No union (coal) mines left in Kentucky,

So the footprint is less than 50 feet?

Hardly. First of all, new roads have to be built, or existing ones need to be extensively "upgraded." It requires more than an old dirt logging track to get a 150-ft blade, a 70-ton nacelle, or the huge crane needed to put it all together up a mountain. The road needs to be wide, straight, and very strong.

Several acres around each turbine have to be cleared as well. For best performance, the GE 1.5-megawatt turbine needs 82 unobstructed acres around it and the Vestas V90 needs 111. On a ridgeline, the sloping away of the land and the hope that the wind is always perpendicular to the line of the ridge mean that about 5 acres are actually cleared around each turbine. Wind Power Facts | Wind Energy FAQ [aweo.org]

Now let us cry for all the people that used to clean the stables and were put out of work by the automobile.

How about crying for all the men that have died early, or are presently dying, from black lung? Or are you going to deny that is a problem like you 'Conservatives' did for asbestos?

Yeah...the asbestos thing was a scam too.......and since the first coal mines came in when technology was primitive...how is coal mining at that time horrible....as technology increased they improved mining techniques...and now we fraq......you luddites think that we haven't proggressed past the stage of having canaries in mines......read up....you green worshipers need to let go of your religious beliefs and understand technological progress.....morons.
What do I say? Asbestos was a scam, eh? People saying that shit arouses some very violent feeling in my soul. My best friend, first cousin, and fellow millwright died from mesotheleoma. It took him a year to die. When we were young and dumb, we worked, at times, on the valves in the loft of a dry kiln. The pipes were encased in asbestos. And the sun shining through holes in the roof looked like there was a fog in there as we moved around.

Oh yeah, the technology is so improved;

Black Lung Among Coal Miners At Highest Level In 40 Years

Rates of a deadly form of black lung are the highest they’ve been in 40 years among Appalachian coal miners, according to federal experts.

Scientists from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health published a letterMonday in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine that stated that levels of progressive massive fibrosis (PMF) have risen to levels not seen since the early 1970s among coal miners in Kentucky, West Virginia and Virginia. The high numbers come just 15 years after the “debilitating and entirely preventable respiratory disease” was “virtually eradicated,” the scientists note.

PMF is caused only by breathing in too much coal mine dust, the letter said, so the increase in rates “can only be the result of overexposures and/or increased toxicity stemming from changes in dust composition.” The letter also notes that 2014 marks the 45th anniversary of the Federal Coal Mine Health and Safety Act, which aimed to curb incidence of black lung among coal workers by implementing dust standards. Current rates of PMF prove that exposure to coal dust continues to be a major health hazard for coal miners, however.

But then you don't give a shit about the American Worker, only that the 1% can continue to milk him dry, and throw the corpse aside when he is used up.

Now let us cry for all the people that used to clean the stables and were put out of work by the automobile.

How about crying for all the men that have died early, or are presently dying, from black lung? Or are you going to deny that is a problem like you 'Conservatives' did for asbestos?

Yeah...the asbestos thing was a scam too.......and since the first coal mines came in when technology was primitive...how is coal mining at that time horrible....as technology increased they improved mining techniques...and now we fraq......you luddites think that we haven't proggressed past the stage of having canaries in mines......read up....you green worshipers need to let go of your religious beliefs and understand technological progress.....morons.
What do I say? Asbestos was a scam, eh? People saying that shit arouses some very violent feeling in my soul. My best friend, first cousin, and fellow millwright died from mesotheleoma. It took him a year to die. When we were young and dumb, we worked, at times, on the valves in the loft of a dry kiln. The pipes were encased in asbestos. And the sun shining through holes in the roof looked like there was a fog in there as we moved around.

Rates of a deadly form of black lung are the highest they’ve been in 40 years among Appalachian coal miners, according to federal experts.

Scientists from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health published a letterMonday in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine that stated that levels of progressive massive fibrosis (PMF) have risen to levels not seen since the early 1970s among coal miners in Kentucky, West Virginia and Virginia. The high numbers come just 15 years after the “debilitating and entirely preventable respiratory disease” was “virtually eradicated,” the scientists note.

PMF is caused only by breathing in too much coal mine dust, the letter said, so the increase in rates “can only be the result of overexposures and/or increased toxicity stemming from changes in dust composition.” The letter also notes that 2014 marks the 45th anniversary of the Federal Coal Mine Health and Safety Act, which aimed to curb incidence of black lung among coal workers by implementing dust standards. Current rates of PMF prove that exposure to coal dust continues to be a major health hazard for coal miners, however.

