No Solar Power/Electricity Tonight

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Jewitt City, Connecticut
Yes, I am right again, there is no electricity being produced by solar panels tonight. Seems dumb to say, but look at what happens when we search that very idea.

no solar power at night is my search
And of course, because there must be millions of idiots buying or having solar panels installed, even the dumbest questions are treated serious
If you've been wondering, "do solar panels work at night or on cloudy days?" you're certainly not alone. While they don't work at night, you will still be able to use excess electricity depending on your system. On cloudy days, they will still be able to work, generating 10-25% of their normal power output.

any good propaganda site must include a positive answer no matter how ridiculous,

Will my solar panels produce less electricity on cloudy days? Well, no need in confusing anyone, so let us just say there is a chance you will get more power on cloudy days!

In some cases, clouds can actually result in better panel performance than standard sunny weather. A cloud can reflect or sometimes even magnify sunlight, which results in additional power output from your solar panels.

Amazing, Solar and Wind power know no bounds when it comes to lying

I believe that sooner or later we will develop sophisticated means of storing solar power. It's energy directly from the sun. I find it hard to believe that ultimately the capturing of direct sunlight will prove to be less efficient than combusting ancient bio goo that originally got its energy from the sun as well. It doesn't make any sense. With the advancement of technology solar will prove to be far more efficient. I strongly believe that.

Yes, I am right again, there is no electricity being produced by solar panels tonight. Seems dumb to say, but look at what happens when we search that very idea.

And of course, because there must be millions of idiots buying or having solar panels installed, even the dumbest questions are treated serious

any good propaganda site must include a positive answer no matter how ridiculous,

Will my solar panels produce less electricity on cloudy days? Well, no need in confusing anyone, so let us just say there is a chance you will get more power on cloudy days!

we eed to do something about that. maybe we could invent something totally new and call it a "battery" or a "capacitor" or a "flywheel" or a
"water tower" or a ...........

I believe that sooner or later we will develop sophisticated means of storing solar power. It's energy directly from the sun. I find it hard to believe that ultimately the capturing of direct sunlight will prove to be less efficient than combusting ancient bio goo that originally got its energy from the sun as well. It doesn't make any sense. With the advancement of technology solar will prove to be far more efficient. I strongly believe that.
I knew it! ..... Oil/NG is really "green energy"! ;)

Why go through all the bother? Everyready and Duracell have been researching batteries for a century. Diehard has researched batteries for a century. Now we need more research?

The sun's energy is simply to weak. We need 1000's of square miles of solar panels, destroying farmland, forests, and pristine desert.

Solar consumes raw materials by the millions of tons. All processed by heavy industry. Thus solar is a new source of CO2 released into the atmosphere (which is food for life).

200,000 to 400,000 tons of CO2 everyday contributed by solar and wind.

The first solar cell was invented in 1883. The solar cell has been researched and developed longer than the invention of the computer.

We do not need short lived solar panels, we need electric power plants that last 50 to a 100 years, that is nuclear power. Speaking of which, a nuclear power plant is a battery, releasing it's power over a span of 30 years.

30 years, we are operating small nuclear reactors that operate 30 years without the need of fuel. Now that is what I call a battery.

Why go through all the bother? Everyready and Duracell have been researching batteries for a century. Diehard has researched batteries for a century. Now we need more research?

The sun's energy is simply to weak. We need 1000's of square miles of solar panels, destroying farmland, forests, and pristine desert.

Solar consumes raw materials by the millions of tons. All processed by heavy industry. Thus solar is a new source of CO2 released into the atmosphere (which is food for life).

200,000 to 400,000 tons of CO2 everyday contributed by solar and wind.

The first solar cell was invented in 1883. The solar cell has been researched and developed longer than the invention of the computer.

We do not need short lived solar panels, we need electric power plants that last 50 to a 100 years, that is nuclear power. Speaking of which, a nuclear power plant is a battery, releasing it's power over a span of 30 years.

30 years, we are operating small nuclear reactors that operate 30 years without the need of fuel. Now that is what I call a battery.
Technology is multiplicative. We learn more and more faster and faster all the time. Solar technology has been improving rapidly over the past 20 years specifically and shows no signs of slowing down. I don't know what the top end is for solar technology, but my belief is that it's pretty high. I think we will all be floored by the things we see in the next 20 or 30 years.

