No Knock Warrants

I "no knock" warrant isn't a warrant at all. It is a perversion of the Constitution and an attempt to subvert the 4th Amendment.

{

Amendment 4
- Protection from Unreasonable Searches and Seizures

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized.

}

I don't give a shit if it makes it harder for cops, the rights of the people must be protected from abuse.
Get a warrant, announce who you are and what your purpose is.
Face facts; You don't "give a shit" about cops safety.

Where does it say the cops safety is more important than the fourth amendment?
Cops have a warrant. No 4th issue.

And the type of warrant is what we are discussing.

My question is will eliminating No Knock Warrants save lives?

This little feller spent some time in a coma after a S.W.A.T. tossed a grenade into his crib through the window.

article-2643344-1E52078D00000578-637_636x382.jpg
I'm not connected to law enforcement and have no way of knowing how police will responds if they can't get a no knock warrant but they would probably surround the premises with overwhelming force and announce the warrant. Instead surprising the occupants and clearing out each room trying make sure they don't shot any innocents, it seems much more likely that there would end up being a massacre. The police would not just enter a building with dangerous armed suspects waiting for them.

Last edited:
I think no knock warrants should re restricted....they really should only be used if you know they have any army. So like a mob boss or cartel kingpin, I could see them, but regular folks, you shouldn't use them
Regular folks don't have the police show up with a warrant.
They do these days.
Chief: Tennessee officers broke down door of innocent family
Family frightened as Texas officers break into wrong home to serve warrant
A Father Defends His Daughter with a Shotgun When Cops Break Into the Wrong House
Police officers break down door, raid wrong house in Chicago

Actually is has been killing people for years.
Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House
L E B A N O N, Tenn. -- A 61-year-old man was shot to death by
police while his wife was handcuffed in another room during a drug
raid on the wrong house.
Cops Break Into Wrong Home, Shoot Innocent Homeowner, Kill His Dog, Then Shoot Each Other

It can happen to you.., tonight..., It's a real thing.
IT is, there was an arrest warrant for a person that had the same name as my mom (middle initials were different), but they did show up at our house and the only time i've seen my dad shaken, they did the loud pound on the door......yeah it is a bit frightening, but we told them, my mom knew of the other person since she working databases in politics and they went an arrested the other person..... this was in the mid 2000's so it can happen.

IT's why with no knock warrants, you shouldn't use them unless you are targeting someone with a lot of guards or an army, hence the cartel and mob stuff......you don't need to surprise a 2 bit street dealer.
I agree. That is how no knock warrants got started. The DEA used them for major drug busts when they knew they were dealing with a number of armed criminals. The reason was two fold. It helped preserve evidence and there was less chance of lost of life. The problem was it worked so well, law enforcement agents have overused them. IMHO, no knock warrants should not be completely forbidden but they need to be limited and there needs to be real checking done to make sure they have the right location. I think responsibility for the mistakes that lead to these tragedies lie with the people that plan and approve the raids, not necessary the cops that carry them out.

Last edited:
Across the country legislatures, police departments and even congress are looking at banning No Knock Warrants. There seems to be very little support for them with the exception of the cop who has to stand at the door announcing the warrant and waiting to get his head blown off. My question is will eliminating No Knock Warrants save lives?

About time.. This has been a systemic problem of the Drug War for 30 years.. The "quality" of those warrants SUCK considering the consequences.. It AINT a racial problem -- it's a systemic law/justice problem. And the word of snitches, other dealers, neighbors, etc should NOT BE THE BAR for launching ANY raids..

For years, the Libertarians were out there trying to get reforms on this.. We care (I care) about police SAFETY as well.. So -- I will bet the whole farm -- that the QUALITY of evidence presented for warrants INCREASES dramatically if police can't go in with flash bangs, kill the dog, wake up Grammy, Papaw and end up SHOOTING Granny when she reaches for the nightstand to get her glasses on..

So -- so some drugs get flushed.. Are you SERIOUSLY interested in OUNCES of drugs? Or MAJOR dealers? I read a 100 stories on bad warrants, bad addresses, bad shootings connected with these. NOT worth the price or the "justice" to find a bong and some Rave drugs.

Way past time to end this insanity...

You can read Senator Rand Paul’s Justice for Breonna Taylor Act HERE.

If anyone has a better piece of legislation to deal with no-knock shakedowns, share it, please. Thanks!

No need to eliminate no knocks. There will always be situations where it is warranted and preferred.
“No Knock Warrant”

An oxymoron if there ever was one.

The problem is that most in law enforcement, the ‘law and order’ crowd, and far too many magistrates have contempt for the 4th Amendment.

If the situation is perceived by LE to be too dangerous, don’t execute the warrant.

No alleged criminal conduct is worth trampling the 4th Amendment and endangering citizens’ lives.

Across the country legislatures, police departments and even congress are looking at banning No Knock Warrants. There seems to be very little support for them with the exception of the cop who has to stand at the door announcing the warrant and waiting to get his head blown off. My question is will eliminating No Knock Warrants save lives?

No, it will cause more Law enforcement injuries and death....when police are raiding and drug house whether its manufacturing or dividing, when they knock the dealers have a dump plan and an escape plan. Those minutes are used for that, plus to arm themselves.

No knocks are important for the "SURPRISE" factor and that in itself keeps people safer

No Knock warrants get scum off the streets, so yes....they save lives.

If they do not announce the warrant then they are not specifying the place to be searched and the items to be seized, and are violating the 4th Amendment.

"No knock warrant" is an oxymoron, like "dry water" or "journalistic integrity."

Ridiculous. When you get a warrant to wire tap or perform surveillance, you don't tell the subject they are being tapped or surveilled.

If they do not announce the warrant then they are not specifying the place to be searched and the items to be seized, and are violating the 4th Amendment.

"No knock warrant" is an oxymoron, like "dry water" or "journalistic integrity."

Ridiculous. When you get a warrant to wire tap or perform surveillance, you don't tell the subject they are being tapped or surveilled.

Under the Constitution surveillance doesn't require a warrant. You are not searching the person or papers nor seizing items.

No Knock is unconstitutional.

Under the Constitution surveillance doesn't require a warrant. You are not searching the person or papers nor seizing items.

You need a warrant to tap a phone or data connection or to plant surveillance devices on a private property.

There is absolutely no need for armed men with weapons masks and body armor to be storming into anyone's home at 3 AM.

Seriously if that happened to you what would you do. I know what would happen if it was my house. The storm troopers would smash my door down and my dogs would go nuts so then the storm troopers would kill my dogs and I would be unloading with my shotgun.

So yes ending no knock warrants would most likely result in less death.

You need a warrant to tap a phone or data connection or to plant surveillance devices on a private property.
but not for eyes on surveillance.

There is absolutely no need for armed men with weapons masks and body armor to be storming into anyone's home at 3 AM.

Seriously if that happened to you what would you do. I know what would happen if it was my house. The storm troopers would smash my door down and my dogs would go nuts so then the storm troopers would kill my dogs and I would be unloading with my shotgun.

So yes ending no knock warrants would most likely result in less death.
I can think of dozens of reason for that to happen,,, among them being murder, rape, kidnapping and treason,,,

I would say they should be limited to major crimes, or when it is believed someone's life inside is in danger.
certainly not for minor narcotic violations.

Forum List

Back