NFL kneelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got the ending right but Eisenhower 'started' it, or we should say allowed it to happen --- Dulles started it under his watch. He wanted to swoop in and capitalize on what he thought was a vacuum when the French left. And he thought that because he was a fucking moron. But Eisenhower let it happen and that set the wheels in motion.

(/again completely offtopic)

they all believed in the domino theory in those days. But the facts are that LBJ is responsible for the majority of the American deaths in that fiasco.

and, yes off topic, so, screw the kneelers, fire them, fine them. comply with their contracts or GFT out.

"Majorities" are irrelevant, and I don't know the numbers but your original citation specifically excluded Eisenhower (who started it) and Nixon (who intensified it and spread it outside the country's borders). Whelp, you got yerself told on that, squirm all you want.

And back to topic --- nobody's not 'complying with their contracts' anyway.

since when are majorities not relevant in a democracy?

The Vietnam War cannot on any planet be defined as a "democracy".

we were talking about klan membership

NO, we (you) were talking about Vietnam and JFK and LBJ, out of which you conveniently "forgot" Eisenhower and Nixon. NONE of that has jack cheese to do with "Klan membership". That's an entirely different offtopic tangent.

they all believed in the domino theory in those days. But the facts are that LBJ is responsible for the majority of the American deaths in that fiasco.

and, yes off topic, so, screw the kneelers, fire them, fine them. comply with their contracts or GFT out.

"Majorities" are irrelevant, and I don't know the numbers but your original citation specifically excluded Eisenhower and Nixon. Whelp, you got yerself told on that, squirm all you want.

the standard NFL contract requires players to stand on the sidelines with their hands over their hearts for the national anthem. I guess you didn't know that.

Nope. Linkie?

Does the NFL Require Players to Stand for the National Anthem?

Thank you --- now read your own link; you lose.

Oh, snap.

"Majorities" are irrelevant, and I don't know the numbers but your original citation specifically excluded Eisenhower and Nixon. Whelp, you got yerself told on that, squirm all you want.

the standard NFL contract requires players to stand on the sidelines with their hands over their hearts for the national anthem. I guess you didn't know that.

Nope. Linkie?

you read it , dips

Nope. Linkie?

you read it, dipshit. From the cite.

ccording to an NFL spokesperson:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

Nope. Linkie?

you read it , dips

Nope. Linkie?

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

I did indeed read it, which is exactly what I refer to. And I read it a year ago when we did this then.

What does the word "should" mean on your planet?

And again --- that's the Operations Manual, outlining the format of the game presentation .... not a player contract.

Interesting though that said Operations Manual says "the national anthem must (as opposed to "should") be played before each game" ----- yet it apparently, from the snippet we're given, does not explain WHY. But then no one here can answer that particular question either.

My God some snowflakes just have to make a mountain out of a tiny tiny teeny molehill. Letting a couple of kneelers get you all got and bothered. Ever heard of ignore? I frankly could care less what anybody else does while I am standing. This over the top stuff from both sides is nauseating. Give it a rest.

My God some snowflakes just have to make a mountain out of a tiny tiny teeny molehill. Letting a couple of kneelers get you all got and bothered. Ever heard of ignore? I frankly could care less what anybody else does while I am standing. This over the top stuff from both sides is nauseating. Give it a rest.

Actually "ignore" turns out to be an easy thing to do when what you're wetting your pants about isn't even on TV and you have to be cued by some triggerblog somewhere.

So in effect these klowns are wetting said pants because it's the only way they're comfy.

it’s about conservatives contriving an Orwellian nonissue into a ‘controversy’ that doesn’t exist: fabricate an ‘enemy’ for the masses to hate, deflect attention from a failed, corrupt, criminal Republican ‘administration’ and focus that attention instead on evil black football players who ‘hate’ America, ‘hate’ the military, and ‘hate’ [white] police officers.

It’s the Art of the Right’s Red Herring Fallacy.

it’s about conservatives contriving an Orwellian nonissue into a ‘controversy’ that doesn’t exist: fabricate an ‘enemy’ for the masses to hate, deflect attention from a failed, corrupt, criminal Republican ‘administration’ and focus that attention instead on evil black football players who ‘hate’ America, ‘hate’ the military, and ‘hate’ [white] police officers.

I see it more as a demagogue mining the emotions of the ignorant because he knows he can sell Jingo when there's a mob present, thus Appeal to Emotion.

