Nienna

Nienna

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2005
Ohio
Hi! I'm writing this in response to a few PMs that I have received. Most of you know me as mom4...but I decided to change my username so that I have the same name on all the boards to which I belong.

The name Nienna is from the Lord of the Rings series. If anyone is a total LOTR geek like I am, you may have read the Silmarillion, which is kind of the cosmology and ancient history of Middle Earth. Nienna is a high angel. Here's a little of what Tolkien had to say about her...

"She is acquainted with grief, and mourns for every wound that Arda (Earth) has received in the marring of Melkor. So great was her sorrow, as the Music unfolded, that her song turned to lamentation long before its end, and the sound of mourning was woven into the themes of the world before it began. But she does not weep for herself; and those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope...and all those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom."

I just thought she was a pretty cool character, and that's why I chose that as my user name. :)

Nienna said:
...I decided to change my username so that I have the same name on all the boards to which I belong....
Glad that's all it was.

Nienna said:
Hi! I'm writing this in response to a few PMs that I have received. Most of you know me as mom4...but I decided to change my username so that I have the same name on all the boards to which I belong.

The name Nienna is from the Lord of the Rings series. If anyone is a total LOTR geek like I am, you may have read the Silmarillion, which is kind of the cosmology and ancient history of Middle Earth. Nienna is a high angel. Here's a little of what Tolkien had to say about her...

"She is acquainted with grief, and mourns for every wound that Arda (Earth) has received in the marring of Melkor. So great was her sorrow, as the Music unfolded, that her song turned to lamentation long before its end, and the sound of mourning was woven into the themes of the world before it began. But she does not weep for herself; and those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope...and all those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom."

I just thought she was a pretty cool character, and that's why I chose that as my user name. :)
I liked mom4 much better.:D

Forum List

Back