NFL Free Agency 2024

Fiero425

Gold Member
Apr 29, 2016
Chicago, IL
Shocking deals & trades! Who thought Cousins to Atlanta for 4 years? Wilson signs w/ Steelers for 1 year! Miami loses several free agents due to commitments to Tyreek Hill more than likely! I'm going to harp on the stupidity of Hill to leave Mahomes as probably the most short-sighted decision of his career! It would have become something Iconic like Montana/Rice, Bradshaw/Swan, & Mahomes/Kelce! :stir: :):auiqs.jpg::p :eek:

Baker Mayfield to stay in TB for 3 years! Matt Jones traded from NE to Jacksonville! Madness? Barkley to Philly! Wow! He's going to punish the Giants for letting him go! :nono: :meow::auiqs.jpg::stir::oops:

Last edited:
Ravens sign Henry for 2 yrs. @ $16 M! Money's just gotten so out of hand! I thought Henry was done! :rolleyes:

The running back movement has really stood out to me.

D'Andre Swift goes to the Bears.
Tony Pollard goes to the Titans.
Saquon Barkley goes to the Eagles.
Josh Jacobs goes to the Packers.
Austin Ekeler goes to the Commanders.
Zack Moss goes to the Bengals.
Aaron Jones goes to the Vikings.
Joe Mixon goes to the Texans.
Derrick Henry goes to the Ravens.

Giants -> Eagles -> Bears
Cowboys -> Titans -> Ravens
Raiders -> Packers -> Vikings
Chargers -> Commanders
Colts -> Bengals -> Texans

Chargers -> Commanders
Devin Singletary signed with the giants. Dabol had him in Buffalo

Devin Singletary signed with the giants. Dabol had him in Buffalo
Thanks. I missed that one.

Colts -> Bengals -> Texans ->Giants -> Eagles -> Bears
Chargers -> Commanders

I watch our local Cardinals but don't see other teams that much and so much like the NFL draft a lot of these folks are just names to me. It is interesting though to see how teams handle the off-season. I like that there is a period between the end of the season in free agency. Baseball should take a lesson.

Chargers -> Commanders

I dont understand the Eagles and Ravens paying that much for a RB. The Ravens were already the #1 running team in the NFL last year with 2 RB's injured. I don't see how Henry gets them over the hump. They suck at drafting WR's maybe they should look into getting a FA one who's not washed up like OBJ. The back end of Philly's defense has been their problem not the running game. Barkley is nice but he's not going to be the reason they win a ring.

I dont understand the Eagles and Ravens paying that much for a RB. The Ravens were already the #1 running team in the NFL last year with 2 RB's injured. I don't see how Henry gets them over the hump. They suck at drafting WR's maybe they should look into getting a FA one who's not washed up like OBJ. The back end of Philly's defense has been their problem not the running game. Barkley is nice but he's not going to be the reason they win a ring.
The NFL has reduced the value of Running backs. Saquon Barkley when healthy, runs, catches passes and blocks. A three downer. Wide Receivers are expensive. Hurts was in the shotgun for most plays in his career. He will be under center a lot more this season. Saquon extending drives instead of Hurts, or in coordination with Hurts makes the offense stronger. He will be in the best offense line he ever played in. The offensive coordinator they hired has influence in this.

The NFL has reduced the value of Running backs. Saquon Barkley when healthy, runs, catches passes and blocks. A three downer. Wide Receivers are expensive. Hurts was in the shotgun for most plays in his career. He will be under center a lot more this season. Saquon extending drives instead of Hurts, or in coordination with Hurts makes the offense stronger. He will be in the best offense line he ever played in. The offensive coordinator they hired has influence in this.
You missed the part where the entire backend of their defense is complete shit?

The Eagles were top 10 in rushing Offense last year. They were 31st in pass defense.....

Saquon if healthy is better than the running backs the Eagles had. He runs, he catches, and he blocks. A 3 down running back.

We need to get accustomed to The NFL not having too much patience or reverence of RB's as they've been devalued over the years! Way back when, a team could be formed around them; now they're released in their prime for a kid just coming out of college! Money's flowing in the league, but veteran RB's are an endangered species it seems! :dunno: :meow::stir::eek:

Last edited:
We need to get accustomed to The NFL not having too much patience or reverence of RB's as they've been devalued over the years! Way back when, a team could be formed around them; now they're released in their prime for a kid just coming out of college! Money's flowing in the league, but veteran RB's are an endangered species it seems! :dunno: :meow::stir::eek:
The workhorse running back (around 30 carries a game) is rapidly becoming an endangered species. A lot of teams seem to be going running back by committee. Part of that likely is that they can then pay the "committee" backs less than they would pay one stud back. Since neither one would have the huge numbers to justify a big contract.

Forum List

Back