The actual "issue", to the extent there even is one, was incepted by some nameless photographer who decided to snap a picture of a player sitting alone on his bench as he had already been doing with no one noticing or caring, in order to milk a phony 'story' out of that picture, again targeting the same somnabulistic audience who would be unable to think their way through it. So it's at the outset a case of crass commercial opportunism, which bubbled up and was dying a natural death until the orange maroon dredged it up again to score his Jingo points with the unwashed.

Nope. Linkie?

you read it , dips

Nope. Linkie?

I did indeed read it, which is exactly what I refer to. And I read it a year ago when we did this then.

And again --- that's the Operations Manual, outlining the format of the game presentation .... not a player contract.

Interesting though that said Operations Manual says "the national anthem must (as opposed to "should") be played before each game" ----- yet it apparently, from the snippet we're given, does not explain WHY. But then no one here can answer that particular question either.

The player contracts say that they will comply with the rules and regulations of the NFL. You ask why the anthem "must" be played? Are you that dumb? To honor America, its really quite simple. If you do not want to honor this country, LEAVE.

funny, what you just said is right from the Alinsky playbook, Rules for Radicals. You really are stupid, aren't you?

I agree, have you asked the media to give it a rest?

Kneeling is disrespectful to our military. Maybe the next time an NFL player needs a police officer's help that police officers should kneel instead?

you read it , dips

The player contracts say that they will comply with the rules and regulations of the NFL. You ask why the anthem "must" be played? Are you that dumb? To honor America, its really quite simple. If you do not want to honor this country, LEAVE.

Number one, we just spelled that out. "Player contracts" do not equal "operations manual" besides which, I just called both Merriam and Webster and verified that the word "should" has not changed its meaning overnight. So it's more than a bit disingenuous that you claim "The player contracts say that they will comply with the rules and regulations of the NFL" and then quote not the rules and regs at all but the Operations Manual.

Number two, what in the wide wide world of blue fuck does it have to do with playing a football game?? Does it enable the ball to fly when kicked? Does it prevent injuries? Are home fans of the Denver Broncos suddenly unsure what country they're sitting in? And even if they are, how the fuck does it affect a football game? Will not the game be played exactly the same way with the same rules and the same scoring?

Why don't I have to wait and stand for the national anthem when I go to the grocery store? Or when I go to buy tires? Or a movie? It's got exactly the same degree of relevance there. Who's injecting this jingoisitic shit in there in the first place and why can't they just get on with what they all came there for -- a fucking football game?

When you go to the airport do you stop and surrender your time for every Hare Krishna Scientologist Alex Jones type who accosts you, or do you get on with what you came there for --- your flight?

As I just said, that question cannot be answered. It's really that simple. There is an answer, but not one that justifies it. And that answer is a large captive audience is being commandeered to sell Jingoism, a common form of Mob Mentality. If you want to honor Mob Mentality, go to North Korea. It's a "yes Master tell me what to do and allow me to assume the position, submit and obey" drone's paradise.

And if there's the slightest wisp of a shred of a shadow of a doubt that's precisely what it is ---- read your post's last sentence aloud.

Last edited:
As much as I believe it's distasteful to kneel once we ban this type of stuff the country spirals downward fast. Really fast. The right to protest must be protected. We can't ban every little action we disagree with.

you read it , dips

Number one, we just spelled that out. "Player contracts" do not equal "operations manual" besides which, I just called both Merriam and Webster and verified that the word "should" has not changed its meaning overnight.

Number two, what in the wide wide world of blue fuck does it have to do with playing a football game?? Does it enable the ball to fly when kicked? Does it prevent injuries? Are home fans of the Denver Broncos suddenly unsure what country they're sitting in? And even if they are, how the fuck does it affect a football game? Will not the game be played exactly the same way with the same rules and the same scoring?

Why don't I have to wait and stand for the national anthem when I go to the grocery store? Or when I go to buy tires? Or a movie? It's got exactly the same degree of relevance there. Who's injecting this jingoisitic shit in there in the first place and why can't they just get on with what they all came there for -- a fucking football game?

When you go to the airport do you stop and surrender your time for every Hare Krishna Scientologist Alex Jones type who accosts you, or do you get on with what you came there for --- your flight?

As I just said, that question cannot be answered. It's really that simple. There is an answer, but not one that justifies it. And that answer is a large captive audience is being commandeered to sell Jingoism, a common form of Mob Mentality. If you want to honor Mob Mentality, go to North Korea. It's a "yes Master tell me what to do and allow me to assume the position, submit and obey" drone's paradise.

