No Knock Warrants

Flopper

Gold Member
Reaction score
Across the country legislatures, police departments and even congress are looking at banning No Knock Warrants. There seems to be very little support for them with the exception of the cop who has to stand at the door announcing the warrant and waiting to get his head blown off. My question is will eliminating No Knock Warrants save lives?

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Across the country legislatures, police departments and even congress are looking at banning No Knock Warrants. There seems to be very little support for them with the exception of the cop who has to stand at the door announcing the warrant and waiting to get his head blown off. My question is will eliminating No Knock Warrants save lives?
Knock at the front, but not at the back.

buckeye45_73

Lakhota's my *****
Reaction score
I think no knock warrants should re restricted....they really should only be used if you know they have any army. So like a mob boss or cartel kingpin, I could see them, but regular folks, you shouldn't use them

toobfreak

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I think so many of them have gone so disastrously wrong that they have to be eliminated.

Cops will need to just knock on a door, wait for it to be answered, then ask if these are the people they expect (right house) then tell them they have a warrant and why. Then if the people do something crazy, run, etc., the cops are justified.

If only police took at much care to get things right as hospitals do.

If once and a while some pills get flushed down the toilet, this is a better price to pay than blowing the head of an unarmed woman at the wrong address who wasn't even party to who they were looking for.

White 6

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes. It will save lives, though may be harder to collect small quantity drug evidence. For me it would save a cop's life and my life.
There is nothing to be gained, accept small flush able or flash burn evidence in no knock warrants. Innocent people and criminals well within their rights to shoot if somebody is breaking in unannounced.

progressive hunter

Platinum Member
Reaction score
they should only be used when theres an overwhelmingly known danger of resistance,,,

OnePercenter

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think no knock warrants should re restricted....they really should only be used if you know they have any army. So like a mob boss or cartel kingpin, I could see them, but regular folks, you shouldn't use them
Regular folks don't have the police show up with a warrant.

SavannahMann

Gold Member
Reaction score
they should only be used when theres an overwhelmingly known danger of resistance,,,
And three seconds is too much of a risk? Nonsense.

progressive hunter

Platinum Member
Reaction score
3 seconds of what???

progressive hunter

Platinum Member
Reaction score
its happened many times,,,

buckeye45_73

Lakhota's my *****
Reaction score
I'm talking about run of the mill criminals.......no knock warrants are so the criminal can't react to the police......the idea is good, but for small time stuff, it's risk outweighs it's reward......But if you suprise a cartel kingpin, then they may save lives.....it's nuanced position......

Reaction score
No need to eliminate no knocks. There will always be situations where it is warranted and preferred.

Last edited:

OnePercenter

Gold Member
Reaction score
The three seconds is when the SWAT truck is pulling off the front of the house.

Uncensored2008

Libertarian Radical
Reaction score
I "no knock" warrant isn't a warrant at all. It is a perversion of the Constitution and an attempt to subvert the 4th Amendment.

{

Amendment 4
- Protection from Unreasonable Searches and Seizures

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized.

}

I don't give a shit if it makes it harder for cops, the rights of the people must be protected from abuse.
Get a warrant, announce who you are and what your purpose is.

OnePercenter

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about run of the mill criminals.......no knock warrants are so the criminal can't react to the police......the idea is good, but for small time stuff, it's risk outweighs it's reward......But if you suprise a cartel kingpin, then they may save lives.....it's nuanced position......
Define: "run of the mill criminals."

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List