NO MONEY to Sanctuary Cities/States/Counties

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Trump has threatened to withhold aid money to governments that have sanctuary policies for illegal aliens. Good.

And together with that, the leaders of these traitorous governments should be arrested. Convicting them should be easy, since they signed their names to these illegal sanctuary policies, by actually passing laws to shield illegal aliens from detection, and conceal them.

Slam dunk.

Trump has threatened to withhold aid money to governments that have sanctuary policies for illegal aliens. Good.

And together with that, the leaders of these traitorous governments should be arrested. Convicting them should be easy, since they signed their names to these illegal sanctuary policies, by actually passing laws to shield illegal aliens from detection, and conceal them.

Slam dunk.
MAGA!!!

Slam dunk.

Not a slam dunk. EVERYTHING has a price and all that glitters is not gold.

In 1997 local sheriffs went to the United States Supreme Court, refusing to enforce the Brady Bill background check. The United States Supreme Court agreed. States cannot be compelled to enforce unconstitutional laws. When undocumented foreigners had to defend their position, the local governments went to court citing the same law that protected gun owners.

Today, there are hundreds of "Second Amendment Sanctuary Cities" popping up all over America. They know that Red Flag Laws are coming and Biden has already told the American people he's coming for their guns. The gun owners are counting on the law protecting sanctuary that was established in 1997 to keep state and local governments from coming into towns to take the guns from the people. You are advocating taking that leverage away. Once you do, your state and local governments must, by law, enforce federal laws, Executive Orders, etc. regardless of how tyrannical. Forewarned is forearmed.

Slam dunk.

In 1997 local sheriffs went to the United States Supreme Court, refusing to enforce the Brady Bill background check. The United States Supreme Court agreed. States cannot be compelled to enforce unconstitutional laws. When undocumented foreigners had to defend their position, the local governments went to court citing the same law that protected gun owners.

Today, there are hundreds of "Second Amendment Sanctuary Cities" popping up all over America. They know that Red Flag Laws are coming and Biden has already told the American people he's coming for their guns. The gun owners are counting on the law protecting sanctuary that was established in 1997 to keep state and local governments from coming into towns to take the guns from the people. You are advocating taking that leverage away. Once you do, your state and local governments must, by law, enforce federal laws, Executive Orders, etc. regardless of how tyrannical. Forewarned is forearmed.
Apparently, you have a problem with your comprehension...

The OP mentioned WITHOLDING FEDERAL FUNDS (not large-scale raids)...

So until the government starts giving people money to buy guns (and threatening to withhold it from individuals that won't obey the law), you're comparing apples to oranges...

Slam dunk.

I'm not advocating anything about guns. Nor am I advocating that "
state and local governments must, by law, enforce federal laws, Executive Orders, etc."

I am advocating that everyone abide by federal law (including lawbreaking leaders of illegal sanctuary cities) >>

US Code 8, Section 1324

(a) Criminal penalties
(1)
(A)
Any person who—

(iii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation;

v)(I) engages in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts, or

(II) aids or abets the commission of any of the preceding acts,

shall be punished as provided in subparagraph (B).

(B) A person who violates subparagraph (A) shall, for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs—

(i) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i) or (v)(I) or in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), or (iv) in which the offense was done for the purpose of commercial advantage or private financial gain, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both;

(ii) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), (iv), or (v)(II), be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;

(iii) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) during and in relation to which the person causes serious bodily injury (as defined in section 1365 of title 18) to, or places in jeopardy the life of, any person, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and

(iv) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) resulting in the death of any person, be punished by death or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, fined under title 18, or both.

The sanctuary city violators are serious criminals. In the case of those whose sanctuary granting resulted in the death of innocent people, those responsible sanctuary mayors, city councilmen, or whatever, could receive the death penalty. Read the statute. >>

Last edited:

Slam dunk.

Apparently, you have a problem with your comprehension...

The OP mentioned WITHOLDING FEDERAL FUNDS (not large-scale raids)...

