall for it.

Perspective | Trump’s new drone strike policy might violate centuries of Christian ethics
The problem is that the Right, claiming to be Christians, don't follow basic Christian principles.

I think the problem is Christians wont let non Christians explain their religion to them. I have yet to meet a leftist who wasn't an expert on how some other religion should practice. It is a form of control.

But that wasn't the point. And it is why the right won and will continue winning. The Right makes no claim to be Christian...it merely welcomes and respects Christianity. YUGE difference.

There has always been christians that lean left....It is nothing new..

But the left has never leaned Christian. That was the point. Like their naive belief in polls, their belief that they are fighting Christianity, leads them to contorted and contrived positions.

"hey, er,look, you right wing Christians are doing this wrong so we will help you elect a *real* Christian candidate."

LOL. And you expect anybody to fall for that?

But the left has never leaned Christian. That was the point. Like their naive belief in polls, their belief that they are fighting Christianity, leads them to contorted and contrived positions.

"hey, er,look, you right wing Christians are doing this wrong so we will help you elect a *real* Christian candidate."

LOL. And you expect anybody to fall for that?

I don't fall for any of it, since there is no religious test for office, it is best left that way..Pandering to a religion is just a way to get votes, doesn't mean the candidate has to be a determined religious person..The thing I find illogical is the assumption that there is a left and right only, what ever happened to the moderate middle folks?
Polls are just an outline of possibilities by a fraction, it doesn't represent the whole..

Has anybody else noticed how Christian the left has suddenly become? And how much they think it should inform our government decisions? I am suddenly hearing from leftist non-Christians all sorts of advice on Trump's religion and seeing articles on his non-Christian decisions.

Dont fall for it.

Perspective | Trump’s new drone strike policy might violate centuries of Christian ethics
No, actually, I did not notice that at all.

The GOP was good this year and last year and has not brought up religion at all or any of the hot buttons like abortion or gay marriage.

DJ Trump did talk about Roe V Wade repeal but that is going to be hard to do. And at the rate Trump is going now he won't be around to see it.

And on the left neither Catholic Nancy Pelosi or Jewish Chuck Schumer or Jewish Bernie Sanders has brought up religion ever once -- prolly because non of their religions condones queer marriage or queer rights.

Nancy Pelosi is Catholic (obviously Christian) and even is in trouble with the Pope and her Bishop for being pro-choice which is against Catholic doctrine and policy.

Nancy Pelosi is Catholic (obviously Christian) and even is in trouble with the Pope and her Bishop for being pro-choice which is against Catholic doctrine and policy.
I know, it's not unusual that people on both sides have religion, yet according to the tenets of christianity, God already knows you're imperfect and accepts you that way..

The thing I find illogical is the assumption that there is a left and right only, what ever happened to the moderate middle folks?.

They were abused, milked dry, and became part of the right when the Stalinists moved in. Isnt it all relative? The moderate middle folks never gave a thought to gay marriage, men in the little girls room, socialized healthcare, borderless countries, white privilege, gender fluidity, the benefits of living in a western christian culture. Then the left swooped in and attacked. The moderate middle folks were now right wing zealots merely for holding the same beliefs they had always held and their parents and parents parents.

That is what happened to them.

CsefLhjUkAE58eS.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back