Nigeria bans Twitter for deleting a post from the president

Oh no! You’re going to be banned because you can’t follow the rules! Oh god! The censorship!

The president of Nigeria isn’t banned from the internet. He’s welcome to host his own content. Twitter is not.

That’s not a subtle difference. That’s a monumental difference. This should be obvious to anyone with half a brain and is not something you’ve shown a spine and willingness to address.
We are deeply concerned by the blocking of Twitter in Nigeria. Access to the free and #OpenInternet is an essential human right in modern society. We will work to restore access for all those in Nigeria who rely on Twitter to communicate and connect with the world. #KeepitOn

TWITTER... Wrote that.

Ban incoming.

I have exactly ZERO cable news outlets. No Fox, no BSNBC,
no CNN, none of them..
Think you can post on topic this time?
If that were true I would have the power to ban you as the useless troll you are. But alas, as users we DO NOT possess the power to alter political discourse via outright removing talk we don't like as social media does.
Right! That power belongs squarely with cable news and we only watch Tucker Carlson and OANN because they make sure we don’t have to hear any liberal opinions.
Just pointing out that no media outlet is bound to host content they don’t want. People overstate and overhype the effect social media has on political discourse. No one was considering such unconstitutional means to affect private companies when it was cable news, or even talk radio (at least not since the death of the fairness doctrine).
Book Haram threatens President.
President fights back on same platform.
Platform blocks president instead of terrorists.

THAT is what you are trying desperately to avoid discussing with your off topic bullshit

no CNN, none of them..
If that were true I would have the power to ban you as the useless troll you are. But alas, as users we DO NOT possess the power to alter political discourse via outright removing talk we don't like as social media does.
Right! That power belongs squarely with cable news and we only watch Tucker Carlson and OANN because they make sure we don’t have to hear any liberal opinions.
Just pointing out that no media outlet is bound to host content they don’t want. People overstate and overhype the effect social media has on political discourse. No one was considering such unconstitutional means to affect private companies when it was cable news, or even talk radio (at least not since the death of the fairness doctrine).

THAT is what you are trying desperately to avoid discussing with your off topic bullshit
Which president did they threaten?

no CNN, none of them..

Read the fucking op, tard

Oh no! You’re going to be banned because you can’t follow the rules! Oh god! The censorship!

The president of Nigeria isn’t banned from the internet. He’s welcome to host his own content. Twitter is not.

That’s not a subtle difference. That’s a monumental difference. This should be obvious to anyone with half a brain and is not something you’ve shown a spine and willingness to address.

"A Well Regulated Internet, being necessary for the Opinions of the World,
the Right of the People on Planet Earth to access the #OpenInternet Shall Not be Infringed."

no CNN, none of them..

Read the fucking op, tard
Post #6 is not the OP, derpa. You start a thread about Rwanda then drift into another subject... Your thread is as clear as yer hungover mind.

Social media doesn't have any more power than the humans who use it to communicate.

I guess we could disallow all posts from everyone except Biden/Harris and that would be acceptible.

Social media doesn't have any more power than the humans who use it to communicate.

I guess we could disallow all posts from everyone except Biden/Harris and that would be acceptible.
Frankly I couldn't give a damn, I have never had any interest in Twitter or other social media sites. I think people who use them constantly are lost in life and have no meaning just a cell phone.

"A Well Regulated Internet, being necessary for the Opinions of the World,
the Right of the People on Planet Earth to access the #OpenInternet Shall Not be Infringed."

So what? Can anyone explain to me why this seems important to you because you guys just keep spamming it without context.

A machine has to have an operator, social media is no more than a tool, a machine that is there for humans to manipulate. Without humans it is a non-functioning apparatus. You do not have control of the machine because you are not its operator. The power I speak of is the interaction of the machine that allows us to communicate, just like on USMB... Oh, and fuck yer troll shit.
The big social media platforms (Facebook in particular) are platforms for surveillance and manipulation FAR beyond the capabilities that something like USMB respresent. They utilize advanced machine learning and AI to manipulate & reinforce perception and thus opinion. It’s why they’re so successful, since they’re amazingly efficient at targeted advertising and its why they’re so popular, they figure out what a given users likes and then shows it to them in ways that are not immediately obvious to the average person, essentially locking them into an echo chamber. Along with that they’re VERY good at prompting users not only to give up more and more personal data but also to spending more time on them.

There’s a lot of very interesting research available on the subject (including some very good documentaries), that I would encourage everyone that uses them to seek out.

