Next up: Stone Mountain carvings

Why the hell anyone would want to honor a pathetic loser like Jefferson Davis is beyond me. Maybe we shouldn't take it down but why not add Benedict Arnold and Julius and Ethel Rosenberg and change the name to the Stone Seditionist Monument. That should make you all happy.

Ethel and Julius were Soviet Spies so I can see why you and gator would like them.
By, you’re the one tat loves traitors. They're all your kind of people.

No, I respect our history. The only people who destroy history are progressive loons, and religious nutjobs. Which one are you?

More to the point, General Santa Ana very famously said "those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it" How much easier it is to repeat the crimes of the progressives when they can erase the crimes they have committed.
You idiot it wasn‘t General Santa Ana that said ”those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it", it was George Santayana.

Oh damn, i missed the Y. Now, refute what he said, moron.
You missed the Y? And added General in front to suggest it was a Mexican General instead of a Spanish Philosopher named George. Shit happens but own your mistakes.

Even the NAACP agrees with me:

President of the Atlanta chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), Rose grew up in the civil rights movement, the “whites only” times. Such tributes to the Confederacy have haunted him all his life.

“I don’t think people understand the objective and the intent,” he said in a phone interview. “They don’t understand that it’s based on white supremacy because the war was based on white supremacy, and the ‘heroes’ are based on white supremacy.

In 1915, the second coming of the Ku Klux Klan occurred atop Stone Mountain. Klan money helped fund the monument. And the first of its three head sculptors was a Klansman, as was the owner of the mountain, Samuel Venable, whose family bought it in 1887 to run a quarry. Venable granted the Klan rights to hold meetings there in perpetuity. And for decades it did.

I do not think art should be destroyed.

Stone Mountain is an abomination. I have hiked all over GA and wouldn’t step foot there.

Dr MLK said “let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!” in his “I have a dream” speech and a few years later they decided to make it a monument to hate.

Seven mins of inspiration with the last 4 minutes being as close to perfect as language can be...

Finished in 1972 this should be returned to a clean face of rock.

View attachment 357205

.....so you hate America--just say it

You hate Americans! Just say it.

I hate criminals that resist arrest

Matthew 22:36-40 New International Version (NIV)
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

1. the bible is a bunch of fairy tales
2. the priests RAPE children--then the hierarchy covers it up
3. why do you people LOVE criminals?

Forum List

Back