Canadian euthanasia...get rid of the old people.......Canadian government, they are monsters....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Great story about where government run healthcare will always end......it may take a while, but it will get there as the costs sky rocket, the quality goes down, and you are simply an expense they will no longer tolerate

Understandably controversial in itself, there are many horror stories surrounding its implementation. For example, as lifesitenews.com recently reported,

A 71-year-old widower was admitted to a Southwestern Ontario hospital after a fall. His family says during his admission he contracted an infectious diarrheal illness. He was humiliated by staff for the smell of his room, his family said. He developed a new shortness of breath that was not comprehensively assessed. In this context, a hospital team member suggested he would qualify for MAiD. The team said he had end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and it was terminal. The patient was surprised by the diagnosis but trusted the team. Within 48 hours of his first assessment, he received a medically assisted death. Post-mortem testing showed he did not have end-stage COPD. His family doctor, when notified of his death, also stated he did not have end-stage COPD, but the team had failed to contact her when they were assessing his history.
Oops. Sorry.

First, do no harm? Respect for life? Canadian nice?
---

Nonetheless, the Great White North’s federal “expert” panel on MAiD has recommended mental illness be added to the list of maladies making one eligible for MAiD……apparently without any legislative changes. How nice, euthanasia by administrative fiat. What could go wrong?

Have you ever watched a loved one die a slow cruel death over a period of months or years? I hope it never happens but if it does you will come away with a deep conviction that you'll find an easier way out.

The Radical Left Democrat Robert Reich once said that government healthcare should deny old people healthcare and just let them die.
BTW, Reich is 76 years old.
The Nazi Party also euthanized sick people.

Have you ever watched a loved one die a slow cruel death over a period of months or years? I hope it never happens but if it does you will come away with a deep conviction that you'll find an easier way out.

We aren't talking about that....we are talking about declaring the mentally ill as targets for killing....

Watching both of my parents die of long terminal illnesses, I can't fault anyone for wanting assisted suicide.

This person sounded like he was in pretty bad shape. If his doctors screwed up their diagnosis, sue them for malpractice.

How many people will you let the government kill? Because they are inconvenient?

We aren't talking about that....we are talking about declaring the mentally ill as targets for killing....
I don't care about your fever dreams. No one will ever undergo medical euthanasia against their will. No doctor will do it. The tyranny in America almost no one talks about is the phenomena known as medical heroism. People have to endure being kept alive long after life is no longer worth living. Not me. If only our medical system offered a ready escape from their attempts to make a terminal illness last as long as possible.

I don't care about your fever dreams. No one will ever undergo medical euthanasia against their will. No doctor will do it. The tyranny in America almost no one talks about is the phenomena known as medical heroism. People have to endure being kept alive long after life is no longer worth living. Not me. If only our medical system offered a ready escape from their attempts to make a terminal illness last as long as possible.
"medical heroism"

It's like having a DNR and someone saying no you don't.

"medical heroism"

It's like having a DNR and someone saying no you don't.
It's more like doctors being afraid they might get sued if the family does not think they have done enough to keep patients alive. This leads to treatments that merely prolong the inevitable. Like putting a cancer patent through chemo that might give them a few months at the cost of worse sickness and way more money.

Watching both of my parents die of long terminal illnesses, I can't fault anyone for wanting assisted suicide.

This person sounded like he was in pretty bad shape. If his doctors screwed up their diagnosis, sue them for malpractice.

The above is one thing.....

Canada is on a fast train to Nazi'ism.

How easy it will be to label Christian morals as hatefulness and they are mentally deranged and need to be eliminated.

How easy will it be to throw some Truck Drivers in jail... pop them with some PCP, shoot a 10 sec video for the nightly news and then tomorrow.... they are off to the happy hunting ground!

Wake up people....

It's more like doctors being afraid they might get sued if the family does not think they have done enough to keep patients alive. This leads to treatments that merely prolong the inevitable. Like putting a cancer patent through chemo that might give them a few months at the cost of worse sickness and way more money.
Tough situations. Tough decisions. Proper Trust and an executor to fulfill the wishes.

How many people will you let the government kill? Because they are inconvenient?

On the other hand, you have Nataline Sarkisyan, who was allowed to die because Cigna determined that her liver transplant was "experimental".

The point here is the old man CONSENTED to assisted suicide base on INCORRECT information his doctor gave him, and probably because what was actually ailing him made his life a living hell.

The push to kill everyone deemed useless is well underway.
Canadastan makes North Korea look like a vacation resort.

A 71-year-old widower was admitted to a Southwestern Ontario hospital after a fall. His family says during his admission he contracted an infectious diarrheal illness. He was humiliated by staff for the smell of his room, his family said. He developed a new shortness of breath that was not comprehensively assessed. In this context, a hospital team member suggested he would qualify for MAiD. The team said he had end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and it was terminal. The patient was surprised by the diagnosis but trusted the team.

Within 48 hours of his first assessment, he received a medically assisted death. Post-mortem testing showed he did not have end-stage COPD. His family doctor, when notified of his death, also stated he did not have end-stage COPD, but the team had failed to contact her when they were assessing his history.

The push to kill everyone deemed useless is well underway.
Canadastan makes North Korea look like a vacation resort.

A 71-year-old widower was admitted to a Southwestern Ontario hospital after a fall. His family says during his admission he contracted an infectious diarrheal illness. He was humiliated by staff for the smell of his room, his family said. He developed a new shortness of breath that was not comprehensively assessed. In this context, a hospital team member suggested he would qualify for MAiD. The team said he had end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and it was terminal. The patient was surprised by the diagnosis but trusted the team.

Within 48 hours of his first assessment, he received a medically assisted death. Post-mortem testing showed he did not have end-stage COPD. His family doctor, when notified of his death, also stated he did not have end-stage COPD, but the team had failed to contact her when they were assessing his history.

Sounds like murder to me.

I believe people have the right to take their life, but this wasn't that.

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.gif

My trust in the medical profession keeps hitting new lows.
The Hippocratic Oath has become a hypocritical joke

"I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art."

Forum List

Back