A machine has to have an operator, social media is no more than a tool, a machine that is there for humans to manipulate. Without humans it is a non-functioning apparatus. You do not have control of the machine because you are not its operator. The power I speak of is the interaction of the machine that allows us to communicate, just like on USMB... Oh, and fuck yer troll shit.
The big social media platforms (Facebook in particular) are platforms for surveillance and manipulation FAR beyond the capabilities that something like USMB respresent. They utilize advanced machine learning and AI to manipulate & reinforce perception and thus opinion. It’s why they’re so successful, since they’re amazingly efficient at targeted advertising and its why they’re so popular, they figure out what a given users likes and then shows it to them in ways that are not immediately obvious to the average person, essentially locking them into an echo chamber. Along with that they’re VERY good at prompting users not only to give up more and more personal data but also to spending more time on them.

There’s a lot of very interesting research available on the subject (including some very good documentaries), that I would encourage everyone that uses them to seek out.
I refuse to use those sites just like I refuse to buy cable for entertainment for the same reasons..It is amazingly something that is very easy to do..

I refuse to use those sites just like I refuse to buy cable for entertainment for the same reasons..It is amazingly something that is very easy to do..
That’s cool and IMHO is the best choice someone can make, I still encourage you to take a look at the research on the methods and effects on society of these platforms, very interesting stuff. There have never been any tools like these with respect to effectiveness & scope for the manipulation of opinions and viewpoints in human history.

So what? Can anyone explain to me why this seems important to you because you guys just keep spamming it without context.

It's not spam Sweetie ... It's the #OpenInternet and I am exercising my basic human right.
It's not my problem if you don't understand the context.

It's not spam Sweetie ... It's the #OpenInternet and I am exercising my basic human right.
It's not my problem if you don't understand the context.

Spam is against the rules of this forum. Rules which we agree to and accept that our posting here is subject to.

We do not have a human right to post whatever we want on someone else’s website. We should have a human right to publish our own content on the internet. That doesn’t mean you have a right to force others to do it for you.

Why don’t people understand this? It’s not terribly complicated.

That’s cool and IMHO is the best choice someone can make, I still encourage you to take a look at the research on the methods and effects on society of these platforms, very interesting stuff. There have never been any tools like these with respect to effectiveness & scope for the manipulation of opinions and viewpoints in human history.
I know all about them which is why I don't use them. I am a very private man and wish to stay as such. My background in electronics and computer programming allows me to see their nefarious intentions that began in the 1930's when corporations donated 3 million to study the techniques they could develop to control the mind of the consumer.

Twitter deleted a presidential tweet so the Nigerian government banned Twitter. Twitter then stated it would do whatever it could to circumvent the ban to ensure the people of Nigeria had access.

What VERY FEW media outlets are telling you is why this all occurred. Some are scratching the surface of the details so I will lay it out for you.

BOKO HARAM (A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION) HAS BEEN TWEETING THREATS against the government. They have also been using Twitter to organize their terrorist activities.
Since Twitter refused to address the threats the TERRORIST ORGANIZATION was issuing the president of Nigeria responded in kind. THAT was the tweet that Twitter decided to delete.

These social sites have too much power in our public squares.

Yet you sang its praises in 2015 and 2016 when social media worked in your favor to help elect the former meatball that occupied the WH and swing a Republican majority in both
houses. I didn't hear you complaining back then. You sang up and down while the jerk polluted social media for 3.5 years and it helped you get your way. Every conspiracy theory floated
freely. Open threats against opposition politicians and members of the media. You were having a field day. So what changed?...oh yeah...i remember now. He lost. And then you got
mad when they clamped down after his followers decided to try and overthrow the US government. Boo-hoo! :)

Spam is against the rules of this forum. Rules which we agree to and accept that our posting here is subject to.

We do not have a human right to post whatever we want on someone else’s website. We should have a human right to publish our own content on the internet. That doesn’t mean you have a right to force others to do it for you.

Again ... You not understanding the context resides in your desire to try and argue with it.
If it isn't that terribly complicated ... Feel free to explain why you don't get it.

For starters ... I am exercising my right, and I am not asking you for permission.
If you continue to miss the context ... Tell a mod and see what they do ... :thup:

Again ... You not understanding the context resides in your desire to try and argue with it.
If it isn't that terribly complicated ... Feel free to explain why you don't get it.

For starters ... I am exercising my right, and I am not asking you for permission.
If you continue to miss the context ... Tell a mod and see what they do ... :thup:

What right do you think you’re exercising?

Forum List

Back