What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nienna

Nienna

VIP Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
4,515
Reaction score
334
Points
83
Location
Ohio
Hi! I'm writing this in response to a few PMs that I have received. Most of you know me as mom4...but I decided to change my username so that I have the same name on all the boards to which I belong.

The name Nienna is from the Lord of the Rings series. If anyone is a total LOTR geek like I am, you may have read the Silmarillion, which is kind of the cosmology and ancient history of Middle Earth. Nienna is a high angel. Here's a little of what Tolkien had to say about her...

"She is acquainted with grief, and mourns for every wound that Arda (Earth) has received in the marring of Melkor. So great was her sorrow, as the Music unfolded, that her song turned to lamentation long before its end, and the sound of mourning was woven into the themes of the world before it began. But she does not weep for herself; and those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope...and all those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom."

I just thought she was a pretty cool character, and that's why I chose that as my user name. :)
 

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
43,951
Reaction score
38,519
Points
3,605
Location
Arizona
I'm going to change my name to Melkor! :happy2:
 

Joz

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
3,392
Reaction score
233
Points
48
Nienna said:
...I decided to change my username so that I have the same name on all the boards to which I belong....
Glad that's all it was.
 

Mr. P

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
11,329
Reaction score
622
Points
48
Location
South of the Mason Dixon
Nienna said:
Hi! I'm writing this in response to a few PMs that I have received. Most of you know me as mom4...but I decided to change my username so that I have the same name on all the boards to which I belong.

The name Nienna is from the Lord of the Rings series. If anyone is a total LOTR geek like I am, you may have read the Silmarillion, which is kind of the cosmology and ancient history of Middle Earth. Nienna is a high angel. Here's a little of what Tolkien had to say about her...

"She is acquainted with grief, and mourns for every wound that Arda (Earth) has received in the marring of Melkor. So great was her sorrow, as the Music unfolded, that her song turned to lamentation long before its end, and the sound of mourning was woven into the themes of the world before it began. But she does not weep for herself; and those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope...and all those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom."

I just thought she was a pretty cool character, and that's why I chose that as my user name. :)
I liked mom4 much better.:D
 

Abbey Normal

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,825
Reaction score
393
Points
48
Location
Mid-Atlantic region
Mr. P said:
I liked mom4 much better.:D

Now that you mention it, me too :(
 

dmp

Senior Member
Joined
May 12, 2004
Messages
13,088
Reaction score
748
Points
48
Location
Enterprise, Alabama
Nienna = much better...hotter.. :D
 

Mr. P

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
11,329
Reaction score
622
Points
48
Location
South of the Mason Dixon
dmp said:
Nienna = much better...hotter.. :D
Nuttin is hotter that a mom4!:D
 
OP
N

Nienna

VIP Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
4,515
Reaction score
334
Points
83
Location
Ohio
HA! :D I'm NOT hot... the four kids killed THAT! ;)
 

Mr. P

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
11,329
Reaction score
622
Points
48
Location
South of the Mason Dixon
Nienna said:
HA! :D I'm NOT hot... the four kids killed THAT! ;)
Moms are though. This LOTR thing is fiction, MOMS are really, really real.:D
 
OP
N

Nienna

VIP Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
4,515
Reaction score
334
Points
83
Location
Ohio
Mr. P said:
Moms are though. This LOTR thing is fiction, MOMS are really, really real.:D
That's true enough. :D
 

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$200.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List

Top