NOAA comes clean ...

so nothing to show how it's catastrophic. hmmmmmmm go figure.
Do you understand how utterly lacking in value are EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR COMMENTS? I can't tell you how much better off the world would be if you were to frisbee your keyboard into the Atlantic Ocean.

Do you understand how utterly lacking in value are EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR COMMENTS? I can't tell you how much better off the world would be if you were to frisbee your keyboard into the Atlantic Ocean.
so still nothing worthy of catastrophic you can find huh? Crickster, I'm disappointed bud.

Nice deflection though.

I'm pretty certain that anyone that had passed thermodynamics would not have used the term "laws of nature".

So, what are you saying here? That exponential temperature change is the opposite of everything else in the universe? All I get from this is that you don't understand the term "exponential" and that's on top of being the sort of blithering idiot that would use the phrase "everything else in the universe" as if it actually meant something.

And that's on top of the being the sort of blithering idiot that would think they know thermodynamics better than ten thousand PhDs.

I just saying I know thermodynamics better than you ... the rest of the universe follows logarithmic relationships ... do you know the difference better logarithmic and exponential functions ... and which one approximates SB better? ...

I'm including Newton's Laws of Gravity and Motion ... why aren't you? ...

I ask again ... why are you endorsing hypercanes if you know they are impossible in our atmosphere? ...

What NOAA actually had to say:

• Earth’s temperature has risen by 0.14° Fahrenheit (0.08° Celsius) per decade since 1880, but the rate of warming since 1981 is more than twice that: 0.32° F (0.18° C) per decade.
  • 2021 was the sixth-warmest year on record based on NOAA’s temperature data.
  • Averaged across land and ocean, the 2021 surface temperature was 1.51 °F (0.84 °Celsius) warmer than the twentieth-century average of 57.0 °F (13.9 °C) and 1.87 ˚F (1.04 ˚C) warmer than the pre-industrial period (1880-1900).
  • The nine years from 2013 through 2021 rank among the 10 warmest years on record.
and

The year culminated as the sixth warmest year on record for the globe with a temperature that was 0.84°C (1.51°F) above the 20th century average. The years 2013–2021 all rank among the ten warmest years on record. The year 2021 was also the 45th consecutive year (since 1977) with global temperatures, at least nominally, above the 20th century average. Of note, the year 2005, which was the first year to set a new global temperature record in the 21st century, currently ties with 2013 as the 10th warmest year on record and 2010 ranks as the ninth warmest on record.

and

According to the 2017 U.S. Climate Science Special Report, if yearly emissions continue to increase rapidly, as they have since 2000, models project that by the end of this century, global temperature will be at least 5 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than the 1901-1960 average, and possibly as much as 10.2 degrees warmer. If annual emissions increase more slowly and begin to decline significantly by 2050, models project temperatures would still be at least 2.4 degrees warmer than the first half of the 20th century, and possibly up to 5.9 degrees warmer.

So you are saying 2021 was cooler than 2020?

1657133382342.png

I love projections like this.

Windmills have been around for a long time. And, they don't cause cancer.
Pretty clean. Just need efficient and long lasting battery storage.
Unless you can invent nuclear fusion, green sources of energy are going to be our way forward.
Whether you like it or not. :)
And every new whirlygig costs in excess of $2 million to erect, and scores of thousands to maintain.....Costs that will never be recouped with electricity production in their entire lifespans.

Sooooo sustainable!

And every new whirlygig costs in excess of $2 million to erect, and scores of thousands to maintain.....Costs that will never be recouped with electricity production in their entire lifespans.

Sooooo sustainable!
Bullshit. Do you actually believe the world's power companies are that stupid? Of course they'll make a profit, a GOOD profit. The power companies love wind turbines and photovoltaics.

His claim, that AGW violates the laws of thermodynamics, is the extraordinary claim. AGW is accepted by the vast majority of scientists who obviously do not believe it violates fundamental thermodynamics. Therefore it is HIS responsibility to provide evidence.

And, for the umpteenth time, there are no proofs in the natural sciences: Only evidence.
Oh, there is plenty of evidence in AGW.

The problem is it's mostly massaged and cherry-picked to support the already-arrived-at conclusion.

That's not science at all.

Oh, there is plenty of evidence in AGW.

The problem is it's mostly massaged and cherry-picked to support the already-arrived-at conclusion.

That's not science at all.
Says the non-scientist about a theory that more than 99% of the world's climate scientists accept in full.

Uh huh. At one point in time, 99% of everyone...including scientists...believed the Earth revolved around the sun.

Did that make it so?

At one time, everyone except Albert Einstein believed the Earth revolves around the Sun ... and perhaps Marcel Grossmann as well ...

I can't really weigh in on this issue ... the economics is strictly local ... where I live, hydro and wind are cheaper than natural gas and nuclear ... but I understand in other parts of the world, folks just can't be trusted to build safe dams ... like in Michigan ...

But if you're made of money ... go ahead and run your A/C ... gives some poor bloke a job chiseling ammonia out of hard rock ...

Forum List

Back