News anchor taken off air after calling Lady Gaga song "jigaboo music".

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
If she had called rock and roll "cracker music" would she be disciplined?

Ohio anchor taken off air after Lady Gaga jiga--- comment - NY Daily News

feb 25 2015
The Ohio news anchor who used a racial slur while discussing Lady Gaga's Oscars performance has been temporarily taken off the air.

Fox 8 Cleveland news anchor Kristi Capel "will not be anchoring 'Fox 8 News in the Morning' for the remainder of the week," the station said in a statement Wednesday. She will be back behind the desk March 2.

Capel came under fire after calling Lady Gaga songs "jiga--- music" on the air Monday morning, referring to a racist term for African Americans.

Capel, a former Miss Missouri USA, apologized on Twitter and during Tuesday's broadcast. She said she did not even know it was a word.

• Banned
Have to admit it wasn't very smart of her to say that. You wonder what people are thinking sometimes.

If she had called rock and roll "cracker music" would she be disciplined?

Ohio anchor taken off air after Lady Gaga jiga--- comment - NY Daily News

feb 25 2015
The Ohio news anchor who used a racial slur while discussing Lady Gaga's Oscars performance has been temporarily taken off the air.

Fox 8 Cleveland news anchor Kristi Capel "will not be anchoring 'Fox 8 News in the Morning' for the remainder of the week," the station said in a statement Wednesday. She will be back behind the desk March 2.

Capel came under fire after calling Lady Gaga songs "jiga--- music" on the air Monday morning, referring to a racist term for African Americans.

Capel, a former Miss Missouri USA, apologized on Twitter and during Tuesday's broadcast. She said she did not even know it was a word.

Rock and roll isn't cracker music.

But, its a fox affiliate and they have very low standards. She'll be back.

Worth mentioning in the interest of simple fairness, if blacks are gonna popularize "******" or "nigga" and other racist terms, you can't be surprised when they start popping up in popular usage. My thought is as obscure as jigaboo is, chances are she heard it from some movie like Spike Lee's "School Daze." If you popularize a word, you can't then raise hell when someone uses it.

Jiggaboo, a really dark skinned black person with strong negroid features (ie. big lips, wide nose, nappy hair)
1. in the spike lee movie "school daze" the light skinned sorority sisters refer to the darker sisters of a different sorority as ugly "jiggaboos"
Urban Dictionary jiggaboo

Spearchucker adn such are obviously racist. Jiggaboo though is really rare and obscure. There's a related word I've heard sung by some Latin salsa sorta dancer on old Bugs Bunny cartoons where she goes "Chikka boo chikka boo" or something like that. So calling Lady Gaga's music jiggaboo thinking it means whatever sort of music she was refering to isn't like beyond the pale or saying it's "nigga music" or something more overtly racist.

From a business pov I can see their decision having logic and merit. From everyone else's though it's much ado about nothing. Lady Gaga's obviously white, calling her a racist anti-black name wouldn't make any sense.

Plus her co-anchor was black. Think she's gonna hurl racist epithets sitting next to a black guy? :)

This oversensitivity to words has to stop. If people know you're gonna stop doing everythign else to have a hissy fit because you used a naughty word, guess what they're gonna do A LOT more?

When I was a kid my stepdad used to call Nirvana jigaboo music. We showed him a picture of the band members, and asked him which one he thought was black. :lol:

This oversensitivity to words has to stop. If people know you're gonna stop doing everythign else to have a hissy fit because you used a naughty word, guess what they're gonna do A LOT more?
All this PC bullshit needs to stop.

People are just too fuckin' sensitive, and, in most cases, hypocritical too.

Lady Gaga is Jiggaboo music.

I've been forced to listen to her "music" a few times and all I can say is that it sucks. There's nothing she's done as Gaga that makes me wanna' listen twice. She used to have talent before she stole the whole "Missing Persons" act from Dale Bozzio.

Forum List

Back