So until the government starts giving people money to buy guns (and threatening to withhold it from individuals that won't obey the law), you're comparing apples to oranges...

The federal government subsidizes a lot of state and local activity.

Slam dunk.

I'm not advocating anything about guns. Nor am I advocating that "
state and local governments must, by law, enforce federal laws, Executive Orders, etc."

I am advocating that everyone abide by federal law (including lawbreaking leaders of illegal sanctuary cities) >>

US Code 8, Section 1324

(a) Criminal penalties
(1)
(A)
Any person who—

(iii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation;

v)(I) engages in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts, or

(B) A person who violates subparagraph (A) shall, for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs—

(i) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i) or (v)(I) or in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), or (iv) in which the offense was done for the purpose of commercial advantage or private financial gain, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both;

(ii) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), (iv), or (v)(II), be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;

(iii) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) during and in relation to which the person causes serious bodily injury (as defined in section 1365 of title 18) to, or places in jeopardy the life of, any person, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and

(iv) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) resulting in the death of any person, be punished by death or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, fined under title 18, or both.

The sanctuary city violators are serious criminals. In the case of those whose sanctuary granting resulted in the death of innocent people, those responsible sanctuary mayors, city councilmen, or whatever, could receive the death penalty. Read the statute. >>

You may have heard of this thing called the 14th Amendment. It's in the Constitution. It means that every person is guaranteed the equal protection of the laws. If we employ state and local officials to enforce immigration laws, then state and local officials must enforce ALL federal laws. Doing that negates the separation of powers as contemplated in the Constitution of the United States.

When the government begins rounding up all the firearms as Joe Biden has promised to do, local and state Second Amendment Sanctuary Cities will not be protected because you wanted a ONE WORLD POLICE FORCE. Right now the feds cannot compel state and local officials from enforcing any unconstitutional law due to sanctuary. You cannot separate the concept and apply what you want just to immigration. The principle will apply to ALL of the laws on the books. That means that when Joe Biden becomes president, he can order state and local officials to confiscate all high capacity magazines and all semi-auto firearms. Currently the federal government cannot compel state and local officials to enforce federal laws. I realize you want the law to apply only to undocumented foreigners; the reality is, the law don't work that way. The reason sanctuary cities exist today is because the United States Supreme Court said that the federal government could not force state and local governments to enforce the Brady Bill (which is a gun law.) It's known as the anti-commandeering doctrine. The legal principle is that state and local governments cannot be compelled to enforce the unconstitutional law you cite above. IF you could prevail, then Second Amendment Sanctuary Cities would be deemed illegal in the future and pro gun law enforcement officials would be compelled to take your weapon. Currently those Second Amendment Sanctuary Cities rest assured that their local law enforcement will not comply with tyrannical gun laws.

You may have heard of this thing called the 14th Amendment. It's in the Constitution. It means that every person is guaranteed the equal protection of the laws. If we employ state and local officials to enforce immigration laws, then state and local officials must enforce ALL federal laws. Doing that negates the separation of powers as contemplated in the Constitution of the United States.

When the government begins rounding up all the firearms as Joe Biden has promised to do, local and state Second Amendment Sanctuary Cities will not be protected because you wanted a ONE WORLD POLICE FORCE. Right now the feds cannot compel state and local officials from enforcing any unconstitutional law due to sanctuary. You cannot separate the concept and apply what you want just to immigration. The principle will apply to ALL of the laws on the books. That means that when Joe Biden becomes president, he can order state and local officials to confiscate all high capacity magazines and all semi-auto firearms. Currently the federal government cannot compel state and local officials to enforce federal laws. I realize you want the law to apply only to undocumented foreigners; the reality is, the law don't work that way. The reason sanctuary cities exist today is because the United States Supreme Court said that the federal government could not force state and local governments to enforce the Brady Bill (which is a gun law.) It's known as the anti-commandeering doctrine. The legal principle is that state and local governments cannot be compelled to enforce the unconstitutional law you cite above. IF you could prevail, then Second Amendment Sanctuary Cities would be deemed illegal in the future and pro gun law enforcement officials would be compelled to take your weapon. Currently those Second Amendment Sanctuary Cities rest assured that their local law enforcement will not comply with tyrannical gun laws.
"
We'v been through this before. I'm not talking about "employ state and local officials to enforce immigration laws" I'm talking about those officials ABIDING BY US law. And if they don't - they go to jail, just like anyone else.