But then you don't give a shit about the American Worker, only that the 1% can continue to milk him dry, and throw the corpse aside when he is used up.

The asbestos deaths came from government factories during world war 2 long before they knew that one of the 2 types of asbestos were dangerous....blame your beloved big government dipshit.

So you want to send people back into the mines rather than taking it off the tops where it is safer for the miners...that is on you asswipe, not me. I like Nuclear and fracking.......those are safer and cleaner and actually provide energy.

Yeah...here is the asbestos scam....from left wing New York Times........

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/03/opinion/nocera-the-asbestos-scam.html?_r=0

But, over the years, plaintiffs’ lawyers have brought tens of thousands of bogus cases. They took doctors on their payroll to industrial sites, where all the employees would be screened for signs of an asbestos-related disease. They found some real cases, of course — along with many that could never have stood up in court. Nonetheless, by bundling real cases with phony ones — and filing giant lawsuits — they took down one company after another.

The bankrupt company would then put money aside in a trust that would parcel out payments to asbestos victims. The trusts have billions of dollars to disburse and are largely controlled by the plaintiffs’ lawyers. It is a compensation system that runs alongside the tort system.

Eventually, the judiciary got tired of dealing with all the “nonmalignant” cases, as they are called, relegating them to the trusts. At that point, the lawyers mainly handled mesothelioma cases, of which there were some 2,500 a year, and which could generate large payments — usually between $500,000 to $5 million.

But, soon enough, the asbestos lawyers came up with a new tactic: finding lung cancer victims who had some exposure to asbestos. All of a sudden, lung cancer cases exploded in volume. “There is nothing new in the science to suggest an upsurge in cases,” says Peter Kelso, an asbestos expert with Bates White Economic Consulting. “It is just basically due to economic incentives.” That is, by bundling lung cancer cases with other cases, the plaintiffs’ lawyers could bring a new set of companies to heel. For many companies, it is cheaper to settle than fight.

The asbestos deaths came from government factories during world war 2 long before they knew that one of the 2 types of asbestos were dangerous....blame your beloved big government dipshit.

So you want to send people back into the mines rather than taking it off the tops where it is safer for the miners...that is on you asswipe, not me. I like Nuclear and fracking.......those are safer and cleaner and actually provide energy.

Fracking is great. I can use the water for drinking and heating - and lighting my cigarettes from the kitchen faucet. So convenient...

Coal is killing the planet. May it rest in peace. The miners had to unionize to protect themselves against the evil mine owners. It's funny that those evil mine owners are now trying to gain sympathy for their evilness by whining on the backs of those same miners.

Coal isn't killing the planet...it has allowed us to advance far beyond any other fuel source could....and we live longer, healthier lives because of our easy access to energy. You luddites in the green hoax movement need to learn science and stop praying to the green goddess, she doesn't have your best interest in mind....

Yes, coal fueled the industrial revolution and we are grateful. However, now we have the resources and science to advance to cleaner energy. It's called progress. Mountaintop removal coal mining is evil.

028.jpg

Mountaintop removal at Oven Fork, near Whitesburg (Letcher County, KY)

How is is evil.....they are piles of dirt. Once we have the coal, green stuff will grow over them and we can build homes for people on them....couldn't do that before could we....
You luddites need to work on your understanding of science...

I challenge you to Google the following: "Harmful effects of mountaintop removal coal mining"...

That is why I support fracking. There is a cost to any energy resource gathering, even solar and wind.......look up the effects of those industries and the by products created by solar panels and wind turbines....
Liberal's like windmill power because it kills the eagles flying thru them.

Coal isn't killing the planet...it has allowed us to advance far beyond any other fuel source could....and we live longer, healthier lives because of our easy access to energy. You luddites in the green hoax movement need to learn science and stop praying to the green goddess, she doesn't have your best interest in mind....

Yes, coal fueled the industrial revolution and we are grateful. However, now we have the resources and science to advance to cleaner energy. It's called progress. Mountaintop removal coal mining is evil.

028.jpg

Mountaintop removal at Oven Fork, near Whitesburg (Letcher County, KY)

How is is evil.....they are piles of dirt. Once we have the coal, green stuff will grow over them and we can build homes for people on them....couldn't do that before could we....
You luddites need to work on your understanding of science...

I challenge you to Google the following: "Harmful effects of mountaintop removal coal mining"...

That is why I support fracking. There is a cost to any energy resource gathering, even solar and wind.......look up the effects of those industries and the by products created by solar panels and wind turbines....
Liberal's like windmill power because it kills the eagles flying thru them.

That's true, and as the dead eagles decompose, they enrich the soil which is good for farmers.

