NFL Free Agency 2024

Saquon if healthy is better than the running backs the Eagles had. He runs, he catches, and he blocks. A 3 down running back.
IF. That's a huge IF. Barkley is often injured. That said Swift was a 1000 yd rusher last year and had almost 300 receiving yards. Have you actually looked at Barkley's best year? Barkley and Swift have basically the same stats. Swift is just more durable and cheaper. And again, the Eagles problem last year wasn't an inability to rush the ball it was an inability to defend the pass. What's more important in the current NFL? Barkley is a nice piece but he's a luxury the Eagles didn't need nor they could afford.

SF cant afford him.
No...but he could have taken a pay cut. Part of the problem in Minnesota was that with Cousins making thirty-five million a year...they couldn't afford much else. Now he's making forty-five million a year. :eusa_think:

No...but he could have taken a pay cut. Part of the problem in Minnesota was that with Cousins making thirty-five million a year...they couldn't afford much else. Now he's making forty-five million a year. :eusa_think:
He wasn't going to take a 44 million dollar pay cut. Neither would you.

And the Justin Fields era is over in Chicago.

Heading to the Steelers to back up Wilson.
Pitt is acting desperate. Wow. Wilson is almost finished, Fields is a fumbler and not very good at anything. Matbe Russ is better than Kenny Pickett, but Fields is no better. Rudolph is as good As both of them. WTH?

Fields is a better QB than Wilson, the problem with Fields is I don’t see him as the guy who can be effective as a backup, he needs to take all the reps, before mid season people will be calling for Russ to be replaced, as he is done.

La
Pitt is acting desperate. Wow. Wilson is almost finished, Fields is a fumbler and not very good at anything. Matbe Russ is better than Kenny Pickett, but Fields is no better. Rudolph is as good As both of them. WTH?
Las Vegas can get the top ( Corner Back ) or ( Edge ) ( OT ) or ( OLB ) In this Draft if they stick with Minshew II and last years Rookie Starter .

Fields is a better QB than Wilson, the problem with Fields is I don’t see him as the guy who can be effective as a backup, he needs to take all the reps, before mid season people will be calling for Russ to be replaced, as he is done.
What makes you think Fields is better than Pickett let alone Wilson? He’s won 10 games in 3 seasons. The Steelers won 10 last year. 40 TDs. 30 INTs. (career) Averages under 200 yds per game. I guess it’s possible he might become a good QB but where’s the evidence to support that thinking?

Wilson threw more TDs the last 2 years in Denver with half the picks than Fields threw in 3 seasons.….

IF. That's a huge IF. Barkley is often injured. That said Swift was a 1000 yd rusher last year and had almost 300 receiving yards. Have you actually looked at Barkley's best year? Barkley and Swift have basically the same stats. Swift is just more durable and cheaper. And again, the Eagles problem last year wasn't an inability to rush the ball it was an inability to defend the pass. What's more important in the current NFL? Barkley is a nice piece but he's a luxury the Eagles didn't need nor they could afford.
I have to put a positive spin on it. The Eagles receiving after the top 2 WR's gets thin. Saquon can be a receiver and the price is good for that way of playing. Also, he can extend drives. Which keeps the offense of the opponent off the field. The Eagles offensive line will make him hopefully better, and he will make it through holes that Swift and Sanders could not. Hurts will run less and he may have played the season with an injury not spoken about. Hurt most likely will be under center a lot more than previous years doing most of his plays from the shotgun.

The Draft is deep in much needed Position players and Free Agency will give way to some real Dice tossin ( The Niner Starting QB was a end of the last round find , the bulk of NFL Starters and Second String Players in the NFL are 3 Rounders or later

I have to put a positive spin on it. The Eagles receiving after the top 2 WR's gets thin. Saquon can be a receiver and the price is good for that way of playing. Also, he can extend drives. Which keeps the offense of the opponent off the field. The Eagles offensive line will make him hopefully better, and he will make it through holes that Swift and Sanders could not. Hurts will run less and he may have played the season with an injury not spoken about. Hurt most likely will be under center a lot more than previous years doing most of his plays from the shotgun.
They are statistically basically the same. I get it that Swift was playing with a better line, and QB in Philly than Barkley in NY, but how many more yards do you really think Barkley is going to get vs Swift at a significant increase in price? Again, though my argument is not that Barkley isnt an upgrade to Swift. It's just not a signing that Philly should have made based on what they needed to make them competitive. Swift was top 5 in rushing last year. Barkley isn't better than CMC so how much of an upgrade is it really? Their defense is what cooked them last year, and Fletcher Cox just retired.

They are statistically basically the same. I get it that Swift was playing with a better line, and QB in Philly than Barkley in NY, but how many more yards do you really think Barkley is going to get vs Swift at a significant increase in price? Again, though my argument is not that Barkley isnt an upgrade to Swift. It's just not a signing that Philly should have made based on what they needed to make them competitive. Swift was top 5 in rushing last year. Barkley isn't better than CMC so how much of an upgrade is it really? Their defense is what cooked them last year, and Fletcher Cox just retired.
I believed the Giants had to let Saquon go. Only for costs and they have holes to fill. Watching the defense play even when winning was painful. The offense looked lethargic also. If we did not go to the Super bowl the year before I think Sirianni would have been fired. So now we have experienced offensive and defensive coordinators. we have signed a few people who light the fire under the asses of other players. And will them so. We let several players go on last year of contracts and prove me contracts from the Super bowl year. What replaced them did not prove it.

The Packers knocked free agency out of the park with their two additions.

I believed the Giants had to let Saquon go. Only for costs and they have holes to fill. Watching the defense play even when winning was painful. The offense looked lethargic also. If we did not go to the Super bowl the year before I think Sirianni would have been fired. So now we have experienced offensive and defensive coordinators. we have signed a few people who light the fire under the asses of other players. And will them so. We let several players go on last year of contracts and prove me contracts from the Super bowl year. What replaced them did not prove it.
The Giants fucked up last year giving Jones the long-term contract and tagging Barkley. They did exactly the opposite of what they should have done. That said, Im not sure how that or any of the other points you just made, makes the Philly signing make more sense. Essentially the same player stats wise for the same number of years, Swift is 2 years younger and far less injury prone, Swift was just 4 million a year cheaper.

Forum List

Back