I support nuclear too. I think it's one of the most powerful forces in our universe. There is a lot of work to do when it comes to public perception though. Chernobyl still terrifies people, even though that was a lifetime ago with inferior technology.

Technology is multiplicative. We learn more and more faster and faster all the time. Solar technology has been improving rapidly over the past 20 years specifically and shows no signs of slowing down. I don't know what the top end is for solar technology, but my belief is that it's pretty high. I think we will all be floored by the things we see in the next 20 or 30 years.

I support nuclear too. I think it's one of the most powerful forces in our universe. There is a lot of work to do when it comes to public perception though. Chernobyl still terrifies people, even though that was a lifetime ago with inferior technology.
Yes, Solar has improved, but you can only get so much out of the sun. What is proven is we need hundreds of square miles of land. Thousands of square miles of land.

$100 trillion and more is to be spent on solar. The equivalent amount, spent by the government on nuclear power would give us free electricity.

Solar and Wind have been driving up the cost of electricity across the world.

Germany's industry is collapsing, due to the lack of electricity, due to all the solar panels and wind projects of the last decade.

Yes, Solar has improved, but you can only get so much out of the sun. What is proven is we need hundreds of square miles of land. Thousands of square miles of land.

$100 trillion and more is to be spent on solar. The equivalent amount, spent by the government on nuclear power would give us free electricity.

Solar and Wind have been driving up the cost of electricity across the world.

Germany's industry is collapsing, due to the lack of electricity, due to all the solar panels and wind projects of the last decade.
I think solar and nuclear will dominate the future.

ha ha ha.. I live in Maine. There is usually thick snow on the roof. no light until April. :)

In the last few weeks we have had maybe 20% of the time sunshine here in Central Florida. And we are "the Sunshine State".

Solar power sucks. Terrible unreliable expensive energy. No wonder the only way it is built is because of stupid government subsidies.

maybe we could call it Chernobyl or fukushima or 3 mile island.
Or we could call it, Columbia, which would need no fuel for 30 years

We currently operate nuclear reactors that need no new fuel for 30 years.

I worked at 3 mile island, a great plant. Not a dominate design.

Of course, if you had a little bit of knowledge, why did you leave out Fermi and Waltz Mill. Waltz Mill clearly worst than three mile island?

As much as I like solar panels, I have to admit that unless a breakthrough is made reducing the amount of energy it takes to produce them, they are not a feasible replacement for conventional oil/gas.
Regarding storage. Pumped hydro is the cheapest method available to date. The combination is not energy efficient ( it is as inefficient as gas and oil obtained from fracking).
As of 2024 the only non-carbon viable option is nuclear energy.

As much as I like solar panels, I have to admit that unless a breakthrough is made reducing the amount of energy it takes to produce them, they are not a feasible replacement for conventional oil/gas.
Regarding storage. Pumped hydro is the cheapest method available to date. The combination is not energy efficient ( it is as inefficient as gas and oil obtained from fracking).
Solar panels are a product from the oil industry. They are pure petroleum chemicals

We are NOT paying for Demclone policies increasing Power prices to exorbitant levels. In eight months we have "saved" about $1800 bucks in electricity costs and have another $200 in credit. At $2000 approx return per year we will have paid off a system that is GUARANTEED for 25 years in five; but it is more the insurance against the idiot green policies favoured by Governments. Ours was a cold commercial decision against the sheer vindictiveness of left leaning Governments. We simply recognise that the lefties have virtually made our electricity system a third world disaster; we were once the cheapest anywhere.

The relevant graph is on p5.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.aemo.com.au/-/media/Files/Electricity/NEM/Planning_and_Forecasting/Demand-Forecasts/EFI/Jacobs-Retail-electricity-price-history-and-projections_Final-Public-Report-June-2017.pdf

Greg

They are if your idiot Government has destroyed the efficiency of the bloody Electricity grid.

NB: we are subtropical where we live.

Greg

So why use shit NOW which is almost useless but for Government stupidity and vindictiveness!!??

Greg

Forum List

Back