Fracking is great. I can use the water for drinking and heating - and lighting my cigarettes from the kitchen faucet. So convenient...

Wow...you do realize that that movie that showed the tap water lighting on fire.......also lit on fire long before any fracking...they lied to you ....as all leftists must lie in order to push their agenda....

It doesn't take more than 5 seconds to prove your post is stupid....

Extinquishing the Flaming Faucet, Exploding the Myth

This isn’t all. Indeed, there are several other cases. Here’s one from 1960 that appeared in the Saskatoon Star-Phoenix. It is another “firewater” story from Hector, Minnesota where, once again, no natural gas development was anywhere to be found. The story was also picked up in the Toledo Blade.

Now, let’s go back even further, before I was born (just barely) to January, 1951 when this little piece appeared in a newspaper known as the Spokeman-Review about an event in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Note the ancient reference to “fire-water.” And, Dylan Ratigan thought he was being clever using that title for his MSNBC series!

Finally, here’s one from Pennsylvania, where a residential subdivision experienced what the state officials described as “incredibly common” in 1984 because “people do not vent their (water) wells.” He want on to say “In most wells in Pennsylvania, there is gas.”

Do you guys ever look beyond what the various left wing morons tell you to think......and use your brains to look beyond their anti American, anti progress hate?

This isn’t all. Indeed, there are several other cases. Here’s one from 1960 that appeared in the Saskatoon Star-Phoenix. It is another “firewater” story from Hector, Minnesota where, once again, no natural gas development was anywhere to be found. The story was also picked up in the Toledo Blade.

Now, let’s go back even further, before I was born (just barely) to January, 1951 when this little piece appeared in a newspaper known as the Spokeman-Review about an event in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Note the ancient reference to “fire-water.” And, Dylan Ratigan thought he was being clever using that title for his MSNBC series!

Finally, here’s one from Pennsylvania, where a residential subdivision experienced what the state officials described as “incredibly common” in 1984 because “people do not vent their (water) wells.” He want on to say “In most wells in Pennsylvania, there is gas.”

Do you guys ever look beyond what the various left wing morons tell you to think......and use your brains to look beyond their anti American, anti progress hate?

Facts are facts.

Hey, here's a question: how many miners did not wear the proper respirators while working? I saw a documentary about coal mining a few years ago...and only about half the miners wore ANYTHING to protect against inhaling coal dust!

Asbestos is one of the best things that has ever been discovered. A better fireproofing material has not been found.

Coal is killing the planet. May it rest in peace. The miners had to unionize to protect themselves against the evil mine owners. It's funny that those evil mine owners are now trying to gain sympathy for their evilness by whining on the backs of those same miners.

Thankfully we won't need to worry about this stupid argument from stupid cons much longer. Alternative energies are becoming cheaper and cheaper, and it won't be long before they are cheaper than fossil fuels. Then it will just be an economic decision rather than an environmental one. This is a very good thing, because cons would watch this planet burn before admitting they are wrong.

Pollution, a wonderful thing;

28254.jpg

Thankfully we won't need to worry about this stupid argument from stupid cons much longer. Alternative energies are becoming cheaper and cheaper, and it won't be long before they are cheaper than fossil fuels. Then it will just be an economic decision rather than an environmental one. This is a very good thing, because cons would watch this planet burn before admitting they are wrong.

Pollution, a wonderful thing;

28254.jpg

Yeah...that is a stupid post.....you guys want energy sources that don't work, solar and wind, so more people die in the winter countries. You fight the most reliable, nuclear and frakking......and then cut off federal lands to oil which would be better than drilling in the ocean....

You guys are dumb, and you are luddites.......

Facts are facts.

Did you see the years on those articles genius.......the fire in the tap water was already there and has nothing to do with frakking......facts are facts...but as a lefty nut, the truth, reality are both alien to you.....

Sure, and solar and wind do not work so good that Texas is installing both at record levels. And planning to put in 1000's of megawatt/hr's of grid scale batteries. Solar is now about 1/2 the price of dirty coal to install and run. Wind is the same. You fellows are flap-yapping while the people who run the utilities are buying both at record levels.

Sure, and solar and wind do not work so good that Texas is installing both at record levels. And planning to put in 1000's of megawatt/hr's of grid scale batteries. Solar is now about 1/2 the price of dirty coal to install and run. Wind is the same. You fellows are flap-yapping while the people who run the utilities are buying both at record levels.

And, to update this stupid post.........while natural gas dipped during the historic record freeze in Texas....Solar and wind failed completely.............completely.........

Forum List

Back