NFL Conference Championship games

It is not subjective to argue that Purdy had a higher passer rating than each of the QBs you listed.
It’s subjective that QB rating really means something especially in the extremely small sample size we are talking about.
It is not subjective to argue that Purdy will have a lower salary than each of the QBs you listed.

It is not subjective to argue that a more expensive quarterback will allow less room in the salary cap to attract and retain talent at other positions.

katsteve2012

Surprisingly,even astonishingly,nobody seems to have brought this fact up anywhere until now thst the niners future at quarterback looks very gloomy now with purdys injury,a torn ACL is a MAJOR injury thst can be career ending.with the niners future at quarterback uncertain,sense brady has lied once before about retiring,I would not be surprised in the least if the niners this time reached out to brady and asked him to play fir him,would you? I think that would be the one scenario that WOULD bring back the lying classless clown out of retirement to play once again the fact he was hurt thst his hometown city did not draft him,I think ASSUMING the niners reach out to him,he will be in a niners uniform next year what do you think?

katsteve2012

Surprisingly,even astonishingly,nobody seems to have brought this fact up anywhere until now thst the niners future at quarterback looks very gloomy now with purdys injury,a torn ACL is a MAJOR injury thst can be career ending.with the niners future at quarterback uncertain,sense brady has lied once before about retiring,I would not be surprised in the least if the niners this time reached out to brady and asked him to play fir him,would you? I think that would be the one scenario that WOULD bring back the lying classless clown out of retirement to play once again the fact he was hurt thst his hometown city did not draft him,I think ASSUMING the niners reach out to him,he will be in a niners uniform next year what do you think?
I would have thought it was a possibility until earlier today. According to Brady, he is now retiring for good. Considering the salary cap, I think that the 49ers will work with what they currently have next season. If they decide to test the water, who is left as a viable option? Baker Mayfield?

or Derek Carr?
I thought he just signed a 3 year extension with the Raiders that is worth $121.5 million in October? The Raiders have until February 15th to trade him or cut him, but they haven't granted him permission to seek a trade, which effectively ties his hands.

That was in October before they benched him, so I guess the outcome is still unfolding as we speak.
With the weapons the niners have all around, I would think they would be an attractive destination for any Quarterback out there.

They don't have a lot of draft capitol, but they should add to that offensive line with whatever it takes.

With the weapons the niners have all around, I would think they would be an attractive destination for any Quarterback out there.

They don't have a lot of draft capitol, but they should add to that offensive line with whatever it takes.
I definitely agree. As far as talent on both sides of the ball they have it in abundance, but they absolutely need to strengthen the offensive line.

I definitely agree. As far as talent on both sides of the ball they have it in abundance, but they absolutely need to strengthen the offensive line.
Doubly so, if Trent Williams retires like he's hinting at doing. I think McGlinchey is also gone, but he will be easy to replace. Nobody on the planet can replace Williams.

Doubly so, if Trent Williams retires like he's hinting at doing. I think McGlinchey is also gone, but he will be easy to replace. Nobody on the planet can replace Williams.
Williams is one of the best offensive tackles in the NFL. His retirement would leave (literally) some big shoes to fill.

That was in October before they benched him, so I guess the outcome is still unfolding as we speak. He did just get tapped to take Burrows place in the Pro Bowl, which raises his stock.
Pretty sure Carr signed his deal right after last season. They are going to end up cutting him to avoid the cap hit. Carr is done in Vegas. I cant see how they bring him back after how they treated him last year.

Pretty sure Carr signed his deal right after last season. They are going to end up cutting him to avoid the cap hit. Carr is done in Vegas. I cant see how they bring him back after how they treated him last year.
Maybe Vegas picks up his option and then trades him to the highest bidder?

Maybe Vegas picks up his option and then trades him to the highest bidder?
Maybe but he has a no trade clause, and the contract makes him less desirable as trade bait. He's owed 34m this year and 43 the next 2. Im not sure that's a price point most teams are willing to pay for Derek Carr. I put him closer to 20-30 mil a year.

At his current salary he would be the 8th highest paid QB in the league next year....

Last edited:
They also blocked him from seeking a trade, indicating that they plan to wait until the deadline before they decide what to do.

Don't know why, but my gut feeling is that they are going to end up keeping him, after trying in vain to work out a trade with another team.

I hope I'm wrong, because IMO, they screwed him over at the end of the season. They will make his life miserable, much like Al Davis did to Marcus Allen.

They also blocked him from seeking a trade, indicating that they plan to wait until the deadline before they decide what to do.

Don't know why, but my gut feeling is that they are going to end up keeping him, after trying in vain to work out a trade with another team.

I hope I'm wrong, because IMO, they screwed him over at the end of the season. They will make his life miserable, much like Al Davis did to Marcus Allen.
It's possible I guess. That's alot of money to have tied up in a guy you dont want though. Their dilemma is that they have to decide to cut him before they can know who they might sign as a replacement to avoid the cap hit.

I would have thought it was a possibility until earlier today. According to Brady, he is now retiring for good. Considering the salary cap, I think that the 49ers will work with what they currently have next season. If they decide to test the water, who is left as a viable option? Baker Mayfield?
well thats the thing,just because he SAYS he is retiring for good,does not mean it will happen.He lied before,wht should we believe him now? oh and do you remember brett farve? I do. to jog your memory in case you DONT remember,he also lied on many occassions on retiring. His last four or five years playing,he said time and time again each year this was for sure his last year.He became a broken record.

However he might just be telling the truth this time and i think there is a 50/50 chance he is because of his speech he gave when he thanked the NFL for giving the chance to live his dream and he also said like ten years ago his goal was to play till he was 45 and he achieved it so from all that I dont think he will pull a brett farve on us UNLESS the niners reach out to him and BEG him.IF they do that,I guarantee you he will be in a niners uniform. after all,it would be a dream team for him to play on,playing for his hometown.The reason i think it is a strong possibility he will be their starter next year is Brady has all the money in the world he will ever need plus his future also is going to make him really rich with a lockup 10 year contract with fox sports when he decideds to hang it up so he would be cheap,he wouldnt play for the money,he would just want a chance to play for his dream team.

so if august comes around when the pre season starts and he is not signed with the niners,okay THEN i will believe it that he wont be in a niners uniform but until then,I am expecting to see him on the field in a niners uniform.i got to see it before i believe it that he is done this time for good. we had one brett farve,we could have another one sense he has lied to us once before already. we shall see.the waiting game begins.

Forum List

Back