Nigeria bans Twitter for deleting a post from the president

I have exactly ZERO cable news outlets. No Fox, no BSNBC,
no CNN, none of them..
Think you can post on topic this time?
If that were true I would have the power to ban you as the useless troll you are. But alas, as users we DO NOT possess the power to alter political discourse via outright removing talk we don't like as social media does.
Right! That power belongs squarely with cable news and we only watch Tucker Carlson and OANN because they make sure we don’t have to hear any liberal opinions.
Just pointing out that no media outlet is bound to host content they don’t want. People overstate and overhype the effect social media has on political discourse. No one was considering such unconstitutional means to affect private companies when it was cable news, or even talk radio (at least not since the death of the fairness doctrine).
The day that CNN allows people to have an account and page to post whatever/pictures and speak to followers is the day it will be just like twitter.

If that were true I would have the power to ban you as the useless troll you are. But alas, as users we DO NOT possess the power to alter political discourse via outright removing talk we don't like as social media does.
Right! That power belongs squarely with cable news and we only watch Tucker Carlson and OANN because they make sure we don’t have to hear any liberal opinions.
Not even close to the same thing. Nice deflection.
“Nuh-uh” isn’t a very good argument.

I don’t like the political discourse on OANN because it’s too one sided. Therefore I don’t watch it. If you feel the same about Twitter, I suggest the same remedy.

no CNN, none of them..
Just pointing out that no media outlet is bound to host content they don’t want. People overstate and overhype the effect social media has on political discourse. No one was considering such unconstitutional means to affect private companies when it was cable news, or even talk radio (at least not since the death of the fairness doctrine).
The day that CNN allows people to have an account and page to post whatever/pictures and speak to followers is the day it will be just like twitter.
Twitter doesn’t allow people to post whatever they want. You should know that.

Even if they did, it wouldn’t mean they’ve abandoned their ownership rights.

no CNN, none of them..

You're a corporate lackey who supports companies not being legally liable for their actions. Of course you are

no CNN, none of them..

no CNN, none of them..

You're a corporate lackey who supports companies not being legally liable for their actions. Of course you are
What liability are you suggesting?

I just want a functional internet. I see others wanting to turn it into a dumpster fire just because their feelings are hurt.

no CNN, none of them..

no CNN, none of them..

I just want a functional internet. I see others wanting to turn it into a dumpster fire just because their feelings are hurt.

After all this time and all these discussions, you don't know what liability has to do with the discussion?

Oh my fucking God ...

CNN doesn't allow people to post...ANYTHING

Get your bullshit false equivalency the fuck out of here.
Nah. Thing is that I was referencing this as some essential part of our public political discourse. Only a fool would imply that cable news doesn’t have an effect on political discourse. I would wager it has a more significant effect than Twitter ever would.

But you don’t see me wanting to use government to regulate what is on cable news for this reason. I’d rather people just find a different discourse they agree with.

You know, a market based approach.

no CNN, none of them..

no CNN, none of them..

After all this time and all these discussions, you don't know what liability has to do with the discussion?

Oh my fucking God ...
There two kinds of liability. There’s liability for kicking people off, which is something Florida is trying to foist in a ham fisted way. I assumed you were talking about this because that would be a result of their “actions”. The other kind I can think of is liability for the defamatory content of other posters. I could hardly see how someone posting something is a result of their “actions” but I thought I’d ask.

Some of you guys get so pissy that I ask a question and a lot of you are the same people that are pissy for not perfectly interpreting your vague statements.

no CNN, none of them..
Sure does sound like they want to bring the Fairness Doctrine back doesn't it? I'll bet dollars to donuts they don't want it to apply to OAN or any of their bubble media though...

I don’t think you understand that the fact that you’re doing something doesn’t mean you have a right to do it.

I loaned a car to my friend. That doesn’t mean he had a right to use it.

This is pretty silly.

I don't think you understand that any attempt to stop me, would be infringing on my right.
Not be confused with what I enjoy at USMB is a privilege and not a right to use the Internet.

What you do with your friend and your car is none of my business (considering they are the legal age of consent).

Sure does sound like they want to bring the Fairness Doctrine back doesn't it? I'll bet dollars to donuts they don't want it to apply to OAN or any of their bubble media though...
Considering we are talking about Nigeria ... that point makes no sense.

no CNN, none of them..

no CNN, none of them..

Oh my fucking God ...
There two kinds of liability. There’s liability for kicking people off, which is something Florida is trying to foist in a ham fisted way. I assumed you were talking about this because that would be a result of their “actions”. The other kind I can think of is liability for the defamatory content of other posters. I could hardly see how someone posting something is a result of their “actions” but I thought I’d ask.

Some of you guys get so pissy that I ask a question and a lot of you are the same people that are pissy for not perfectly interpreting your vague statements.

Getting pissy is you saying you didn't know what liability had to do with the discussion.

Your response was to make up what I think liability is.

When you want to DISCUSS it, let me know. Discuss it means you don't say duh, you don't know what I'm talking about and it's not you telling me what my position is

Getting pissy is you saying you didn't know what liability had to do with the discussion.
That’s a mischaracterization of what I said. I was asking what you meant by liability. See here:
Your response was to make up what I think liability is.
My response was to say what I thought you could be saying. I only made it up because you attacked me for asking for clarification.

Did you ever consider that maybe you don’t have to act like an insufferable asshole and maybe a little bit like an adult?

I don’t have time for your childish games.

We are really only talking about Nigeria because this behavior coincides with with the thought of a significant chunk of the Republican or Trump base, as evidenced by the number of people here cheering the decision of state censorship.

The OP only brought up Nigeria as it relates to Trump and his sycophants.

Forum List

Back