NFL chief medical officer: Symptomatic players driving COVID-19 spread; no indications of asymptomatic spread

Burgermeister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2021
"I think all of our concern about [asymptomatic spread] has been going down based on what we've been seeing throughout the past several months," Sills told ESPN. "We've got our hands full with symptomatic people. Can I tell you tonight that there has never been a case when someone without symptoms passed it on to someone else? No, of course I can't say that. But what I can say to you is that I think it's a very, very tiny fraction of the overall problem, if it exists at all.

"Clearly if you want to look at the overall pattern and concern about transmission, it is not being driven by people who have no idea that they are infected and they are infecting scores of others. This is being driven by people with symptoms and the exposures during that symptomatic period."

So it's like the cold and flu? Gee. So let's stop putting restrictions on everyone and treat it like the cold and flu and quit acting like it's airborn Ebola.

So it's like the cold and flu? Gee. So let's stop putting restrictions on everyone and treat it like the cold and flu and quit acting like it's airborn Ebola.

Translation: The tests give a lot of false positives, and the individuals that DON'T have Covid aren't spreading it!!!!

Sounds like they are trying to give an excuse for changing their testing requirements.

Personally I think they should do so, it is stupid to test every player multiple times a week.

Sounds like they are trying to give an excuse for changing their testing requirements.

Personally I think they should do so, it is stupid to test every player multiple times a week.
And that could also be extended to Biden's vaccine mandates...

Considering the shortage of tests due to the Fucktard's piss-poor planning, if he's not going to test EVERYBODY that can catch Covid (including all of the vaccinated individuals), the tests should be reserved for the individuals that are actually showing symptoms!!!!

And that could also be extended to Biden's vaccine mandates...

I agree. I am fully against Biden's vaccine mandates for private entities.

Considering the shortage of tests due to the Fucktard's piss-poor planning, if he's not going to test EVERYBODY that can catch Covid (including all of the vaccinated individuals), the tests should be reserved for the individuals that are actually showing symptoms!!!!

This is a huge problem. My wife is a nurse that works with COVID patients and she was having symptoms starting Christmas night. We tried to find a place close to our house for her to get tested and the earliest she could get was Jan 3rd. She ended up going to her Employee health and getting tested and was negative. But not everyone has the option.

In other words we would lose a lot of money during the playoffs if we sidelined all our stars or canceled games, so we are changing the rules and no longer give a shit about WuFlu.

Screen Shot 105.jpg

Forum List

Back