No union (coal) mines left in Kentucky,

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
They bled and died to unionize. Now? Thousands are out of work.

Reading the history of the area is sad and filled with violence. But, what this article DOESN'T deal with is that even more mines are shutting down because of Obama's War on Coal. While Kentucky's overall unemployment rate is 5.2%, the report @ Kentucky Economy at a Glance says miners are @ 14.9%.

Seems like Obama's winning, doesn't it?

Read more @ No union mines left in Kentucky, where labor wars once raged

Reading the history of the area is sad and filled with violence. But, what this article DOESN'T deal with is that even more mines are shutting down because of Obama's War on Coal. While Kentucky's overall unemployment rate is 5.2%, the report @ Kentucky Economy at a Glance says miners are @ 14.9%.

Obama said he was going to destroy the coal industry....winning!!!

Coal is killing the planet. May it rest in peace. The miners had to unionize to protect themselves against the evil mine owners. It's funny that those evil mine owners are now trying to gain sympathy for their evilness by whining on the backs of those same miners.

Last edited:
Coal is killing the planet. May it rest in peace. The miners had to unionize to protect themselves against the evil mine owners. It's funny that those evil mine owners are now trying to gain sympathy for their evilness by whining on the backs of those same miners.
Global warming hoaxer opportunists are killing the planet. Or at least they're killing the poorest people on the planet by choking off economies.
Obama and AGW alarmists are murderers.

Obama said he was going to destroy the coal industry....winning!!!
Ain't that piece of shit in our White House wonderful? God, the wisdom of our liberal brothas. They're about to impart more wisdom in 2016 by electing a liar and scoundress.

Coal isn't killing the planet...it has allowed us to advance far beyond any other fuel source could....and we live longer, healthier lives because of our easy access to energy. You luddites in the green hoax movement need to learn science and stop praying to the green goddess, she doesn't have your best interest in mind....

Now let us cry for all the people that used to clean the stables and were put out of work by the automobile.

How about crying for all the men that have died early, or are presently dying, from black lung? Or are you going to deny that is a problem like you 'Conservatives' did for asbestos?

Coal isn't killing the planet...it has allowed us to advance far beyond any other fuel source could....and we live longer, healthier lives because of our easy access to energy. You luddites in the green hoax movement need to learn science and stop praying to the green goddess, she doesn't have your best interest in mind....

Yes, coal fueled the industrial revolution and we are grateful. However, now we have the resources and science to advance to cleaner energy. It's called progress. Mountaintop removal coal mining is evil.

028.jpg

Mountaintop removal at Oven Fork, near Whitesburg (Letcher County, KY)

Yes, coal fueled the industrial revolution and we are grateful. However, now we have the resources and science to advance to cleaner energy. It's called progress. Mountaintop removal coal mining is evil.

028.jpg

How is is evil.....they are piles of dirt. Once we have the coal, green stuff will grow over them and we can build homes for people on them....couldn't do that before could we....
You luddites need to work on your understanding of science...

You are an evil liar, 2aguy. Those mines destroy watershed, and bleed poison into the water for generations. And then we taxpayers get to pay for the cleanup. I have flown over those, and they are open wounds on the landscape.

028.jpg

You do know they do the same thing for windmills

The whole whale oil industry died off thanks to petroleum based oil and gasoline....Let's go back to whale oil like humans are suppose to...

028.jpg

How is is evil.....they are piles of dirt. Once we have the coal, green stuff will grow over them and we can build homes for people on them....couldn't do that before could we....

I challenge you to Google the following: "Harmful effects of mountaintop removal coal mining"...

Now let us cry for all the people that used to clean the stables and were put out of work by the automobile.

How about crying for all the men that have died early, or are presently dying, from black lung? Or are you going to deny that is a problem like you 'Conservatives' did for asbestos?

Yeah...the asbestos thing was a scam too.......and since the first coal mines came in when technology was primitive...how is coal mining at that time horrible....as technology increased they improved mining techniques...and now we fraq......you luddites think that we haven't proggressed past the stage of having canaries in mines......read up....you green worshipers need to let go of your religious beliefs and understand technological progress.....morons.

The whole whale oil industry died off thanks to petroleum based oil and gasoline....Let's go back to whale oil like humans are suppose to...
You are headed that direction......unreliable grid and power sources = higher prices and lost jobs

028.jpg

I challenge you to Google the following: "Harmful effects of mountaintop removal coal mining"...

That is why I support fracking. There is a cost to any energy resource gathering, even solar and wind.......look up the effects of those industries and the by products created by solar panels and wind turbines....

You are an evil liar, 2aguy. Those mines destroy watershed, and bleed poison into the water for generations. And then we taxpayers get to pay for the cleanup. I have flown over those, and they are open wounds on the landscape.

Fuck you. Name any energy resource that doesn't do temporary harm.......and I support nuclear energy too...because it is much cleaner......build some nuclear plants and then we can stop doing coal......

028.jpg

That is why I support fracking. There is a cost to any energy resource gathering, even solar and wind.......look up the effects of those industries and the by products created by solar panels and wind turbines....

So what? It's much less harmful than mining and burning coal.

028.jpg

You do know they do the same thing for windmills
You know you are a damned liar. You go ahead and post a picture of where they have done anything like this to put in windmills.

Fuck you. Name any energy resource that doesn't do temporary harm.......and I support nuclear energy too...because it is much cleaner......build some nuclear plants and then we can stop doing coal......

Fuck you? Wow, sounds like you're losing the argument.

Forum List

Back