I'm in for college FB. Pro not so much.

Haven't followed CB closely since they refused to go to at least an eight team playoff. What was that; about eight years ago?

The 4 team playoff is far better than the BCS. I think they will go to an 8 team playoff eventually. But what we have now is the best it has ever been.

It's still designed to rig sh** for elites; and by elites, I mainly mean the SEC and a few other football schools.

There are elite schools that spend the money, time and rsources on having a winning football program. Typically, that is how you develop a winning program in anything.

And they have these resources due to unfair competition practices.

Really? What unfair competition practices would that be?

Haven't followed CB closely since they refused to go to at least an eight team playoff. What was that; about eight years ago?

The 4 team playoff is far better than the BCS. I think they will go to an 8 team playoff eventually. But what we have now is the best it has ever been.

It's still designed to rig sh** for elites; and by elites, I mainly mean the SEC and a few other football schools.

The fact that the schools get players by recruiting and not some form of draft guarantees a rich get richer poor stay poor system.

It allows the student athlete to choose which school they attend. That seems more important than equity among teams.

Student athletes are in large part not sympathetic figures in pretty much any potential system.

If you say so. I presented that point to counter the suggestion of a draft. Which would force student athletes to go to a certain school, whether they wanted to attend that school or not. Would forcing the student athletes to go to a specific school make you more sympathetic to them?

The fact that the schools get players by recruiting and not some form of draft guarantees a rich get richer poor stay poor system.

It allows the student athlete to choose which school they attend. That seems more important than equity among teams.

Student athletes are in large part not sympathetic figures in pretty much any potential system.

???

There are elite schools that spend the money, time and rsources on having a winning football program. Typically, that is how you develop a winning program in anything.

Come on, dude. You been living under a rock?

If you say so. I presented that point to counter the suggestion of a draft. Which would force student athletes to go to a certain school, whether they wanted to attend that school or not. Would forcing the student athletes to go to a specific school make you more sympathetic to them?

I'm not making an argument for forcing students to go to any school. Is this your preferred method of argumentation; pretend?

???

I'm waiting for something substantial from him. Or at least more than this "Its not FAIR!" whining.

Come on, dude. You been living under a rock?

No, not at all. I am just asking you for specifics instead of all this vague bullshit.

Burfict's suspension was reduced to 3 games... still fucking ridiculous. The NFL and Goddell just hates the Bengals and loves Steeler cock. Fuck him and the NFL front office.

I'm waiting for something substantial from him. Or at least more than this "Its not FAIR!"

And you think the NCAA is built on fairness; is that really your position?

Never said anything of the kind. But your comments have all tried to make it seem as though the "elite" got there solely because they cheated.

YOu have not mentioned any specifics (beyond naming the SEC as one of the main culprits). What would make college football what you want it to be? Give us some solid facts.

I'm waiting for something substantial from him. Or at least more than this "Its not FAIR!"

Never said anything of the kind. But your comments have all tried to make it seem as though the "elite" got there solely because they cheated.

YOu have not mentioned any specifics (beyond naming the SEC as one of the main culprits). What would make college football what you want it to be? Give us some solid facts.

That's a huge part of it. But I wasn't even really digging into the seedy underbelly; I was talking about the systematic power brokering.

No, not at all. I am just asking you for specifics instead of all this vague bullshit.

How about you explain how college football is ever so wonderfully fair, brah.

The year I think college football was so unfair...

Was the year Notre Dame had the same record as Florida State, beat them head to head, but Florida State got the National Championship.

That's a huge part of it. But I wasn't even really digging into the seedy underbelly; I was talking about the systematic power brokering.

So the institutions that spend time, money and other resources to build a top level program are the problem? Those who didin't and are now behind are the problem? What, exactly, is the problem?

How about you explain how college football is ever so wonderfully fair, brah.

Let me try again, I did not say it was fair. I did not even say it was unfair. I was discussing the NFL season and then spoke about college football. Then you came in claiming the entire system is designed to help the rich and punish the poor, or something. YOu are making the accusations. It falls to you to give specifics.

Go have your period somewhere else, Vagitare.

Point make you can?

I'm sorry; did three question marks not get you as far as you wanted? Maybe, try stop being such a pube in the future.

Forum List

Back