No Solar Power/Electricity Tonight

We are NOT paying for Demclone policies increasing Power prices to exorbitant levels. In eight months we have "saved" about $1800 bucks in electricity costs and have another $200 in credit. At $2000 approx return per year we will have paid off a system that is GUARANTEED for 25 years in five; but it is more the insurance against the idiot green policies favoured by Governments. Ours was a cold commercial decision against the sheer vindictiveness of left leaning Governments. We simply recognise that the lefties have virtually made our electricity system a third world disaster; we were once the cheapest anywhere.

The relevant graph is on p5.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.aemo.com.au/-/media/Files/Electricity/NEM/Planning_and_Forecasting/Demand-Forecasts/EFI/Jacobs-Retail-electricity-price-history-and-projections_Final-Public-Report-June-2017.pdf

Greg
When I speak of solar I speak of large scale industrial solar.

people off the grid do not concern me

But, residential that is government subsidized is a concern.

Residential, where the government has the courts ignore the laws that rule and regulate the utilities in order to make solar artificially competitive is also concern.

When I speak of solar I speak of large scale industrial solar.

people off the grid do not concern me

But, residential that is government subsidized is a concern.

Residential, where the government has the courts ignore the laws that rule and regulate the utilities in order to make solar artificially competitive is also concern.
Spot on. Bru!!!

Greg

Or we could call it, Columbia, which would need no fuel for 30 years

We currently operate nuclear reactors that need no new fuel for 30 years.

I worked at 3 mile island, a great plant. Not a dominate design.

Of course, if you had a little bit of knowledge, why did you leave out Fermi and Waltz Mill. Waltz Mill clearly worst than three mile island?
Interestingly enough, the safety systems worked as designed at three mile island and there was no disaster, yet people act like it was a catastrophic failure.

Solar panels are a product from the oil industry. They are pure petroleum chemicals
They are mostly silicon, although some oil derivatives are part of the panels. That is not the problem however, the problem is the amount of energy needed to create them. The current price reflects a "subsidy" from fossil fuel energy.

They are mostly silicon, although some oil derivatives are part of the panels. That is not the problem however, the problem is the amount of energy needed to create them. The current price reflects a "subsidy" from fossil fuel energy.
I am working at america's largest polysilcon plant in the world. Yes, I guess you can say they are mostly silica, turned into silicon, turned into polysilicon.

It is very much a chemical process, chemicals that come from petroleum. I guess I could of worded it different.

When stating where solar panels come from, certainly it is silica, a product of mining. But that said, you do not make polysilicon without tons of chemicals that only comes from the Fossil Fuel industry.

That is why I said it is a product of the Fossil Fuel industry. What I need to do is figure out how many tons of chemicals per pound of polysilcon.

For such a dangerous place, this Solar Polysilicon chemical plant, is pretty clean.

I am working at america's largest polysilcon plant in the world. Yes, I guess you can say they are mostly silica, turned into silicon, turned into polysilicon.

It is very much a chemical process, chemicals that come from petroleum. I guess I could of worded it different.

When stating where solar panels come from, certainly it is silica, a product of mining. But that said, you do not make polysilicon without tons of chemicals that only comes from the Fossil Fuel industry.

That is why I said it is a product of the Fossil Fuel industry. What I need to do is figure out how many tons of chemicals per pound of polysilcon.

For such a dangerous place, this Solar Polysilicon chemical plant, is pretty clean.
The problem is CO2, so as long as oil is not burned the usage of oil in other products is ok. We will keep using oil for lubricants, asphalt and plastic.

Yes, I am right again, there is no electricity being produced by solar panels tonight. Seems dumb to say, but look at what happens when we search that very idea.

no solar power at night is my search
And of course, because there must be millions of idiots buying or having solar panels installed, even the dumbest questions are treated serious

any good propaganda site must include a positive answer no matter how ridiculous,

Will my solar panels produce less electricity on cloudy days? Well, no need in confusing anyone, so let us just say there is a chance you will get more power on cloudy days!

Amazing, Solar and Wind power know no bounds when it comes to lying

Do you really think that the folks setting all this up don't know that?

1706847814702.png

Yes, I am right again, there is no electricity being produced by solar panels tonight. Seems dumb to say, but look at what happens when we search that very idea.

no solar power at night is my search
And of course, because there must be millions of idiots buying or having solar panels installed, even the dumbest questions are treated serious

any good propaganda site must include a positive answer no matter how ridiculous,

Will my solar panels produce less electricity on cloudy days? Well, no need in confusing anyone, so let us just say there is a chance you will get more power on cloudy days!

Amazing, Solar and Wind power know no bounds when it comes to lying

Where is anyone saying you'll get more power on cloudy days?? :confused-84:

It's not viable at this point in time. The machines still need juice, though.
Wind Turbines, draw electricity from the grid, which is unaccounted for. They need to keep warm, they need to communicate with the operators via radio. They have computers that must stay on. They have hydraulics that must be operated. Pitch and Yaw controls. Brakes in high wind. Warning lights.

The problem is CO2, so as long as oil is not burned the usage of oil in other products is ok. We will keep using oil for lubricants, asphalt and plastic.
There is no problem with CO2, it is needed for life and is at a historic low.

The products you listed, all "burn" causing CO2 to be emitted into the air. Which is good.

of course they know it, they also know it is destroying our country and is bad for the environment

it is a step backward in time and technology
Their goal is to limit and control resources.

They never mentioned this at the Disney GE carousel.

When spent nuclear fuel can be rendered inert it will be time to consider a viable option. The safety of using nuclear power is not to be measured by the likelihood (even if it's low) of accidents but by the consequences of that accident. It was not likely in the short term that a 9.5 earthquake off the coast of Japan would cause a tsunami but it happened and the results were a catastrophe for the people of Fukushima and Japan.

If people vote for nuclear power they should be forced to store the spent fuel in the same location that it was used. No pushing your ticking time bomb off onto states or communities that did not vote for it..

Naysayers will always dig pitfalls and drop stumbling blocks but they have no answers for the challenges of the future. The ignorant positions of the anti-government types equate to little more than regression.
Progress is the business of Americans and can do Americans are ready to lead the way to a better future of clean renewable energy.

When spent nuclear fuel can be rendered inert it will be time to consider a viable option. The safety of using nuclear power is not to be measured by the likelihood (even if it's low) of accidents but by the consequences of that accident. It was not likely in the short term that a 9.5 earthquake off the coast of Japan would cause a tsunami but it happened and the results were a catastrophe for the people of Fukushima and Japan.

If people vote for nuclear power they should be forced to store the spent fuel in the same location that it was used. No pushing your ticking time bomb off onto states or communities that did not vote for it..

Naysayers will always dig pitfalls and drop stumbling blocks but they have no answers for the challenges of the future. The ignorant positions of the anti-government types equate to little more than regression.
Progress is the business of Americans and can do Americans are ready to lead the way to a better future of clean renewable energy.
Nuclear is viable right now.

Interestingly enough, the safety systems worked as designed at three mile island and there was no disaster, yet people act like it was a catastrophic failure.
The Leftists couldn't let an opportunity like a mishap at a nuke facility go to waste. It set us back 40 years behind where we should be developing and deploying nuclear energy.

Forum List

Back