Blackjewel left coal miners without pay, leaves Appalachia thousands of acres of land to clean up.

Blackjewel left coal miners without pay. Now it might leave Appalachia thousands of acres of land to clean up.

The Revelation and Blackjewel bankruptcies put nearly 1,700 miners out of work across Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming. The companies owe $11.8 million in back pay and benefits to miners in central Appalachia, according to Ohio Valley ReSource. But those costs pale in comparison to the more than half a billion dollars Blackjewel owes for other debts, according to its bankruptcy filing, including significant environmental and employee obligations.

Angry coal miners continued to block a set of railroad tracks in Harlan County

Investigations underway on reported lost wages for KY miners employed by bankrupt Blackjewel mine | NKyTribune
———
How can that be legal to take that money from paychecks already issued?

What had Donald Trump done for these people? Under Hillary Clinton they could’ve already been learning other jobs.

Do you think they’re gonna vote for Donald Trump again?

Appalachia is blood red. What kind of people does this to their own base? And expects to get away with it?
We’re 300 plus shot here this weekend or in towns run by democrats? Why don’t black lives matter to you?
But you don’t care about what’s going on in Appalachian. Right? Do you know any of those supposed 300? Probably not. You probably don’t even live in the city you’re whining about
It’s not my business,, and they rioting because of oppression like in democrat run neighborhoods? No so who cares. They like freedom
Appalachia is not your business? Tens of millions of white Americans? If Republicans don’t care about white people, who do they care about? Besides billionaires I mean?

Blackjewel left coal miners without pay. Now it might leave Appalachia thousands of acres of land to clean up.

The Revelation and Blackjewel bankruptcies put nearly 1,700 miners out of work across Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming. The companies owe $11.8 million in back pay and benefits to miners in central Appalachia, according to Ohio Valley ReSource. But those costs pale in comparison to the more than half a billion dollars Blackjewel owes for other debts, according to its bankruptcy filing, including significant environmental and employee obligations.

Investigations underway on reported lost wages for KY miners employed by bankrupt Blackjewel mine | NKyTribune
———

What had Donald Trump done for these people? Under Hillary Clinton they could’ve already been learning other jobs.

Appalachia is blood red. What kind of people does this to their own base? And expects to get away with it?
We’re 300 plus shot here this weekend or in towns run by democrats? Why don’t black lives matter to you?
But you don’t care about what’s going on in Appalachian. Right? Do you know any of those supposed 300? Probably not. You probably don’t even live in the city you’re whining about
It’s not my business,, and they rioting because of oppression like in democrat run neighborhoods? No so who cares. They like freedom
Appalachia is not your business? Tens of millions of white Americans? If Republicans don’t care about white people, who do they care about? Besides billionaires I mean?
Lol we treat everyone equally this is America the government isn’t supposed to run your life.. you live in the wrong country.. regulations don’t work

———

Thank you Obama.

I’m always going on about Appalachia. Where infant mortality is rising and life expectancy is falling and there are white people living there without electricity or running water who depend on food stamps and welfare to even stay alive.
And they vote Republican every single election.
And they probably still will. I live in an area that is pretty similar to Appalachia. No matter how bad things get, a Democrat would be worse. Unless it's a Democrat like Manchin--a few might go for someone sensible, but it would depend on the vote. All Trump is, is a bag of empty promises, but he knows how to talk to white folks that get their information from talk radio.
Democrats would be worse? Like in Blue States? Where all the money is? Because healthcare, education and jobs is worse?

I don't get that at all. How could it be worse?

Texas is not blue and is as much of a money making state like California...

Also California and Illinois are not beacons of education either.

Also look at the States Healthcare Systems and California is not number one and your home state Illnois is not even in the top ten...

Clean up your State first!

14.0% Poverty Rate in Southern View, Illinois
No. The last time I looked Texas makes half as much money as California. California has gone from the seventh to the worlds fifth largest economy.

Forum List

Back