NFL Conference Championship games

They’re looking for a contract extension. That’s not cheap.

“middle of the pack”. Look at his passer rating. Find me 16 guys with a higher rating please.

In no specific order

Mahomes
Burrow
Allen
Lawrence
Herbert
Prescott
Brady
Rodgers
Hurts
Jackson
Tua
Stafford
Carr
Goff
Cousins
Smith

Shall I go on. All those QBs are better than Purdy.

No he isn’t. Once the Raiders release him he isn’t making anything.
He just signed a contract extension for that amount.

He’s not going to be cheap. Purdy is.

In no specific order

Mahomes
Burrow
Allen
Lawrence
Herbert
Prescott
Brady
Rodgers
Hurts
Jackson
Tua
Stafford
Carr
Goff
Cousins
Smith

Shall I go on. All those QBs are better than Purdy.
JMO, All of those quarterbacks are exceptional, and the one common denominator that they share is that they have had far more time in the NFL as starters than Purdy has.

Purdy played 7 games, and ended his season with a QB rating of over 107.

Based on his stats in 7 games as a rookie, he compares favorably to Carr in Carr's first season, if you adjust their stats for number of games played as rookies, Purdy looks very solid.

JMO, "No dog in the fight"

JMO, All of those quarterbacks are exceptional, and the one common denominator that they share is that they have had far more time in the NFL as starters than Purdy has.

Purdy played 7 games, and ended his season with a QB rating of over 107.

Based on his stats in 7 games as a rookie, he compares favorably to Carr in Carr's first season, if you adjust their stats for number of games played as rookies, Purdy looks very solid.

JMO, "No dog in the fight"
While that might be true Carr wasn’t playing with the caliber of teammates Purdy was nor did he have an offensive wizard as a head coach like Purdy does. Also Purdy is out at least 6 months and possibly a year with his injury. Thirdly there’s no way to know if Purdy comes back the same before surgery. He’s undersized to start and already had a less than stellar arm. The Niners are built to win now and that window is closing.

He just signed a contract extension for that amount.

He’s not going to be cheap. Purdy is.
Ok. We will see. I bet the 9rs make a move for a QB this offseason

Ok. We will see. I bet the 9rs make a move for a QB this offseason
Let’s see it. I doubt it.

Between Lance and Purdy, we already have a QB controversy as it is. I don’t see us adding to that issue. We have bigger holes in the offensive line, defensive line, and the secondary after we deal with free agency.

None of the teams those QBs play for would trade their QB for Purdy. None.
I didn’t say they would. I said that there aren’t 16 guys with a higher passer rating than Purdy. So I’m not sure where you’re getting this “middle of the pack” thing. Purdy has played exceptionally well.

If you don’t think he can keep it up, that’s fine. I was skeptical at first too. Part of me is still expecting someone to figure him out and expose him as a mediocre quarterback. But we haven’t seen that yet. But you can’t say that his play has been middle of the pack. He has done very well up to now.

I didn’t say they would. I said that there aren’t 16 guys with a higher passer rating than Purdy. So I’m not sure where you’re getting this “middle of the pack” thing. Purdy has played exceptionally well.

If you don’t think he can keep it up, that’s fine. I was skeptical at first too. Part of me is still expecting someone to figure him out and expose him as a mediocre quarterback. But we haven’t seen that yet. But you can’t say that his play has been middle of the pack. He has done very well up to now.

Whatever, if the 9rs stand pat at qb they dont win a SB that’s the bottom line. I don’t know if they can win the NFC with Jalen Hurts in Philly.

Whatever, if the 9rs stand pat at qb they dont win a SB that’s the bottom line. I don’t know if they can win the NFC with Jalen Hurts in Philly.
You don’t know that. You think Carr can win them a super bowl based on what?

If the 49ers break the bank for an expensive QB, they’re going to lose talent at other positions.

You don’t know that. You think Carr can win them a super bowl based on what?

If the 49ers break the bank for an expensive QB, they’re going to lose talent at other positions.
Based on him having more talent than Purdy. SF doesn’t need Patrick Mahomes to win a SB but they need more talent than Purdy brings to the table.

Based on him having more talent than Purdy. SF doesn’t need Patrick Mahomes to win a SB but they need more talent than Purdy brings to the table.
That is correct. There have een many flashes in the pan. This one happened to be surrounded by a pedigree defense and offense. The truth is that Philadelphia should have played Dallas. Dak Prescott faltered enough to give Frisco the win.

There has to be temptation to draft a quarterback by the Lions. To move up and take the highest graded one. I am glad for Goff, however if someone is potentially better and could be drafted, they need to do it. This era seems to have running also as part of the quarterback package.
I disagree. I think this guy has been and is under rated.

Look what I posted

set the Pac-12 Conference season records for passing yards and passing touchdowns, and was selected first overall by the Los Angeles Rams in the 2016 NFL Draft.

After an unsuccessful rookie season, Goff rebounded in his second year when he helped lead the Rams to their first winning season in 14 years and their first playoff appearance in 13 years. Goff oversaw further improved fortunes for the Rams in 2018, which saw the team reach Super Bowl LIII, the franchise's first Super Bowlappearance since 2001. He also received Pro Bowl honors in both seasons.

We have other positions that need improvement. I think we have a solid QB.

Plus Brady is now off the table. LOL. Maybe we can still get Aaron Rogers? LOL. I wouldn't want him. Don't like his attitude and he's washed up. Like Lebron. Still great but not great enough to win another championship. Can show flashes of greatness but not be great the entire game. Aaron has lost a step. And yet the NFL talks about him like another team would be lucky to have him. Same with Russell Wilson. I don't think he can win another superbowl. He's like Mahomes dad's age. LOL He was great 10 years ago. Yet everything wants him or thinks he's great.

I think Goff is young and great. And can win it all. I wonder if the Rams would have won with him or if Stafford made them better.

Forum List

Back