And since they haven't, with positive proof documented in their Sanctuary laws, they should all be in federal prisons right now. Possibly some of them, whose crimes resulted in loss of life, should receive the death penalty.

US Code 8, Section 1324

(a) Criminal penalties
(1)
(A) Any person who—

v)(I)
engages in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts, or

Last edited:

"
We'v been through this before. I'm not talking about "employ state and local officials to enforce immigration laws" I'm talking about those officials ABIDING BY US law. And if they don't - they go to jail, just like anyone else.

And since they haven't, with positive proof documented in their Sanctuary laws, they should all be in federal prisons right now. Possibly some of them, whose crimes resulted in loss of life, should receive the death penalty.

US Code 8, Section 1324

(a) Criminal penalties
(1)
(A) Any person who—

v)(I)
engages in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts, or

State and local officials cannot break those laws. They are citizens. What part of this do you not understand? There is no law for them to abide by.

Unless there is a criminal warrant out for an undocumented foreigner, there is not a damn thing the federal government can do to force a state to do anything. The United States Supreme Court has spoken: "It is not a crime for an unauthorized alien to remain in the United States." Pretend that you are talking directly to a state / local LEO. What, exactly do you want them to do?

I oppose withholding health-related Federal funding to punish the citizens of any such jurisdiction.

I favor US Marshals arresting (and the DoJ prosecuting) leaders (past and present) responsible for any such Sanctuary status.

The charges?

a) Conspiracy to circumvent and undermine Federal immigration law
b) sheltering Federal lawbreakers
c) interfering with Federal law enforcement operations.

As well as littering, jaywalking, and whatever else can be made to stick.

It would be great to see US Marshals descending the steps of the San Francisco City Hall with the handcuffed Mayor in tow.

I oppose withholding health-related Federal funding to punish the citizens of any such jurisdiction.

I favor US Marshals arresting (and the DoJ prosecuting) leaders (past and present) responsible for any such Sanctuary status.

The charges?

It would be great to see US Marshals descending the steps of the San Francisco City Hall with the handcuffed Mayor in tow.

In other words, you would shit on the Constitution and create a one world government. You'll be pissed to know that it was pro-gun, conservative constitutionalists that created the very precedent you hate so much.

Slam dunk.

That is going nowhere. They are not committing any crimes. State and local governments are not required to cooperate with ICE. They are not breaking any laws. We should slam dunk your head.

The charges?

a.) There is no such law and any law like that would be unconstitutional.
b.) There are not being hidden in any government building.
c.) Not cooperating is not interfering.

3 strikes and you are out.

State and local officials cannot break those laws. They are citizens. What part of this do you not understand? There is no law for them to abide by.

Unless there is a criminal warrant out for an undocumented foreigner, there is not a damn thing the federal government can do to force a state to do anything. The United States Supreme Court has spoken: "It is not a crime for an unauthorized alien to remain in the United States." Pretend that you are talking directly to a state / local LEO. What, exactly do you want them to do?
Can't break this law ? LOL. Why not ? They're above the law ?

Nice attempt at deflection. We're not talking about criminal warrants. Nor are we talking about illegal aliens remaining in the United States. The statute (US Code 8, Section 1324) is easy to read and understand. THAT is what we're talking about >>> "knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection,"

And what I want them to do, is go to federal prison for violating US Code 8 Section 1324. It's waaay too late fro them to "do" anything now.

The charges?

Of course. Should have been done YEARS AGO. When US Code 8 Section 1324 was first enacted. Every US DOJ since then, has been negligent. Good post.

Forum List

Back