I guess you just don't get it and never will. Please look up the word "tradition" that might give you a clue. I can remember in high school there was always a prayer before the games, prayer that no one was hurt. Tell me who that harmed.

Peaceful protest is a hallmark of our freedom under the constitution. BUT, not when someone else is paying you to do a job. What would happen to you if you stopped work and protested during your job at the car wash?

As much as I believe it's distasteful to kneel once we ban this type of stuff the country spirals downward fast. Really fast. The right to protest must be protected. We can't ban every little action we disagree with.

Yes, but not when you are being paid to do a job and follow the rules set by your employer.

funny, what you just said is right from the Alinsky playbook, Rules for Radicals. You really are stupid, aren't you?

Actually he's summarizing a logical fallacy, which is way WAY older than Bo Belinsky.
I did the same thing but focused on a different fallacy. Nobody said you can't have two scoops.

you read it , dips

Number one, we just spelled that out. "Player contracts" do not equal "operations manual" besides which, I just called both Merriam and Webster and verified that the word "should" has not changed its meaning overnight.

I guess you just don't get it and never will. Please look up the word "tradition" that might give you a clue. I can remember in high school there was always a prayer before the games, prayer that no one was hurt. Tell me who that harmed.

Now you're on to a Straw Man fallacy; nowhere did I say someone was harmed. I asked why it's necessary. You can't answer that, so you change the question to something it isn't.

Peaceful protest is a hallmark of our freedom under the constitution. BUT, not when someone else is paying you to do a job. What would happen to you if you stopped work and protested during your job at the car wash?

My car wash is 75 cents, coin operated. Amazingly, when I put three quarters in it simply starts the wash; it doesn't require me to stand staring into space at some national anthem before I wash my car.

Why doesn't my car wash want to "honor this country"? Should it "LEAVE"?

Right near the car wash there's a gas station. It too does not require me to assume zombie position for a national anthem before pumping. Probably because it's a Shell station, but it doesn't require me to stand for a Dutch national anthem either. Amazing.

Then I go down the road. If I catch the red light I'll be required to stop and wait for cross traffic, yet, amazingly, not be required to stare blankly into space for a fucking national anthem.

Apparently I can wash my car, pump my gas, "honor" the red light and get to the grocery store all without infringement from some national anthem. All in the space of a few minutes.

Why doesn't my town want to "honor this country"? Perhaps I live in Uruguay. That must be it.

you read it , dips

Now you're on to a Straw Man fallacy; nowhere did I say someone was harmed. I asked why it's necessary. You can't answer that, so you change the question to something it isn't.

My car wash is 75 cents, coin operated. Amazingly, when I put three quarters in it simply starts the wash; it doesn't require me to stand staring into space at some national anthem before I wash my car.

Why doesn't my car wash want to "honor this country"? Should it "LEAVE"?

Right near the car wash there's a gas station. It too does not require me to assume zombie position for a national anthem before pumping. Probably because it's a Shell station, but it doesn't require me to stand for a Dutch national anthem either. Amazing.

Then I go down the road. If I catch the red light I'll be required to stop and wait for cross traffic, yet, amazingly, not be required to stare blankly into space for a fucking national anthem.

Apparently I can wash my car, pump my gas, "honor" the red light and get to the grocery store all without infringement from some national anthem. All in the space of a few minutes.

Why doesn't my town want to "honor this country"? Perhaps I live in Uruguay. That must be it.

Why do we have the national anthem before a sporting event? Is that your basic question? Because that's what americans have always done. there is no other reason needed. Why do they play the national anthems when medals are awarded to Olympic winners? Because they do. Why do they play taps at the funeral of a military veteran? WTF is wrong with you?

Your questions are not only stupid, they are ignorant.

If you want to sit during the anthem when you are in the audience, fine, go for it. But if you are being paid to play a game and to follow the rules and regulations of the league, then you stand, remove your hat, and place your hand over your heart.

This is not about why americans honor their country, its about assholes like you trying to destroy it. Screw you and the horse you rode in on.

you read it , dips

Number one, we just spelled that out. "Player contracts" do not equal "operations manual" besides which, I just called both Merriam and Webster and verified that the word "should" has not changed its meaning overnight. So it's more than a bit disingenuous that you claim "The player contracts say that they will comply with the rules and regulations of the NFL" and then quote not the rules and regs at all but the Operations Manual.

And if there's the slightest wisp of a shred of a shadow of a doubt that's precisely what it is ---- read your post's last sentence aloud.

the player contract says that they will abide by the rules and regulations of the league. Yes, it is part of their contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back