Ninety-one-year-old woman dies after waiting seven hours for Montreal ambulance

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This in addition to closed ERs and hospitals. They probably just said "she has lived long enough anyways, just forget about it". It's now also reported that Childrens Hospital in Montreal is advising new patients to NOT come if possible. We have 8 hour waits in Emergency Rooms.

THIS is the result of police state that has bankrupted us financially and morally.

If America stops supporting Canadas economy and demanding we uphold human rights, this would be fixed quickly. Email your local politician and Feds, hell, point to me on here I would be happy to assist. We are in DEEP trouble.

Montreal paramedics say staff shortages are to blame after an ambulance took seven hours to respond over the weekend to a call involving a 91-year-old woman who died before they arrived.

Urgences-sante spokesman Stephane Smith says the service received a call about a woman who fell and hurt her leg, adding that the call was categorized as Priority 4 — which is not considered urgent.

He says the woman’s condition was re-evaluated every hour and did not change, but he says by the time paramedics arrived Sunday morning, she was dead.

TVA has reported that the woman was named Therese Pardiac and that she had heart problems. The broadcaster quoted Pardiac’s daughter-in-law, who said the 911 call was for a possible hip fracture and the 91-year-old was suffering while waiting for the ambulance.

This in addition to closed ERs and hospitals. They probably just said "she has lived long enough anyways, just forget about it". It's now also reported that Childrens Hospital in Montreal is advising new patients to NOT come if possible. We have 8 hour waits in Emergency Rooms.

THIS is the result of police state that has bankrupted us financially and morally.

If America stops supporting Canadas economy and demanding we uphold human rights, this would be fixed quickly. Email your local politician and Feds, hell, point to me on here I would be happy to assist. We are in DEEP trouble.

Montreal paramedics say staff shortages are to blame after an ambulance took seven hours to respond over the weekend to a call involving a 91-year-old woman who died before they arrived.

Urgences-sante spokesman Stephane Smith says the service received a call about a woman who fell and hurt her leg, adding that the call was categorized as Priority 4 — which is not considered urgent.

He says the woman’s condition was re-evaluated every hour and did not change, but he says by the time paramedics arrived Sunday morning, she was dead.

TVA has reported that the woman was named Therese Pardiac and that she had heart problems. The broadcaster quoted Pardiac’s daughter-in-law, who said the 911 call was for a possible hip fracture and the 91-year-old was suffering while waiting for the ambulance.

My Cousin and my Aunt both worked as nurses in Canada and they both said Canadian healthcare sucked.

Forum List

Back