NFL Free Agency 2024

The Packers knocked free agency out of the park with their two additions.
They kept their guys and signed a RB who is basically the same as their old RB just a little younger.

Jacobs had 61 yds/game
Jones had 60 yds/game.

They had basically the same number of receiving yards so other than being a couple years younger I don't see the huge upgrade at a 5 million per year cost....

The Giants fucked up last year giving Jones the long-term contract and tagging Barkley. They did exactly the opposite of what they should have done. That said, Im not sure how that or any of the other points you just made, makes the Philly signing make more sense. Essentially the same player stats wise for the same number of years, Swift is 2 years younger and far less injury prone, Swift was just 4 million a year cheaper.
I know. Everything is salary cap. There are Eagle fans thinking the same. Kellen Moore uses an offense that uses a running back more than the Eagles have the last couple of years. Also, this is to compete with the Niners and McCaffery. There were games last year Swift got very few yards including against a regular season game against Frisco.

I know. Everything is salary cap. There are Eagle fans thinking the same. Kellen Moore uses an offense that uses a running back more than the Eagles have the last couple of years. Also, this is to compete with the Niners and McCaffery. There were games last year Swift got very few yards including against a regular season game against Frisco.

Wouldn't it make more sense to shore up the defense that's struggling (31st in the league vs pass) and not the running game which was 5th in the league?

KC didnt beat SF because their RB is an all-world guy. They beat them with defense. SF wants to be in a shootout.

Real players want rings...not just money. Even Deion took a pay cut for one year to try and get a ring.

Well that's a matter of opinion! Early on it's all the $$! Later when time's running out, they think "I need a championship!" W/ NBA'r, Durant, it wasn't even about the $$ & winning! It was more about his ego needing constant stroking! What idiot would volunt. leave a Chp. team like Golden State? :dunno: :stir::eek:

The Raiders stomped KC last year andfor last 50 years the Raiders ( even mediocre squads ) have beat the Eventual Super Bowl Winner of that Season either in pre or regular Season over 20 times and have won 3 trophies and lost 2 during that time frame

The Raiders stomped KC last year andfor last 50 years the Raiders ( even mediocre squads ) have beat the Eventual Super Bowl Winner of that Season either in pre or regular Season over 20 times and have won 3 trophies and lost 2 during that time frame

AND?? Inform me if you get extra credit for this! THX! :auiqs.jpg: :meow::dunno::stir::eek:

If my memory serves the Raiders beat “ Da Bears “ the season they had what is now considered the Greatest Squad in NFL History

Wouldn't it make more sense to shore up the defense that's struggling (31st in the league vs pass) and not the running game which was 5th in the league?

KC didnt beat SF because their RB is an all-world guy. They beat them with defense. SF wants to be in a shootout.
Purdy and Mahomes. SF has a powerful offense. Purdy showed his limits.

I may have been wrong on Fields. Today they showed highlights. AND they put his STATS over the last 20 games side by side with Lamar Jackson. Fields had better numbers. Other than wins and losses.....if they can stop his fumbling in traffic? Maybe PITT knows what they are doing? Two pretty good QB for a 6th rounder and $1.3 million? Not bad.

I may have been wrong on Fields. Today they showed highlights. AND they put his STATS over the last 20 games side by side with Lamar Jackson. Fields had better numbers. Other than wins and losses.....if they can stop his fumbling in traffic? Maybe PITT knows what they are doing? Two pretty good QB for a 6th rounder and $1.3 million? Not bad.
Fields did not have many offensive weapons and the Bears OL was not that good either.

Fields did not have many offensive weapons and the Bears OL was not that good either.

Even though I live in Chicago, it's hard to watch the Bears! Fields made me anxious due to holding onto the ball too long! He sacked himself many times thinking he could make lunch, a drink, & take an after-meal toke off a hookah before throwing the ball away! His escapes were almost anti-climactic w/ him continuing to hold the ball too long! :rolleyes: :meow::dunno::stir::eek:

So what? Every SB champ but 1 has lost to some team during the regular season. Most lose to multiple teams. The Raiders haven’t won a SB in 40 years and haven’t been relevant in 20.

So what? Every SB champ but 1 has lost to some team during the regular season. Most lose to multiple teams. The Raiders haven’t won a SB in 40 years and haven’t been relevant in 20.
Playoff team 5 times in 21st Century ( including 1 Super Bowl loss and 2 playoff appearances in last 6 years

Playoff team 5 times in 21st Century ( including 1 Super Bowl loss and 2 playoff appearances in last 6 years

The SB appearance was over 20 years ago. 2002

The 2 PO appearances since then were 1 and done. In the last 20 years they’ve had 2 winning seasons. 2. So like I said before the Raiders haven’t been relevant for 20 years.

Win a PO game and maybe someone will think they are.

The SB appearance was over 20 years ago. 2002

The 2 PO appearances since then were 1 and done. In the last 20 years they’ve had 2 winning seasons. 2. So like I said before the Raiders haven’t been relevant for 20 years.

Win a PO game and maybe someone will think they are.
They have been Top 3 in NFL Merch sales for almost 50 years and and led league 8 times in that time frame

Real players want rings...not just money. Even Deion took a pay cut for one year to try and get a ring.

I've notice that is especially true for the really great ones who already earned their mega-bucks. A ring also helps in being considered for the Hall of Fame which would also ease any regret for not placing the premium on money.

Few players fall into that category of great player. Plus Super Bowl contenders are already pretty well stocked making opportunities limited. Thus the majority of all players end up going to a team where their talents are most valued.

Forum List

Back