No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
How does this phrase apply at work?

It is always unusual to me why all the good employees get treated like garbage and the crappy employees get whatever they want. Does anybody else think that is an example of ‘no good deed goes unpunished’ ?

I have been trying to figure out for years how to become a mediocre employee that doesn’t get fucked over constantly. Any tips?

How does this phrase apply at work?

It is always unusual to me why all the good employees get treated like garbage and the crappy employees get whatever they want. Does anybody else think that is an example of ‘no good deed goes unpunished’ ?

I have been trying to figure out for years how to become a mediocre employee that doesn’t get fucked over constantly. Any tips?
Sure, adhere to a policy of complete and utter lack of personal and professional ethics. That seems to be working for the ones I've observed getting away with everything ;-)

When I was watch commander I always tried to give the better employees under my charge the better postings, OT if they wanted it, didn't make them work OT if they didn't want it, and other little "perks" within my power to grant.

That said most supervisors chose the path of least resistance and took advantage of their good employees and let the "sorry" ones off the hook time and again.....I get it, it paid the same.

Forum List

Back